R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 LED suggestions for fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:54 AM
MiniSkoon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED suggestions for fog lights

Looking for some ideas or suggestions. ('12 MCS stock halogen headlights) I purchased some LED parking lights yesterday to replace the stock yellow looking ones. (JDM Astar super bright error free) Examples I saw looked great and will be code free. Should be here tomorrow. Do I have any LED options for the fogs as far as just the bulbs go? I don't want to spend the money on replacing the housing unit. I've found several H8 LED's but a lot of reviews mention they are too bright and the light is probably annoying to on coming traffic. I know I'll need resistors but I don't think that's a big deal. Is there something less bright than what im reading about but still more white than factory? I really don't want to replace the them with whiter halogen bulbs. I've had Sylvania superstars and some PIAA's for headlight replacements in the past and for the $, they didn't last long enough. Reason I'm trying to find LED's. I'm probably SOL with the headlights but it would be nice to find something for the fogs to match the parking light white/ brightness.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:58 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
As far as the headlights, we have the Stealth Auto HID Kits here. The kit is a HID (Xenon) headlight kit and the 6000K (ST-HID-9008-6000) kit is almost white in color. If you go to the link it shows you images of the color differences. Might be a good option for your headlights at least.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-09-2015, 12:40 PM
MiniSkoon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to mess with the headlights for now. If I were to do anything with those, I would just get better halogen bulbs. It's been awhile since I've had any aftermarket bulbs, has the life of them improved at all? I remember the silverstars lasting about 4-6 months and the PIAA's (can't remember the model) lasting about a year. More concerned now about getting my fogs and driving lights to match (while avoiding a halogen fog light bulb.)