R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 The Official Pepper White Clubman Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 AM
ebh
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
ebh great pictures. I don't know if I can make it these next 2 to 3 weeks. Salt n' Pepa set sail on 10/10 so there is not even any updates for me to track while we wait for the ship to arive on 10/22. I wish I had seen the Tuscan Beige in real life before we ordered. The web site made it look strange but man it looks great with Pepper White.
Yours isn't on a WW ship? I know Barley and I enjoyed watching the dot move slowly across the ocean, dodging hurricanes left and right as our MINIs made their way. But you are in Atlanta so your car's journey across the pond is short! At least compared to those of us out west.

I saw the Tuscan Beige on a few other cars here on NAM (especially Lady Godiva's HC Clubbie and someone else had it on a BRG which looked awesome--if BRG was a matte paint or at least not so black looking in certain light I might have gone with that combo) and really liked the way it looked. Choosing all the colors was the hardest part about ordering the car but thanks to everyone's pics on NAM I was able to figure out what I wanted.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ebh
Yours isn't on a WW ship? I know Barley and I enjoyed watching the dot move slowly across the ocean, dodging hurricanes left and right as our MINIs made their way. But you are in Atlanta so your car's journey across the pond is short! At least compared to those of us out west.
Yes were are on Tombarra which a Wilhelmsen ship (the second W in WW) but the site www.sailwx.info shows the last position hit for it on 9-8-08 . Is there a different site I should be checking?

Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
Yes were are on Tombarra which a Wilhelmsen ship (the second W in WW) but the site www.sailwx.info shows the last position hit for it on 9-8-08 . Is there a different site I should be checking?
Our ship just arrived this weekend to the west coast and we discovered the shipping company does not post the location of the ships any longer as they go from the UK to the US because of safety/911 issues. So, you can call the shipping company directly and ask if your ship is on track!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 AM
CharlieH
Neutral
Hello from Louisville!
My PW Clubman S is somewhere on the Atlantic! KLine "Caribbean Highway", no tracking! Should get to Charleston on Oct. 23rd!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
On our way to Vegas to pick up our PW today!!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 PM
sbaker
3rd Gear
May I join the Pepper White Clubman Owners Club, please?

Last Saturday, while at a local MINI club event, my darling husband surprised me with a pw/pw/b Clubman. (Did I tell you that my husband is the most wonderful man in the world?!!! ) Since DH had to go out of town for several days and the paperwork wasn't done I didn't actually get my Clubby until today. This afternoon we traded in Blue Belle (my 07 Oxy Blue Cooper) and brought home Casper.

Casper's specs:

09 Cooper Clubman
PW/PW/Black
Black stripes
Checkered side scuttles
Leatherette sport seats
Automatic
MFSW
Premium package
Cold Weather package
Hifi stereo
Ipod/Bluetooth
Front and rear fogs

Casper

Blue Belle and Casper together

Old 10-18-2008, 04:53 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
MBX5 - rasputinj and I just picked up our PW yesterday in Vegas (drove it home to LA today and gave it its first bath)! May we please have our wings?! We're numbers 50 and 51?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
ebh
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
MBX5 - rasputinj and I just picked up our PW yesterday in Vegas (drove it home to LA today and gave it its first bath)! May we please have our wings?! We're numbers 50 and 51?
yay welcome back! looks great!! When do the stripes go on?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:41 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
We're getting the stripes locally (in California)...probably within the next 2 weeks. Schedules didn't work out in Vegas, so doing it locally!

Just moved the microphone from the passenger side to the driver side.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Gregg
1st Gear
Went on our first road trip with twisties! This was a real hoot. The clubman handles so easy in tight mountain roads. It is by far the easiest car to handle I have ever owned.
We went to Little River Canyon near Fort Payne. Put on about 450 miles yesterday! Can't wait for next weekend. Will add some pics to gallery, shows the area and the new window tint.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gregg
Went on our first road trip with twisties! This was a real hoot. The clubman handles so easy in tight mountain roads. It is by far the easiest car to handle I have ever owned.
We went to Little River Canyon near Fort Payne. Put on about 450 miles yesterday! Can't wait for next weekend. Will add some pics to gallery, shows the area and the new window tint.
I am hoping we will go through our first twisties in the canyons around Malibu today.....

Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 AM
ebh
2nd Gear
We're getting the stripes locally (in California)...probably within the next 2 weeks. Schedules didn't work out in Vegas, so doing it locally!

Just moved the microphone from the passenger side to the driver side.
cool. So i assume that wasn't hard to do? I need to do the same. Hope you are out motoring

Old 10-23-2008, 12:36 PM
robbiecarman
1st Gear
Hi All.

This week I ordered my PW Clubman! I'm so excited I can't even put in words. This car compared to the '04 Chili Red Coupe we had is night in day. Driving this car feels incredible.

Anyway i would love to join this club! I might have jumped the gun a bit by adding the sig pic, but I couldn't help my self.

So is the deal once you get delivery of the car you get your wings?

Robbie

Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by robbiecarman
Hi All.

This week I ordered my PW Clubman! I'm so excited I can't even put in words. This car compared to the '04 Chili Red Coupe we had is night in day. Driving this car feels incredible.

Anyway i would love to join this club! I might have jumped the gun a bit by adding the sig pic, but I couldn't help my self.

So is the deal once you get delivery of the car you get your wings?

Robbie
Congrats! Yes, once you get your PW, you get your wings! I hope your wait isn't too long!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
ebh - The Sunday motoring was a blast through Kanan onto PCH. SUPER fun.

Had the stripes applied yesterday and the application was HORRIBLE. So, having them removed today. I think the new guy put them on. Check out this picture...and how off-center it is!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Hey guys, does anyone have a picture (or can tell where to find one) of a PW MINI tht has the racing stripe? I believ that's the correct name - basically the sport stripe with the additional outer stripe. I'm thinking about having my sport stripes removed and painted on and I'm thinking about changing it up a little. Thanks!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear

I have this picture...but I would not recommend getting them painted on. Not sure what others think.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joep
Hey guys, does anyone have a picture (or can tell where to find one) of a PW MINI tht has the racing stripe? I believ that's the correct name - basically the sport stripe with the additional outer stripe. I'm thinking about having my sport stripes removed and painted on and I'm thinking about changing it up a little. Thanks!!!
I found this thread awhile back, it has lots of different stripes. Not sure if it has what you are looking for, Joe, but you might want to check it out.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...71#post1200771

Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Joep
6th Gear

I have this picture...but I would not recommend getting them painted on. Not sure what others think.
Thanks! HT, why not? What's your reasoning. Inquiring minds (that's a stretch!) would like to know!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Joep
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
I found this thread awhile back, it has lots of different stripes. Not sure if it has what you are looking for, Joe, but you might want to check it out.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...71#post1200771
Lady G... Way too cool! Thanks a bunch. I'm going to check it out all of the pics when I get home. I can't do that here. BUT thanks!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Yes - thanks for the stripes thread, Lady G.!!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
ebh
2nd Gear
ebh - The Sunday motoring was a blast through Kanan onto PCH. SUPER fun.

Had the stripes applied yesterday and the application was HORRIBLE. So, having them removed today. I think the new guy put them on. Check out this picture...and how off-center it is!
those stripes are going to be SWEET once you get them to put it on straight. very nice!

Great idea with the Kanan to PCH ride. I should take my wife out to the outlets in Camarillo then torture her with a spin back down to PCH on that route.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Thanks ebh. I have gotten nice comments on them (I picked them out). I think we were so traumatized by the crappy install that we're going to wait to have them put on again. We'll just go with a 'plain' PW for now. We are getting custom plates, though "HT Clbmn" = hot clubman and a checkered rearview mirror, probably a PW gas cap (like Mini Fireman has) and maybe different side mirrors.

Driving the canyons and PCH on a beautiful day was soooo nice. I highly recommend it.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 AM
CharlieH
Neutral
Althea got off the ship in Charleston, SC yesterday! With any luck, she will make it to Cincinnati by next weekend?????? Probably a long shot. What do you guys think? How long does it generally take at the VDC?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:49 AM
edjd
2nd Gear
my guess...

from Charleston to Central Texas, it's about 10 days (to get to dealer) once the cars gets to the VDC, since your technically 'closer', I don't see why you can't be between a 6-9 day window... just a guess of course..

YOUR MA can be more specific of course..

Quick Reply: R55 The Official Pepper White Clubman Owners Club