R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Ordering a MINI S - Sport Package question...???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
LadyN
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:-) yeah, totally got that. I'm sure it takes more then a sport package to make one of these a track car.

But yes, I'll just be driving through traffic as normal.

So i see (from others too) that '08 will also be a better choice. Which "mouse traps" do you think will be discovered on these new ones?

Also, for anyone who'll answer, will the John cooper works edition be the only model available for the new year? Or will this just be an option alongside the 09 MCS and MC? And if this is a stupid question please don't hesitate to call it out. :-)

Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't get the sports package on the S, because I didn't want the 17" wheels. I did want the DSC and sports suspension though, so I ordered those a la cart.

Conversly I did get the sport suspension on the Cooper because I wanted the 16" wheels, DSC and sport seats. Then the front fogs and rear spoiler got throw in for free.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:17 PM
MeloR56
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyN
:-) yeah, totally got that. I'm sure it takes more then a sport package to make one of these a track car.

But yes, I'll just be driving through traffic as normal.

So i see (from others too) that '08 will also be a better choice. Which "mouse traps" do you think will be discovered on these new ones?

Also, for anyone who'll answer, will the John cooper works edition be the only model available for the new year? Or will this just be an option alongside the 09 MCS and MC? And if this is a stupid question please don't hesitate to call it out. :-)
Looks like the MY2009 is going to be rather 'soft' in model changes (for the Coupe/S/and for anything already called a "2009 MY"... probably a few new colors, engine/traction management software upgradtes, interior changes (meaning colors or 14 cup holders ..kidding) and maybe a engine output increase.. and the MY 2008 melting S scoop will now for MY 2009 catch on fire and impress neighbors; cold start rattle will be eliminated and replaced with exhaust backfiring etc ...just can not take to many things seriously . Looks like the MY 2010 being released in CY2009 will see more substantial changes just to keep things from a marketing perspective interesting. If you think about the fact MINI is selling everything it can manufacture (like my dealer in which 90%+ of everything they get is pre-sold) there is really no need for major changes at this point

Of course just IMHO
Michael

Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
SkinnyMINI
2nd Gear
I just bought a Mini Cooper S with Sports Package and the ride is rough! However, it really makes you feel the road and that you are driving a sports car! You can feel every little bump in the road though.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
SkinnyMINI
2nd Gear
I just bought a Mini Cooper S with Sports Package and the ride is rough! However, it really makes you feel the road and that you are driving a sports car! You can feel every little bump in the road though.

I really like it though because you feel as though you are 1 with the road. Its great for driving on the highway and on local roads...Im not one who's going to race on the track or anything....I like it though. A lot.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
LadyN
1st Gear
cool, thanks for letting me know.
Don't know if i can dig the many bumps though.... :-/