R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Can someone please identify this hose? R56 Mini Cooper S 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 03:05 PM
bettehead
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Can someone please identify this hose? R56 Mini Cooper S 2009

Hi folks. I was doing something under the hood of my mini and happened to touch this large diameter plastic hose tube thing and it actually lifted up and I could wiggle the whole thing. It seems to just push on at the back where I couldn't really see, and at the front of the car where it attaches to a hole behind the grill. Seems like some sort of air intake. If someone can tell me the name of it I'd much appreciate it. Also should I get it checked out? I pushed it back into place and it seems fine now and I didn't notice any change and drivability with it wiggling and detached.

It's this whole tube hose thingy. Rigid plastic.

This is where it disappears behind this unit and I can't really see. But I pushed it on by feel.

This is where the big hose / tube comes out at the front of the car behind the front grill

Last edited by bettehead; 11-26-2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Typos !
Old 11-26-2017, 05:17 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
It's the air intake hose for the air filter box. You will see it attaches between the radiator and headlight. Then connects to the bottom of the air filter airbox. This is the only way the air filter gets fresh air.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 11-26-2017, 06:44 PM
bettehead
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you SO much! I was surprised it came loose like that; was just serviced in July

Many thanks again!