R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 New member, near future owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
MiniNova
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member, near future owner!

Hello everyone!
I have been reading the forum for a few days now and you guys have help me a lot already, so Thanks to all for all of the questions and answers.

A few months back I was so closed to order a Volvo C30, I was just waiting for the 09 to come up so I could save some money for it, w few weeks ago the pricing for Overseas delivery came out and ooouuuch! they crank up the price almost 2k, plus the spending I was going to do in Europe, with the dollar as it is it was going to be to much money.

So I was sad to say goodbye to that nice car................Until I test drove the 08 Mini Cooper S, all of the sudden I was very happy I rejected the C30, I couldn't believe the way the Cooper S handles, you can actually feel the road in your hands, the sports button is just amazing, I had never felt so close to the road since I was like 10 years old driving one of those kids bike or a go-kart, lol,
so after leaving the Mini dealer I walked one block and went to Volvo, took the C30 to the same road as the Mini and WOW, I was so glad I wasn't getting it, actually a Mini passed us by and the Volvo sales person goes: "you can smoke that one any day with this" I just laugh and said "well see about that"..

So now I'm almost ready to send in my order for a Pepper White Cooper S with tons of options, wish me luck guys!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
congrats...

I'm about a week away from my order date!

Old 05-07-2008, 04:56 AM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to NAM. Come join the First Gear crowd to help 'ease' you through the wait. My new baby is on the ocean now on the Carribean Highway. Hoping I get her here by the end of the month.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM
MK8
Neutral
Hi, I have decided to buy a Mini S right after I tried on the car. The experience is just so awesome that i want to take the car home immediately. Anyway, I order a Laser Blue with white roof and expecting my babe to arrive in early June! Waiting is killing me!!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
MiniNova
3rd Gear
Thanks thanks!, I'll be stopping by the 1st gear section.

MK8, how long ago did you order your Mini? I'm ordering today, they told me about 8 weeks for it to get here.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 AM
MK8
Neutral
Originally Posted by MiniNova
Thanks thanks!, I'll be stopping by the 1st gear section.

MK8, how long ago did you order your Mini? I'm ordering today, they told me about 8 weeks for it to get here.

Oh I have been waiting for around 4 weeks already. Guess 3-4 more weeks to go!! Never so expecting June to come. Ha!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've made a very wise decision MiniNova in choosing the MINI over the Volvo.

Once you've driven one of these little guys, there is no going back to other mundane vehicles.

The MINI has a noted effect upon those who fall under its influence.

Symptoms include a desire to keep on driving even after reaching your destination, wanting to drive at all hours of the day, making excuses to go out and drive, and having the biggest smile plastered upon your face while motoring in a MINI!

You may notice other symptoms in addition to the above!

Good luck in the future with your MINI!

Motor On!