R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 01:34 PM
progi
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset

hello everyone,

i really have a unique problem with the TPMS reset.

so, i just got new tires on my 2007 cooper with satnav. as the handbook states, u can reset via the left bc-lever or the satnav interface. unfortunately my satnav (ccc) crashed/died a few years ago.
when i try to do the reset with the bc-lever, the TPMS symbol just does not appear in "SET/INFO" submenue and therefore no "RESET" option is available. so everytime i start&drive the mini, my digital-speedo is now permanently replaced by the red & lonely TPMS symbol in the upper display area of the rpm-meter. this is really annoying.

i went to BOSCH car service and BMW and both connected via the INPA interface but could not reset it from "outside".

any help on turning off/resetting TPMS or bringing back my upper digital-speedo would be appreciated.

Last edited by progi; 01-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:40 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by progi
hello everyone,

i really have a unique problem with the TPMS reset.

so, i just got new tires on my 2007 cooper with satnav. as the handbook states, u can reset via the left bc-lever or the satnav interface. unfortunately my satnav (ccc) crashed/died a few years ago.
when i try to do the reset with the bc-lever, the TPMS symbol just does not appear in "SET/INFO" submenue and therefore no "RESET" option is available. so everytime i start&drive the mini, my digital-speedo is now permanently replaced by the red & lonely TPMS symbol in the upper display area of the rpm-meter. this is really annoying.

i went to BOSCH car service and BMW and both connected via the INPA interface but could not reset it from "outside".

any help on turning off/resetting TPMS or bringing back my upper digital-speedo would be appreciated.
When I reset mine, the engine needs to be running, to get the TPMS symbol. Also, the "Reset" option stays there until it's driven a couple blocks --- it won't actually reset until you press the button then drive it.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:19 AM
progi
Neutral
tried off-, ignition on- and engine on- state. nothing.

the question is, is it a bug or really meant to be reseted only from satnav (when installed). isnt satnav only supposed to show you the bc data more nicely arranged with additional one-liner text for alerts.

can the digi-speedo be coded, so it stays permanently in the upper display?

Old 01-21-2017, 08:53 AM
progi
Neutral
guys, it is driving me crazy and iam about to push the car over a cliff down a canyon. i need a solution! pleeeeeeeez

Old 01-21-2017, 11:07 AM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this is not what you want to hear...but on my 2008 MINI Cooper S, I got to the point that I ignored the tire light...especially during the cold winter months.

Usually if the tire pressure is correct and the batteries in the sensors are good, the light will go out after you drive the car for a short distance.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 AM
mini_wisconsin
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts