R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Got the green light, going to order!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM
emtrey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that big a gas mileage difference, same car?

I am getting 27.5 with auto and my friend's with manual R56 "s" cars getting about the same in similar driving environments. My car has a few more miles (1800 vs 1000) than one of the manual cars.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The worst I ever got with the MT was 31.5 (except at the track; 18mpg). It averaged 33.5 with a high of 37.5.
The AT is worth it though. Too much traffic in Atlanta for me to bother with a clutch.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
emtrey
5th Gear
I guess my friend's drive LIKE MANIACS--SO MUCH FOR RESPECTING THE BREAK IN MILEAGE...LOL

Old 08-23-2007, 06:06 AM
The QZ
4th Gear
Ok, I'm going to go order in the next few days, but here's my only problem. I need to sell my car before I take delivery of the mini. I'm going to order, so it will at least be 6 weeks to get that done. The only thing is that it's my only car, so I can't sell it to far before I get the mini. If the mini gets to the dealer before I can sell the car, will they let me wait until I sell the car to take delivery?

I could always trade it in or do carmax, but I will break even or maybe even loose money on my trade.

Anyone with experience with this, please let me know what happened.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Nimcosi
4th Gear
Originally Posted by The QZ
Ok, I'm going to go order in the next few days, but here's my only problem. I need to sell my car before I take delivery of the mini. I'm going to order, so it will at least be 6 weeks to get that done. The only thing is that it's my only car, so I can't sell it to far before I get the mini. If the mini gets to the dealer before I can sell the car, will they let me wait until I sell the car to take delivery?

I could always trade it in or do carmax, but I will break even or maybe even loose money on my trade.

Wow, same situation as me (current car is similar too). Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Nimcosi; 08-23-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Might depend on the dealer, but generally speaking, SURE, they'll hold the car for a while for you.

Of course, here's your REAL dilemma: When you know your brand-spanking new, gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, MINI is so close and ready for you to pilot it across the twisties, you'll take a huge loss on your current car because you'll sell it for $6.98.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:54 AM
The QZ
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Might depend on the dealer, but generally speaking, SURE, they'll hold the car for a while for you.

Of course, here's your REAL dilemma: When you know your brand-spanking new, gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, MINI is so close and ready for you to pilot it across the twisties, you'll take a huge loss on your current car because you'll sell it for $6.98.

I hope I'll have enough restraint to not do that, but you never know.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
The QZ
4th Gear
Ok, I'm freaking out right now. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for one last test drive, and then place an order if everything is still good. I just can't decide on color or interior color lines. I must have been through 4 colors already.

My choices are mellow yellow, chilli red, or laser blue. I'm still leaning toward yellow, but red is nice too. The only thing that would stop me from red is that it is a very popular color. I've seen 3 reds in one day.

I just can't decide. I'm going nuts.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, I'm freaking out right now. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for one last test drive, and then place an order if everything is still good. I just can't decide on color or interior color lines. I must have been through 4 colors already.

My choices are mellow yellow, chilli red, or laser blue. I'm still leaning toward yellow, but red is nice too. The only thing that would stop me from red is that it is a very popular color. I've seen 3 reds in one day.

If you like yellow, go for it.
Red is classic Mini, but it is very popular, but Laser Blue is very popular as well. If you want an uncommon color, there don't seem to be a lot of Pure Silver MINIs, other than mine.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:38 AM
demapples
2nd Gear
I was also torn between different colors so I brought my wife to the dealer to get her opinion. After looking at all the various combinations on the lot we decided on DS/B. It really helped having her there. Since we will be living with this car for the foreseeable future, I am glad we found a color combination that we both enjoy.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
gjhsu
5th Gear
This is the joy of it

Go with the color you see yourself driving. Like yellow? Go for it! BMW/MINI offered me very little for my trade in, so I decided to sell it privately before my car gets here (just sold it yesterday, in fact!), but luckily my mom is gracious enough to let me go back to their place to borrow her Camry until my MINI gets here.

You may consider a rental if you sell yours early.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
The QZ
4th Gear
Just came back from the dealer...was all set to order the yellow, but then I saw a laser blue with white roof and stripes and liked it. So for now, all my paperwork is in, all my ma is waiting for is my color choice. I think I will get my wife's opinion.

The color is the hardest part.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:42 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
I sold a car at CarMax to get MIB. Sadly when my divorce was final we had to sell MIB at CarMax.