R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, she's just darling, darling!

Old 06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool! You takin Bubbles on a cruise? Man, I would have thought she would have been all cruised out after that trip from England.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Bubbles is a very social creature! You've got to take him out and about or he gets really cranky!

Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Ahh, he. My bad. I knew I had a 50/40 chance of being right. The 10 is reserved on the oft chance of being backwards.

Romi is shy. A lot like me.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Well...it's an honest mistake. All along I kept referring to my MINI as a "she", and then just when I saw it, I noticed something dangling between it's rear wheels...man, it's a HE! So now it's Bubbles!

Old 06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
muse photos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Skuzzy
And check your lint at the door please. Thank you!

Working to keep a lint-free environment for over 2 days!
whats with all the lint talk? you sound like my psycho boyfriend. you and him should get together and become lint exterminators. (coookooo)

so far no problemas for me...i thought the top was broken and then we figured out it had to do something with the way we put the trunk levers and we were sooo relieved. its liek a ****ign puzzle this car....if you don't do this then this doesn't work...i dunno super wierd. anyways besides that its fabulous as you can tell from me being so quiet on here...been riding around alll of miami taking different people on random driving outings..LOL its great!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
twings
2nd Gear
Thanks for the welcomes and info, guys.....your chatter for the past 24 has me ROFL (thanks for the definition!)....made my day!!!

Yes, Chessie is female, and I WILL have pictures...notice I did add Skuzzy's tag. May need help putting both in the sig. Chessie (in case anybody cares) is short for Cheshire Cat. I'm a cat fanatic, plus the last thing you see of the Cheshire Cat is her smile....and MINI's make you smile even after they're out of sight.

I forgot who said it, but I love the comment about the air conditioned garages and melted black rubber all over the floor.....even funnier because it's true!

Last edited by twings; 06-07-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
MUSE...Boy did we ever miss you! We're getting our girls back! Twings, now Muse! A few more to go and we'll have the whole family back together! (brings a tear to your eye!)

I was going to ask about Chessie, but had much more fun trying to figure it out myself...First, went with food thinking it was Cheesies! Second, the game Chess, third shortened version of Chesterton, forth a mix of Charles and Bessie....Come on girls...pics please! Muse, where's the rest of the millions of pics you were going to bequeath upon us?

Mmmm....Cheesies...be right back!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:42 PM
rooandren
6th Gear
Yea, I second the pestering for pics, especially from the professional!

And Muse, why lint? Because it is a scourge to be eliminated! Never underestimated the terrors.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
THE CURSE OF THE WERE-DUST-RABBIT

Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 PM
kimmc
2nd Gear
Here's the other girl. I've been lurking, but have been busy at work and haven't had time to post. Plus I'm very upset because my real plates got lost in the mail - a week past my temp tags expiring - so I can't drive my car!!!! Very upsetting. I'm totally mad at my dealer/MA because they are being very laxidaisical about it despite daily calls and demands they do something.

I managed to put 1300 miles on it in the 20 days I could drive, (and I don't drive to work...) and beyond a slight 2nd gear grind that happens sometimes when I first start out driving, it's been great fun. Oh, I wish I was driving right now.

Here's a photo from vermont dirt roads and what they did to him.

Talk about dust rabbit....

Attached Thumbnails The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club-img_3370.jpg  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:04 AM
snid
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You were in Vermont and didn't tell me? :D

Old 06-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
HOLY POTATOES KIMMC!! Someone call the riot cleaning squad, pronto! What we have here is a case of the lint winning the war!!! One of our own is in trouble guys! Dunt(tm) worry kimmc, we will not rest (too much) until your baby is free from the pestilence of the dirt ***** (lint ball's cousins)!

Originally Posted by twings
<snip>Yes, Chessie is female, and I WILL have pictures...notice I did add Skuzzy's tag. May need help putting both in the sig. Chessie (in case anybody cares) is short for Cheshire Cat. I'm a cat fanatic, plus the last thing you see of the Cheshire Cat is her smile....and MINI's make you smile even after they're out of sight.

I forgot who said it, but I love the comment about the air conditioned garages and melted black rubber all over the floor.....even funnier because it's true!
For the sigpic, all you need to do is open the little pic in my original post of the pic, then right-click on it and "copy shortcut", then paste that URL (shift-insert) in for your sigpic. You have the little one there now.

When you get some pics posted we can build you a sig complete with the tag.

Whne I first read the name of your baby, I was hungry, and was wearing the wrong glasses, and there was a thunder storm about, and my hair was in my eyes (from falling off my head), and my desk chair broke, and the monitor had a chocolate smudge over the name of your car, and well,,...I went blind!! Ok, ok, ok. Maybe some of those were a bit exagerrated.

Originally Posted by muse photos
whats with all the lint talk? you sound like my psycho boyfriend. you and him should get together and become lint exterminators. (coookooo)<snip>
Sorry Muse, I dunt(tm) swing that way. But that is what the lint ***** are counting on. They want us to team up in groups. It makes it easier for them to leave thier scourge over a wider area. And before we realize it, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of cup holders with lint in them. The endeavor towards lintocide cannot be taken lightly and will not be successful if we huddle together. We must go forth, far and wide, with our vacuum cleaners, our tweezers, and even toothpicks....with whatever weapon we have to put an end to the scourge that is lint. Our duty is clear. Our resolve is unbreakable. Our lunches are cold! We will be vistorious! Remember the Lintamo!

Last edited by Skuzzy; 06-08-2007 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:35 AM
twings
2nd Gear
Thanks, Skuzzy, for the instructions on the sig....hopefully, by tonight I'll have pics...my camera's not the greatest, but we'll see. Chessie takes no offense to the butchering of her name; she's pretty easygoing.....like most females...Oops, sorry, shouldn't say that in a mixed crowd!

Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Mixed? Maybe a mixed up crowd.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:12 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kimmc
Here's the other girl. I've been lurking, but have been busy at work and haven't had time to post. Plus I'm very upset because my real plates got lost in the mail - a week past my temp tags expiring - so I can't drive my car!!!! Very upsetting. I'm totally mad at my dealer/MA because they are being very laxidaisical about it despite daily calls and demands they do something.

I managed to put 1300 miles on it in the 20 days I could drive, (and I don't drive to work...) and beyond a slight 2nd gear grind that happens sometimes when I first start out driving, it's been great fun. Oh, I wish I was driving right now.

Here's a photo from vermont dirt roads and what they did to him.

Talk about dust rabbit....
Thank goodness all our girls are still ok! Welcome back kimmc...and I too notice the slight grind from 1st to 2nd...I found that putting a little more pressure on the gearshift to the driver's side and down will eliminate that! You just have to get a little more aggressive with it!

PICS PLEASE!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Actually, that second gear grind might be a symptom of the bad run of clutch/flywheels some have experienced. If the clutch is engaging near the top of the travel, then you probably should get your dealer involved as soon as possible.

The clutch should start engagin below about halfway of the pedal travel, then be fully engaged a couple of inches before the pedal stops.

Either that or someone is not getting the pedal fully depressed. Not that I have ever done that, but,..well,..uh,..just a thought (yeah, that's the ticket).

Old 06-08-2007, 07:30 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
hmmm...maybe I'm releasing the clutch too early? Possible! I'm pretty anxious to get flying down the road! hahaha

Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
The first to second shift seems a little tougher than then other upshifts, for some reason. It still feels good, but just a bit more effort required.

This may ease up as things breakin. Dunno.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM
kimmc
2nd Gear
The clutch action seems totally fine and normal to me, it's just the shifter. I hope it's only that I'm not being agressive enough with it. I'd go home after work and test it out, but I CAN'T DRIVE IT because the dealership lost my plates!

I need some good whining tips, Skuzzy.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Ok, some of you are running about the forums nakkid and it is going to frighten the kiddies.

Here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...5&d=1180361788 is the URL for the NFR tag.

In your User CP, edit your signature and use the above URL for your sig tag. If you have a pic of your Mini, just upload it and I will get around to making a joint tag for you. Just make sure your sigpic is 100 pixels tall.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
twings
2nd Gear
See Chessie in the flesh (metal?) in my gallery. Technical I'm not, so they're probably not the right size for a sig.....but ain't she beautiful!!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
kimmc, whine tips....

1) The best whine is the one they do not see coming. Sort of like being run over by a Mack truck you never saw. If you dunt(tm) see it, then it won't hurt.
2) Any topic/post can be turned into a whine. It is a test of your skills as a writer. In all things there is a negative aspect. Find it, and you have your whine.
3) Lunacy is your friend. Dunt(tm) be afraid to be a little loony. In some ways it is expected.
4) The best whines stem from a passion you have about something. Take the topic, turn it into that something and let er rip!
5) When in doubt, let the whine it out!
6) Never apologize for your whine. You must always be too self-absorbed to be concerned about how the reader feels about your whine.
7) If your whine is funny. Then laugh about it.
8) Never be afraid to talk to yourself. No matter what they say, some really awesome whines come from having an argument with yourself.
9) Avoid lint ***** at all costs.
10) Dress sloppy when you are ready to whine. Put on mismatching socks. Take off one shoe, let one shirt tail hang out. Dunt blow your nose, just let it run. The more disgusting you feel, the more heightened the whine will be.

And that concludes the 10 steps to better whines. Practice, practice, and practice.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Twings....Chessie is a gorgeous girl! Bubbles wants to know if she's single? I had to take the laptop outside to show him...I think he's in loooove!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Twings!! Chessie is very cool! I really am enjoying all the different NFR combinations we have going on in our little group. The checker mirror caps are just awesome!

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club