R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 New to Me Bond Street Clubman.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Dan Ring
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Me Bond Street Clubman.

Well thanks to this forum I picked up my first Mini, 2013 Clubman S Bond Street Edition, 6 speed Manual and I just want to say why didn’t I get one earlier. This thing is so much fun to drive and once I figure out all the bells and whistles this will be a great car to be my daily driver.

I do have a few questions, mine has the solid gold bonnet stripes and unfortunately the dealership I bought it from had it parked in there parking deck and some substance got on the hood and it stained one of the stripes. Looks fine from about 15 feet away but up close it’s visible. Im still trying to get them to make it right but like any used car purchase my guess is they will say as is and may not help me out. First question is are all Bond Street Editions solid stripes? I have seen some with a gray with gold edge. Second question would you just put new stripes on over the existing stripes? I say that only because it seems like the hood might have had some previous paintwork(though nothing mentioned in a CARFAX) and I think if I pulled up the old stripes the paint might peel.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:50 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome glad you love your new Clubman, I'm on my second as we use it as our shop car.

I would take the car to a vinyl guy and see what they say about the stripes then make a decision on what to do with them.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
The following users liked this post:
Dan Ring (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Dan Ring
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a great idea, it would be cheaper than the oem stripes. I sent the sales manager an email and plan to meet with him on Thursday so who knows they might fix it. Im in Suwanee I will need to check out your shop soon.