R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Ccid 029

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 05:20 PM
400mphpc
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Ccid 029

Looking for some advise. I've seen many different views of this code posted and guess I just need to buckle down an purchase the right scanner.

Yesterday I was finishing up a 5 hour highway drive from Michigan to Indy and cruised the entire trip in the 70 to 80 mph range. No issues until I was about 25 miles from home. Jumped off on a back road and when I was ducking into a round about, hard left under throttle, the 1/2 power yellow symbol popped up on the tach. Ran through the normal prompts to find the code and it shows the CCID 029. Never lost power and just babied it home running around 55 to 60, no issues.

Got it, drove it to work today, 26 miles one way, no issues and no power loss. 1/2 light still on. Had a friend loan me his scanner tool (for European cars and it could see the Mini, no problem. It did not see anything out of line- no codes. I Hit the erase code prompt and all was good. Drove it home tonight and no issues, in sport mode on the back roads and even pushed it up to 5 grand on the tach going through the gears. Nothing....

After I got home, had to run a small errand, left the house no concerns, then as I was making a sweeping left turn ( a little aggressive) to get on the highway the code appeared again.

Maybe the left hand turn is fluke and has nothing to do with my issue, but it was the only thing I could find in common with my trip yesterday.

Two questions: what's the best code reader to get & any of you got an idea about what this may be? I'm not going to the dealer until I've done all I can. Rather do the work myself.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:15 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Lots of threads on this code, could be a lot of different things. Do a search on NAM, this one was interesting -

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...dles-fine.html

Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
The Bavtechnic software we have found to be the best and closest to the factory that an end user can get. It will give you the real info rather than just the generic codes.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/bavari...-software.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 05-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Cngizbleevng
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP, did you ever find out the trouble?