R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Today Is The Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 AM
foreverfadesx
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Today Is The Day

Finally after wanting a Mini for years I'm picking mine up today. Sold my old car last night (Honda Accord) so now I'm going to pick up the Copper. I was all set on getting a 2005 but my family convinced me to put the extra money down a buy a new one. I bought a 2008 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S with convince, premium, cold weather, 6 speed, the black mesh checked seats and grey checkered dash. The first thing I need to do are new wheels and tires, tints and some black out. Being only 20 this is my second car and the biggest purchase of my life thus far and it hasn't been the best experience. My MA from Habberstad Mini on Long Island has been less than kind and outright rude at some points. Once the keys are in my hand myself and the manager will have a nice talk. I would have expected with Mini being a kind of lifestyle, niche brand that the people who worked selling them would be passionate but, not my MA. Kind of puts a slight damper on the situation but hey, I'm finally getting a Mini. Now I'm waiting until they open their doors, 1 hour 42 minutes.

(Sorry for the rant)

Pictures to come!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations and great choice in color! Can't wait to see the pics

Old 05-04-2008, 06:29 AM
NashvilleMiniStan
5th Gear
Congratulations, Maybe the GM will throw some extra's suff in for your trouble.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:48 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
Congrats!! Outstanding choice of colors

As far as the rude MA goes, rudeness comes in all walks of life. I've had nothing but good experiences from the two MINI MAs I've dealt with (St. Louis and Kansas City). Perhaps it's a NY thing?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Donna

Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Hubs
4th Gear
Congrats ! and Happy Motoring !

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience purchasing your mini . I almost bought my mini from Habberstad, but only dealt with them from online. They gave me the best price , but ultimately decided price was not everything and paid a little more and stayed in NJ.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 AM
foreverfadesx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tjtull
Congrats!! Outstanding choice of colors

As far as the rude MA goes, rudeness comes in all walks of life. I've had nothing but good experiences from the two MINI MAs I've dealt with (St. Louis and Kansas City). Perhaps it's a NY thing?

Hahaha, for the most part most New Yorkers are kind but, some meet that generic NY stereotype.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
Originally Posted by foreverfadesx
Hahaha, for the most part most New Yorkers are kind but, some meet that generic NY stereotype.
A good buddy of mine is from New York. He makes it clear though that he's from "up state" and not NYC. I hear ya about the stereotype though. The one time I visited NYC, people were friendly enough.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Mozza
5th Gear
Hmmm, interesting that someone would want to make it clear that they're from upstate and not from NYC. Usually it's the other way around.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:25 AM
r56mini
6th Gear
The MA is jealous that a 20 yo is buying a nice car like that. Can you imagine how much emotional stability a Ferrari SA must practice?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with your MA.

Take heart and don't let one person ruin your MINI experience.

WOOT-WOOT! You're getting your MINI today and that is cause for celebration!

BTW, don't forget to post pics!

Congrats foreverfadesx and may you and your MINI share many miles & smiles together!

Enjoy & Motor On!

Last edited by Sabre; 05-04-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 AM
LazyT
3rd Gear
You should bit'-slap that MA punk! And, you should insist on dealing with another MA if you eventually trade this MCS for a new one in the future.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:12 AM
foreverfadesx
2nd Gear
So I go to the dealer and my MA says he can't let me take the car today because he needs the signer there and she's off. He told me yesterday I could come today to pick up the car no problem. So now, I have to wait until tomorrow and pick it up on my way to work rather than having a nice Sunday drive.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:19 AM
peter314
5th Gear
Congrats dude i too will be picking up my Mini too soon, just waiting for the call now. sorry to hear about the rude MA, i delt with a same situation, once they had my money they didnt care, espically considering how i wanted to buy another one i would have expceted better service. Mini of peabody is MUCH better than Herbchambers IMO. but best of luck and enjoy the car, dont let the Ma get you down, he's probly just jelous.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:24 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Funny you should say that, I was just driving locally and had the rudest, slowest, most obnixious Jeep in front of me with NY plates. He sped past me down the right lane to overtake me, but once he was in front of me he slowed down to 35MPH in a 45. What an idiot .

That said, NY drivers are definitely not the worst, the worst drivers are right here in Jersey .

Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 AM
odobo
2nd Gear
I am not sure how seriously miniusa look at the MA survey after each sale.... but if you have a problem w/ that MA.... just give him/her low score on that survey to show your frustration

but hey... a Mini is a Mini is a Mini.... have fun~

Old 05-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
So I go to the dealer and my MA says he can't let me take the car today because he needs the signer there and she's off. He told me yesterday I could come today to pick up the car no problem. So now, I have to wait until tomorrow and pick it up on my way to work rather than having a nice Sunday drive.
I would have threatened to end the deal right there and now! Even if you didn't mean to, just the threat might have given that MA a slight pucker factor...

Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mozza
Hmmm, interesting that someone would want to make it clear that they're from upstate and not from NYC. Usually it's the other way around.
I was in the Air Force and met a lot of people that readily made that statement. Like they didn't want anyone to get the idea they were from the city.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Yes, some people would rather distance themselves from a world centre of culture, art and fashion in order to accentuate their 'americanness', whatever that is. "Hell no, I'm no liberal pansy! I'm from upstate!" No offence meant to your Air Force buddies.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
r56mini
6th Gear
One time I complained about a service rep at a car dealership during the post service survey on the phone and next time I went there he was not working there anymore. I felt somewhat sorry for him. He might have won the lottery and quit but I got the impression that he had been fired.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Corey986
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by r56mini
The MA is jealous that a 20 yo is buying a nice car like that. Can you imagine how much emotional stability a Ferrari SA must practice?
If you only knew the true racket that Ferrari dealerships are you'd understand they aren't emotionally unstable, but laughing all the way to the bank.

They artificially inflate the value of the car, require you to purchase a "used" ferrari from them at a premium with a pre-negociated trade-in for when they actually allow you to purchase a new one. Even George Lucas had to buy a used Ferrari before he was allowed to buy a new one and this was after Empire Strikes Back.,,,

Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 AM
foreverfadesx
2nd Gear
OK, so TODAY is now the day. Should have her in less than 3 hours. GLORIOUS!

Old 05-05-2008, 05:30 AM
geekswrath
5th Gear
Good luck, it's not a nice long Sunday drive but it will probably be the best drive to work you've ever had.

Be honest in the survey, that's really the only recourse we as mini owners have.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:07 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
foreverfadesx I too am not happy to hear about how your MA dealt with you but as others have mentioned be honest with the phone survey from MINIUSA and also when your dealership calls you to rate the MA.Give your MA a 1 (worse) not a 5 (best) and hopefully your MA will be dealt with accordingly.Plus after you have a talk with the manager when you get your Mini see how that goes.

Post some pics of your new Mini Cooper after you pick it up when you can.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:29 AM
gjhsu
5th Gear
Congrats! Sorry to hear about your dealership troubles, however. Definitely spoils part of the fun, but hopefully you'll be able to forget about them in the years to come.

Quick Reply: R56 Today Is The Day