R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Rally Edition Clubman S!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Luv_My_JCW
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lime green accents are absolutely HOT.
please post some pictures of the interior. just curious to see if anything is different.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM
carman63
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Atom - do you still have that basket? I've been pondering one, thinking about tossing a full-size spare in it Would give the car a nice rally look!

BTW I've been thinking about panting my mirror caps lime green - I like the look!

-Jim

Old 06-09-2010, 12:03 PM
RTCH
2nd Gear
I have never seen a car I liked lime green on, but here it is in the perfect amount , to just give a dab of color to the car. I think if the mirror caps were black it would go from super unique and eye catching to typical blacked out clubman. I say add tints and motor on

Old 06-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Xeraux
4th Gear
I love the look of the "Rallye Edition", in fact, I wanted to buy Roadshow's.

But... The lack of a sunroof was a deal breaker.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
wow, thats awesome.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Atom
1st Gear
Carman63: I still have the luggage rack, pm coming your way.

As far as the lime green mirror caps go, they are pretty cool. We are going to put the black ones on, since we already bought them. Our original idea was to black out the car, it is named Grimly Fiendish after all (musical reference anyone). If we find ourselves missing the green then we will simply go back to it. I don't care if some people think it will be just a typical blacked out clubman because if it makes us happy then we will do it. We aren't trying to win any cool contests. Just motoring with our Mini the way we want to.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Atom
1st Gear
Oh! Interior wise the car is pretty much the same as anyone can get. piano black with black leatherette seats with grey accents. Cooper S rubber floor mats. We added a Mini Garmin Nuvi which to my surprise is not the stock silver color as all the Garmins I have seen. It is black and says MINI on it instead of Garmin, does anyone else have one like this? I like the Garmin much better than the Nav in the '06 with the '06 maps, heh. We had the dealer install the mount for it on the left side of the tach. We debated for a minute about the sun roof but realized that once inside you seemingly have way more headroom. I'm 6'3" so more head room is always good. We hope to do some interior modification as well. Black out some of the silver rings around things and hopefully find a way to make the buttons and ***** around the radio and ac controls black. Did I mention we have a tendency toward making this Clubman a tiny little black hearse? Damn we are spooky.

Last edited by Atom; 06-09-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Mike M
2nd Gear
Gorgeous car...but I would argue that the bright green mirror caps somehow fit the "Grimly Fiendish" name quite well!! (Nice reference to The Damned, btw...one of my all time favorite punk groups!)

Old 06-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Atom
1st Gear
Update: Got the black mirror caps today. Had the dealer put them on while I was there. They look good, but my wife and I aren't sold on them yet. Since we bought them from the dealer and paid a bit more than we would have liked we might as well hang on to them both. We will put the green ones on when we are going to a Mini rally with friends. We are going to keep the black on while we have Lyle from Vinyl Styles black our chrome (happening in a few weeks). We also installed the Outmotoring stubby antenna and the license plate holder they sell. It works rather well.

Someone asked what the color code was for the green caps and I asked at the dealer, turns out they don't know. They didn't have it anywhere on hand as it's not a body color so it wasn't in their book. They are looking into it for me though. I'll update if they ever actually get back to me.

Here are some fresh photos from this afternoon.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
Great looking ride... Green side scuttles look lonely though..

Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the car much better with the lime green mirror caps. I would have left them on too.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 AM
Atom
1st Gear
I think once we see the bigger picture of everything blacked out the black may look more at home. But it's not like I can't switch back and forth from Stealth mode to Rally mode whenever I like!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:52 AM
gbx
2nd Gear
I just think the Rally is a Great looking clubman !!!!
Black looks good ,But Green lets us know its something Special

GO GREEN !!!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Atom
1st Gear
Green paint code info! It doesn't exist! I got word from Prestige that the green color for the mirror caps on a rally are not painted. They are colored plastic. there for no paint code exists! I will be getting something custom green from Lyle this weekend and will ask him what color he is using exactly. Hope this helps anyone looking for the color.

I put smoked lens covers on my lights this past weekend. Update with pics later this week as well.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM
SunnySkies
3rd Gear
Hot tamales! That is one wicked looking Clubman (Totally loved the "Grimly Fiendish" reference!). The lime green mirror caps have inspired me to use a small bright green stripe in my design when I get mine! Very sleek, I agree ya gotta go with what you and the wifey likes, but I hope to see the Green ones back on soon! Hey! Sometimes ya wear the Doc Martens, sometimes the Spats! All depends on the mood. However, no matter what, it'll be a fantastic car around Halloween! Cue in the synth harpsichord.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Atom
1st Gear
Officially de-chromed! Lyle from Vinyl Styles came to Connecticut this past weekend and worked on a bunch of peoples Minis. Here is the result on Grimly Fiendish. He blacked out the front and rear door handles, belt line, headlight rings, side scuttles, smoked side turn signal lights, custom black Mini badge on hood, and de-badged rear doors with custom green S. I put the tint on the front and rear lights myself but could have done a better job (I'm just being ****). I'm loving the all black look! It's been a real head turner. I got a few nods from VW drivers on the highway heading home from getting the blackout!

Here are some photos!

I'm having some Green thoughts. Perhaps have a custom hood badge with the MINI writing and circle in lime green? Or maybe some green pin striping on the bonnet and boot stripes? Probably going to put the Green mirror caps back on, but only for longer trips or rallys. I'll keep it in stealth mode when I'm just poking about town. I've been toying with interior mods as well, maybe a few green accents here and there. Overall I am very happy with the way my car looks. It's time to think about a few performance based mods. First thing is a Strut brace and probably an oil catch can.

What do you think???

Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Mike M
2nd Gear
I think you have me wanting one!

Seriously, though, it looks amazing. I'm glad to see that you'll be using the green mirror caps at least occasionally, as I still think that's the one thing I'd change back.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:53 PM
timfitz63
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In case anyone is interested: I was in MINI of Pittsburgh today to get my JCW Clubman serviced, and they had one of these Rally Edition Clubman S vehicles in the new-car showroom. Man, these things look like Darth Vader's very own MINI (Hmmm... Darth MINI...?) -- except for the lime green accents! Nevertheless, very striking cars!

I casually asked what they wanted for it, and the salesman casually told me "About $32k." But I'm really not interested in giving up my JCW Clubman, so I pass on the information to anyone who might be looking for one of these Rally Editions.

Be sure to get them to do a better job of cleaning the bonnet strips before you purchase, though... It's got some water spots or oxidation or something going on there...

Old 07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
t6061
1st Gear
What about silver mirror caps?

Car looks killer with the lime green caps but if you want to tone it down for daily driving have you considered silver mirror caps? I think it might set off the viper stripes nicely without drawing undue attention from the locals. I would probably add the silver viper stripes to the roof to complete the look.

Enjoy your ride!

Tim

Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
FWIW, Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay has one, too. They've also got a Laurel Edition Clubman and a Hardy Edition Clubman. Get it? Laurel and Hardy. No, I'm not joking... They really have one.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice! Here's your twin! I picked up my Clubman S a few days ago and spec'd it similar to the Rally edition. I actually had the configuration long before MINI announced the Rally edition, but it took me some time to actually buy it, lol. I didn't want the permanent roof rails or stripes or green mirror caps, lol. Anyone that want's a Rally Edition...you can build it to suit without worrying about availability!

Old 10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
AngryBrit
1st Gear
Just saw one of these at the Alexandria VA dealer last week. The wife told me I could have it, but I ordered a 2011 S instead.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Looks great. Id say some wheels and your set.

Needs something more aggressive to go with the JCW kit...like some OZ ultraleggera's or the like

Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Atom
1st Gear
Might consider getting some new wheels after the winter is over. Still need to find a place to anodize the silver parts of my roof rack black too. Any recommendations for the NY, CT, MA areas?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:23 AM
CoopersGuy
2nd Gear
Looks good but I liked the green mirror caps.

Quick Reply: R55 Rally Edition Clubman S!