R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 My passanger side wiper doesn't work. Recently had work done at the dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Scooby Doo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My passanger side wiper doesn't work. Recently had work done at the dealer.

Hi guys, so I recently took my car to dealer because they fixed the wiring from the ambient air temp sensor to the ECU. Rained today so had to use the wipers but the passengers side wiper didn't work. The motor works fine. For some reason when I flip the wiper out it's all loose and it won't move at all wen it's flipped on the window. I held the wiper in place and it moves how it should but if I let go it'll just fall over again. Do you think the dealer is responsible for doing this? They fixed wiring that was corroded and the wiring for the outside temp sensor happens to be on the passenger side.

edit: What I would like is that if the dealer was responsible to be able to prove it. Could the wiper have been damaged or gotten in the way while they were repairing the sensor.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Typical of my dealer visits, took my Mini into the dealer for a thermostat housing replacement, when I picked up my car it was parked and I noticed that the right front fog light was on even with car off, then my driver side front blinker would not blink. So they asked the tech about it and he said, "oh yeah forgot to tell you about that.

I asked him why he failed to get it in writing on the diagnostic sheet. I told him that he was making up his BS to cover himself and didn't let down on the subject, I told the SA to return my Mini in the same condition it was when I handed it over to him. The techs are supposed to type this kind of thing on paper so you can't make it up later on. They messed up my footwell module, cost them a $1000 dollars!

Sorry for your troubles.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Scooby Doo
1st Gear
That sucks man, there's always something wrong. Luckily, I was able to fix it right now. The screw that holds the wiper in place was too lose, tightened it up and it worked again. I got a little scared that it would be something worse and they would tell me it was a $600 fix. It was definitely their doing though since I had not messed with the wipers and they were working perfectly fine. What really screwed me was the timing chain. It was out of warranty so we paid out of pocket and set us back $2300. I don't understand why we have to pay for their faulty timing chains. I called MINI and tried to get a refund because I kept seeing on the internet that people were getting good will fixes on the timing chain because it was a known problem and was able to get half the money back but honestly that isn't enough considering that shouldn't be a problem when a car has 65,000 miles./endrant

Old 04-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooby Doo
That sucks man, there's always something wrong. Luckily, I was able to fix it right now. The screw that holds the wiper in place was too lose, tightened it up and it worked again. I got a little scared that it would be something worse and they would tell me it was a $600 fix. It was definitely their doing though since I had not messed with the wipers and they were working perfectly fine. What really screwed me was the timing chain. It was out of warranty so we paid out of pocket and set us back $2300. I don't understand why we have to pay for their faulty timing chains. I called MINI and tried to get a refund because I kept seeing on the internet that people were getting good will fixes on the timing chain because it was a known problem and was able to get half the money back but honestly that isn't enough considering that shouldn't be a problem when a car has 65,000 miles./endrant
I know huh, why should we pay for a defective design at all? If Mini can wiggle out of responsibility they will 10 times out of 10 even when everyone knows about the defective design. Why did you pay $2300 when it only cost me $1800? My powertrain warranty has a $200 deductible so I refunded $200. We may never know why some people got it good willed while others didn't.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Scooby Doo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Systemlord
I know huh, why should we pay for a defective design at all? If Mini can wiggle out of responsibility they will 10 times out of 10 even when everyone knows about the defective design. Why did you pay $2300 when it only cost me $1800? My powertrain warranty has a $200 deductible so I refunded $200. We may never know why some people got it good willed while others didn't.
I don't understand at all. I love the cars, and I think I'm a bit of an idiot that I still like these cars despite all these experiences. It kind of gets me a bit that they had the guts to bring out a new car without leaving the previous generation as best as possible. I actually got a 10% for bringing in the car for the first time so I was supposed to pay more than $2300. I had absolutely no choice but to tell them to go ahead but I was so enraged as I gave the ok. I felt like I was getting on my knees and begging. I was actually pretty confident that they would just do the repair. It had like 65,000 miles on it and it's a 2008. There was no reason for the timing chain to go on that car at all. They told me there was a campaign at the to fix them and do a recall. What a load of crap.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:26 AM
Mini_Crazy
3rd Gear
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
(Moved to correct page)

Last edited by Mini_Crazy; 11-16-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Posted wrong page
Old 11-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Mini_Crazy
3rd Gear
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts