R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Financing with PenFed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
stooken
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jgarner53
OK, clearly I need to call. I got stuck at one point at the end of the online application process (it wanted me to get some kind of protection I didn't want, and there was no way it would select the "no" button, so I hit the "save" button, and for 2 days now the status says "pending." (and if I click "view comments" nothing happens).

Sigh. Maybe tomorrow I can actually get out of work before the East Coast shuts down for the day. Ha. Not likely.
Yeah, give them a call. I got stuck and had n idea what the stupid prompt was asking me to do. It'll take no more than 5 minutes.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jgarner53
OK, clearly I need to call. I got stuck at one point at the end of the online application process (it wanted me to get some kind of protection I didn't want, and there was no way it would select the "no" button, so I hit the "save" button, and for 2 days now the status says "pending." (and if I click "view comments" nothing happens).

Sigh. Maybe tomorrow I can actually get out of work before the East Coast shuts down for the day. Ha. Not likely.
You can email then the question as well.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:56 PM
jntn2002
Neutral
The application process with Pen Fed was painless but like another poster who went to Prestige Mini, make sure you're prepared to wait the ten business days for the check to clear. Apparently, it's company policy and all their customers who use Pen Fed have this waiting period.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 PM
NSX JR
3rd Gear
Thanks for all the advice in this thread. I applied and was approved by PenFed today. Piece of cake.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
stooken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NSX JR
Thanks for all the advice in this thread. I applied and was approved by PenFed today. Piece of cake.
It's ridiculous how easy it is. Makes me wonder how easy it is to commit identity theft with them.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Originally Posted by stooken
It's ridiculous how easy it is. Makes me wonder how easy it is to commit identity theft with them.

Not always that easy. Wasn't for me. I never was denied but never approved. I have excellent credit but I stalled at pending so I ended up going with BMW Financial for not quite a percentage point more. I work in a cash business and it's not always easy to prove what I make even though I claim it. I think it was because I went from part time to full time but I'm not really sure since I never heard from anyone about anything.
I'm glad I didn't go with them, they don't seem to communicate well. At least with me.

The BMW Financing was easy as pie. but i know that's just me.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
stooken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jjp007
Not always that easy. Wasn't for me. I never was denied but never approved. I have excellent credit but I stalled at pending so I ended up going with BMW Financial for not quite a percentage point more. I work in a cash business and it's not always easy to prove what I make even though I claim it. I think it was because I went from part time to full time but I'm not really sure since I never heard from anyone about anything.
I'm glad I didn't go with them, they don't seem to communicate well. At least with me.

The BMW Financing was easy as pie. but i know that's just me.
I don't mean the credit approval. It's the entire process itself. They don't seem to verify anything and I have a check coming in the mail already. I'm probably going to have to sign something they send to me but that's after the fact that the check went out already.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
QkSilvr
1st Gear
If anyone thinks of buying in the Atlanta area & wants 36 months or less, Georgia's Own Credit Union has 3.99%:
http://www.georgiasown.org/loans_veh.html

I know most folks look @ 60+ months, and for that, I've not found better than PenFed. I'm going with a 36-month though & will probably pay it off in 24 months.

Credit Unions ROCK!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 AM
RadishAttack
2nd Gear

Last edited by RadishAttack; 08-14-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
QkSilvr
1st Gear
I have no military affiliation for Navy Federal

Old 08-08-2008, 07:54 AM
DMAC57
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jjp007
Not always that easy. Wasn't for me. I never was denied but never approved.
I was hung up for three days too, so I called and next thing you know an approved status appeared. You may have been approved and just are not aware.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:48 AM
RadishAttack
2nd Gear

Last edited by RadishAttack; 08-14-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 AM
stooken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DMAC57
I was hung up for three days too, so I called and next thing you know an approved status appeared. You may have been approved and just are not aware.
Yeah, he was probably approved but there was something missing on the actual application. They told me I was approved over the phone but for them to proceed with the loan application, I had to give them more information.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
jjp007
4th Gear
Yeah, he was probably approved but there was something missing on the actual application. They told me I was approved over the phone but for them to proceed with the loan application, I had to give them more information.
It said I needed to verify income and I sent in my last two paycheck stubs but it still remained on pending after I called. If they can't at least email me to let me know what's going on after I did what they asked. I was done.
Like I said the communication wasn't the best.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:08 PM
DMAC57
4th Gear
I received my check today and was reading through all the documentation. Anyone catch the penalty if PENFED does not have the Vehicle Title in 30 days? Max interest rate is applied to the loan.

Anyone run into issues trying to get the title to PENFED in the prescribed 30 days?

Old 08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
zonedguy
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jntn2002
The application process with Pen Fed was painless but like another poster who went to Prestige Mini, make sure you're prepared to wait the ten business days for the check to clear. Apparently, it's company policy and all their customers who use Pen Fed have this waiting period.
Actually this is only partially true. I used PenFed and purchased through Prestige MINI with zero problems. When production started, I got my final price from the MA and requested that amount from PenFed. I got a certified check with my name, Prestige MINI and the exact amount I asked for on the check. I walked in and they did the paperwork while my MA went through the car with me and I walked out after signing the back of the check. They didn't even blink at my PenFed check.

Now...what you stated is true if you request an open amount from PenFed in which they will write in the final value. This requires 10 days to clear.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 PM
mslatter
4th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm still waiting on my replacement check. Tomorrow will be a week since they said it'd take 48 hours to reissue. I live about a state (and not one of the big un's) away, so something's wrong. They're getting a call tomorrow.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
stooken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DMAC57
I received my check today and was reading through all the documentation. Anyone catch the penalty if PENFED does not have the Vehicle Title in 30 days? Max interest rate is applied to the loan.

Anyone run into issues trying to get the title to PENFED in the prescribed 30 days?
Yeah, I caught that part. The dealer is supposed to overnight the title over to them so I'll be double checking in.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 AM
mslatter
4th Gear
They said they mailed it yesterday, but now they're saying because I ordered a re-issue over the phone, the new draft doesn't have the internet-only rate of 4.5%, but is the phone rate of 4.9%.

My options were to accept it as is, and they'll note on my account that I should have gotten the rate, and hope that the loan examiner notices. Or I could cancel this draft and wait for yet another re-issue.

I'm doing the former, and I'll follow up to make sure they get it right. I'm tired of waiting.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 AM
stooken
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mslatter
They said they mailed it yesterday, but now they're saying because I ordered a re-issue over the phone, the new draft doesn't have the internet-only rate of 4.5%, but is the phone rate of 4.9%.

My options were to accept it as is, and they'll note on my account that I should have gotten the rate, and hope that the loan examiner notices. Or I could cancel this draft and wait for yet another re-issue.

I'm doing the former, and I'll follow up to make sure they get it right. I'm tired of waiting.
That's pretty dumb. You original application was online so that rate should be applied. All you're asking for is a re-issued check on the SAME application.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:34 PM
mslatter
4th Gear
That's pretty dumb. You original application was online so that rate should be applied. All you're asking for is a re-issued check on the SAME application.
Might not be possible in their computer system to do it like that, or it might just have been an oversight. I'm not sweating it as long as they make it right after the fact.

And I did get my draft today - FedEx'ed, at PenFed's expense. That was good of them.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Dwell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mysticturner
I hold in my hand - The CHECK! As stated earlier, yesterday I applied for the loan with PenFed online. About 2 hours later I was approved. No emails. No phone calls. I had selected the Fedex option. This morning about 9:00, Fedex dropped an envelope on my doorstep (didn't even ring the bell - the dog let me know they were there). No signature required (kinda scary). Inside is 3 pieces of paper - welcome to penfed, the check with attached instructions, and how to get an extended warranty. The check amount and pay to is blank. A spot for me to sign. Spots for the car info (VIN, model etc). Just fill in the dealer name, amount to loan (up to the limit applied for) and send it. They say they'll send loan papers after the check arrives back at the credit union.

I have to admit very fast. Somewhat slick. But this looks like a real opportunity for ID theft. But unless MINI can beat 4.25%, I'm using it. I had no idea that financing thru PenFed would move so fast.

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing this.

They also seem to be lower than all the lenders I've researched. As of today, Penfed was at 4.5%. Bunch of others were at 6.5%.

~dwell

Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 PM
mnimule
3rd Gear
yeah i can vouch for these guys too!!!! Its true very very easy and unpainful process!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
mnimule
3rd Gear
yeah i can vouch for these guys too!!!! Its true very very easy and unpainful process!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Sorry if its been covered (I didn't see it), but does Pen-Fed allow for taxes & insurance? Say if I didn't want to put anything down? Do they allow that? Or do they cap out at a certain amount?

Just keeping options open.

Quick Reply: R56 Financing with PenFed