R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
rooandren
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the loony bin Alabama! You have ordered and are anxiously awaiting now I presume?

I don't think we've had them on here. The solid color is more popular with the new clubman model, I am pretty sure that there are lots of official promotional pics of that in solid color. Ok, I can't find any within 5 seconds.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
I do remember someone becoming a threadie who has a solid color. When the DB guy logs in, I'm sure he can confirm or deny!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:14 PM
AlabamaNightfire
1st Gear
Yes, ordered and awaiting. Dealer provided production number the date of order and said 5 week delivery. One reason I chose the solid color is that I've see so few (of any color) in solid. In all honesty - I prefer the white or black roof -- just going for some individuality (what it's all about, right??) Trying to decide now on stripes or no stripes/white or black/standard or viper, etc., etc.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:21 PM
First Mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AlabamaNightfire
Yes, ordered and awaiting. Dealer provided production number the date of order and said 5 week delivery. One reason I chose the solid color is that I've see so few (of any color) in solid. In all honesty - I prefer the white or black roof -- just going for some individuality (what it's all about, right??) Trying to decide now on stripes or no stripes/white or black/standard or viper, etc., etc.
I went black roof and no stripes. I didn't know it was a special color when I bought it...It just grabbed me as I was walking the lot on a Sunday-I think it picked me as much as I picked it. My two cents thinks a body colored roof with standard black stripes would be very nice.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Oh my, its the Texan! Where you've been, boy?

Old 04-28-2008, 05:58 PM
First Mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by carjoy
Oh my, its the Texan! Where you've been, boy?
Everywhere and nowhere, Ma'am...Work's been busy and Spring is pretty active this year (Wife's MBA grad, Race for the Cure (X2), Daughter's prom, Daughter's HS grad, there's more but those are the highlights...Glad to see y'all still carryin' on without me. Looking forward to D's trip down in June.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Congrats to your wife and daughter on the graduations! What an accomplishment.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:26 PM
First Mini
2nd Gear
Congrats to your wife and daughter on the graduations! What an accomplishment.
The wife is an amazing woman. Smokin' hot CPA who had a weight problem in high school. Thankfully, her peer group destroyed her self esteem enough to make settling for a guy like me seem like a good idea. She makes my head spin and my loins ache. We're heading to Colorado next month for graduation and then an Alaskan cruise in June to celebrate. It's a good life.

The middle daughter is a quiet, thoughtful and poetic child who will thrive in a college enviornment. I'll miss her but she'll only be about 40 minutes away.

I'm proud of them both but it will be nice when the boy and I have a gender dominated TV voting majority in the house.
No more American Idol and Dancing with the Stars!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:36 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by First Mini
I'm proud of them both but it will be nice when the boy and I have a gender dominated TV voting majority in the house.
No more American Idol and Dancing with the Stars!!!!!!!
You two keep telling yourselves that!! Not a chance!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
First Mini
2nd Gear
You two keep telling yourselves that!! Not a chance!
A guy can dream...All Speed Channel,Three Stooges and Cops...

Old 04-29-2008, 07:07 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
I do remember someone becoming a threadie who has a solid color. When the DB guy logs in, I'm sure he can confirm or deny!
Hey y'all...Plasmodesmata had the one and only Solid NFR. I think there are pics in his gallery somewhere? I can hardly wait for my trip down south too....4 1/2 weeks to go! Yippee!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
AlabamaNightfire
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dennisd63
Hey y'all...Plasmodesmata had the one and only Solid NFR. I think there are pics in his gallery somewhere? I can hardly wait for my trip down south too....4 1/2 weeks to go! Yippee!
Thanks DennisD63...found his profile, quite a few good pics. Where in the south are you headed?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Thanks DennisD63...found his profile, quite a few good pics. Where in the south are you headed?
First destination will be San Antonio....then after a week there working my way west to THE Canyon, and up through Utah/Colorado...working our way back home to central Canada.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Ok Alabama...here's a routine. I'm Dennisd; the "Database Man"....I need some info for our NFR database. I'm assuming you live in Alabama, so that one's easy. I need the following: MINI name, packages, and any other options you ordered. I have the rest for the database already. Once you actually get your hands on your MINI, take a pic, post it here and we'll turn you into a vested member of the NFR Support Group..you'll get a badge and everything!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Originally Posted by irianon
so I'm wondering if this is where I should be. I just ordered a NFR MC (4/17 to be exact) and am going a little crazy already. and my MA said it could be up to 12 weeks (also, I use MA without knowing what it means, just that when I've seen it elsewhere it seemed to be in the context of the person who sold you your MINI, so did I use it right? XD)
Ok..same thing for you irianon. Only I need more info. Your state or province, MINI name, year (assuming 08?), roof color, stripes if any, kind of transmission, packages ordered, and any other options....And once you get it, post pics and you too will become "vested".

Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM
AlabamaNightfire
1st Gear
First destination will be San Antonio....then after a week there working my way west to THE Canyon, and up through Utah/Colorado...working our way back home to central Canada.
Sounds like an awesome trip....had our third visit to San Antonio last fall; fourth visit to Colorado/Wyoming/South Dakota last summer. We've only been to Grand Canyon once...but it's amazing! Good luck and be careful.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Sounds like an awesome trip....had our third visit to San Antonio last fall; fourth visit to Colorado/Wyoming/South Dakota last summer. We've only been to Grand Canyon once...but it's amazing! Good luck and be careful.
I've been from Williams, AZ and west about 6 or 7 times now....and San Antonio and Dallas once...but flew in. I'm going to collect more "miles" through some country I've never been before. I'm excited!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 AM
AlabamaNightfire
1st Gear
Should be a lot of fun. We took a 7,000 mile road trip several years ago and made a list of places we wanted to visit again (and places we never hoped to see again!!). Now we pick one of those areas, fly in and rent a car for the week and explore. However, you do miss quite a bit of scenery by flying. I told my wife yesterday about your upcoming trip...she said, maybe we need to take the new MINI on a road trip! There's three of us, two of which (THEM) tend to pack heavily. Don't know if the MINI would accomodate the luggage. We may have to try a shorter trip and find out. Sounds like fun!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Should be a lot of fun. We took a 7,000 mile road trip several years ago and made a list of places we wanted to visit again (and places we never hoped to see again!!). Now we pick one of those areas, fly in and rent a car for the week and explore. However, you do miss quite a bit of scenery by flying. I told my wife yesterday about your upcoming trip...she said, maybe we need to take the new MINI on a road trip! There's three of us, two of which (THEM) tend to pack heavily. Don't know if the MINI would accomodate the luggage. We may have to try a shorter trip and find out. Sounds like fun!
I took 3 of us with camping gear out for a 1 week trip...it worked...but one kid is really small still! Have you seen the custom MINI trailers yet? There's another option!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:22 AM
irianon
2nd Gear
Ok..same thing for you irianon. Only I need more info. Your state or province, MINI name, year (assuming 08?), roof color, stripes if any, kind of transmission, packages ordered, and any other options....And once you get it, post pics and you too will become "vested".
california, none yet (need to figure out it's personality first! I'm tempted to start looking up names but don't want to "taint" my first impression...if that makes any sense XD), '08, black, sport stripes (as opposed to bonnet stripes), manual, no packages, multi-function steering wheel, USB/bluetooth adapter, DSC (kinda light on options, but what you gonna do? next time I'll go all out )

when I first was doing the necassary research to replace my current(broken ) car NAM was a big influence on my final decision, and as far as color goes it was this thread that enlightened me to the dynamic and elusive beauty of nightfire red. that being said, I did see some talk about something happening to your car, dennis, when I was looking up pictures but never went deep enough to see what it was that had happened, is this where the chains come in? because if so a nod in the right direction to see a recap would be interesting XD

also... vested? does that mean buttons? do we get buttons?! I like buttons

Old 05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
I'll send you the buttons when you are vested and Dennis lets me know its okay. Sounds you have a great NFR coming your way!!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
irianon
2nd Gear
wow! I wasn't even being serious! That's awesome! XD

and thanks, I'd like to agree with that (:

Old 05-01-2008, 12:35 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
Oh if that is the case, then you'll have to beg to get them!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 AM
irianon
2nd Gear
ack! sadsad! how cruel is that? wave buttons in my face just to ****** them away. you are a sparkle stealer! shame!

(guilt...almost as good as begging...better in some cases)

Old 05-01-2008, 12:44 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
I'm immune to the guilt thing. It just whizzes over my head! Nice try though. You do get points for that.... but not enough to get a button.

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club