R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 03:18 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fog lights

I just purchased a 2011 Clubman S with 69K and every option package including HID lights.
I run my fogs up until I need my headlights on and I like the low to the ground light, though not much light output.

I’m wondering if I should run yellow fog bulbs so others can see me better and for rainy days/nights? Or upgrade to 5000K clear bulbs. I’ve never ran yellow fogs so not sure I’d like them.

I know the HIDs light up the road well. Just thinking about options.

Also, looking to run AMSOIL Euro formula oil. The AMSOIL tech said their oil, while not specifically for a “Clubman”, he said since MINI engines are the same it would be safe to run the Euro oil. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Any Synthetic oil rated for the spec required by BMW/MINI should work okay. I only used MINI’s 5w-30 for my now gone 2012 S, and changed the oil every 5,000 miles, but I get a discount on MINI parts so it wasn’t as painful as retail price.
Congrats on having the Xenon lights, I had make do with plain Halogen on mine...
Try the Yellow Fogs, worst case you put the old bulbs back in if you don’t like them.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:31 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Before I installed the Mini LED DRL fog light, I used a set of those high power plug-n-play LED bulbs. (the ones with the separate control box, like a HID kit) You could REALLY see those coming.