R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Possible to custom order Eclipse Grey on Clubman non-S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:17 AM
mike.cal
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible to custom order Eclipse Grey on Clubman non-S?

Thinking of getting a mini as my first car, and i've been obsessively researching it.

Couple questions though:

1) is it possible to custom order the Eclipse Grey with a non-S clubman? If so, how much would it cost?
2) how does custom-orders work? how long does it take, and does it result in a higher overall purchase price?
3) looking into getting a Clubman (non-S), automatic, with premium and convenience package, and some minor external aesthetic upgrades (no more than 1K worth) - how much should i pay for that car?
4) how come the configurator @ miniusa.com doesn't allow me to add a chrome fuel cap to a non-S clubman? is this is simply a mistake on their part?
5) living in So. Cal, any recommendations on a dealer?
6) there's a thread asking about installing sirius into their 2010 cooper, isn't satellite radio standard?
I'm sure i have more questions, but these are all for now.

thanks

Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1) No, you can only put the colors that are available for that specific model on any MINI. Since Eclipse Grey isn't an non-S color, you can't get it on the non-S clubby.

2) You goto the dealer and tell them what you want. They put it in the system, and depending where you are, what options you have, and how backed up the factory is, you're order will take between 6-8 weeks to arrive at your dealer. No extra cost is charged due to the custom order.

3) The MSRP. Odds of getting less then MSRP on a custom order aren't good. A "good deal" on a MINI is $500-$1000 off of MSRP, on a custom order $500 off is good.

4) No, the chrome fuel cap is one of the S only things, that differentiates it from a non-S, just like center exhaust and bonnet scoop.

5) Can't help you there.

6) It wasn't standard in any MINI until 2011, so it was either install from factory, or retrofit later.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Sounds like you should get the S

Old 10-05-2010, 06:11 AM
mike.cal
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026

4) No, the chrome fuel cap is one of the S only things, that differentiates it from a non-S, just like center exhaust and bonnet scoop.
thanks for the response.

However, isn't the fuel cap available for both regular cooper trims?

Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mike.cal
thanks for the response.

You should be able to buy the chrome fuel cap later and add it yourself.
Personally, I like the body colored one better.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mike.cal
thanks for the response.

Not on the hard top or clubman. The non-s is the 'normal' body colored door. The S is the inset chrome door. Only the convertible has the body colored door on the S and Non-S, due to space limitations.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 PM
mike.cal
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
Not on the hard top or clubman. The non-s is the 'normal' body colored door. The S is the inset chrome door. Only the convertible has the body colored door on the S and Non-S, due to space limitations.
huh? bit confused on this one. not sure we're talking about the same thing. i'm talking about the "Chrome Gas Filler Cap", which is an option on Mini Cooper Hardtop (non-S)

the description says: "Standard on the Mini Cooper S, this eye-popper is now available for the MINI Cooper."

@amberback.

would using this part requires any modifications to how the thing attaches to the car, or is it just a matter of switching one for the other?

i realize it's such a trivial detail, but it seems to be holding me back between Hardtop and Clubman. ( i would really rather spend my money on addons, rather than that S engine, but i really want that fuel cap, hopefully, without much fuss. )