R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Help!!! Clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 07:02 AM
Jsmith2016
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!! Clutch issue

Ok i have a 2007 r56 S manual with about 113k miles. Yesterday i was driving and noticed a sound,similiar to a chair being drug or chewbacca sound. it lasts about 2-3 seconds as i am leaving 1st gear and sometimes 3 rd gear. Got to work and when i left it was doing it again. The further i got home it would actually make the sound when i was already in gear and give it gas. So i could be in 1st or 3rd and even 5th, as i gave it gas it would make that squelling sound for a second if i accelrated too fast about over 3k rpms. It also seemed the accelration was not smooth and jerky at times like my foot was bouncy on the gas pedal even though it was not.

Now when i got home right before i turned in drive i pushed on clutch and it went to the floor. Still drove, no grinding and still going into gear. I pulled in drive and it smelled like burnt brake fluid.

I checked brake fluid reservoir it was full. Did not see any noticable leaks. The clutch cyclinder by clutch pedal appears fine, no fluid leaks. The cyclinder attached tp tranny also did not have any leaks.

So while in drive i can still shift into all gears even reverse but my clutch has a very short resistance now maybe 6 inches..

Oh and no engine lights or anything like that came on.

Help what happened. Thanks for any advice.