R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 British Racing Green Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's one that is close to that in our town - the BRG/Silver and with roof rails and it looks great! Mirror caps are easy enough for to switch out if you don't like silver. Honestly I can't remember if the one in our town has silver or chrome..but it's a nice looking combination. The interior is just fine unless you want to spring for Tuscan leather, the normal interior is perfectly nice.

Really all the little extras with regard to piano black or fluid silver, etc., are not big issues. If they have this MCC on the lot, you're lucky! Often the dealerships get cars that are extremely "loaded" and thus the price is very high. Sometimes people order very "loaded" cars and then back out of the deal, too. To each his or her own, but often less is more.

Can't speak to Premium package as I have is Cold Weather (which I love), Bluetooth/iPod (and you have to have MFSW for this, so I am assuming your BRG MCC has it, too) which is nice but I could easily have done w/o it, xenons and rear fog, oh and factory roof rails which were a necessity for me... Don't have the arm rest but that's not a biggie either...if you don't like it you can remove it.

Go for the one you like and count yourself lucky not to have to order!!

Meanwhile check out this post: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...7-post152.html found in this thread, and look at the photo that was posted, then check out the poster's gallery for more shots.

Last edited by Otra; 08-19-2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: found photos
Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Clubmaste00
3rd Gear
My BRG Clubbie - "Paddy"

Greetings all.

Picked up my BRG Clubbie S (aka Paddy) a few weeks ago - 2,200 on the clock and have been having more fun then is legal. Only problem to date is getting it away from the wife.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Hubba Hubba!

Interior pics, we want interior pics!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:16 AM
rmse46
1st Gear
new BRG/Silver

Thanks for your insights as I made the decision to go with the BRG/Silver Clubman S Automatic. I signed the papers yesterday and hope to get my new MINI on Monday. Look forward to learning from you all.

Btw, there are dealer who will negotiate but you might have to travel. I live in the greater Boston area and both Boston and Peabody were not open to discounting. I had better success at Inskip in RI and purchased at New Country in Hartford. I negotiated the same deal at both dealerships but Hartford had the BRG.

Attached Thumbnails British Racing Green Owner's Club-img00058-20090821-1334.jpg   British Racing Green Owner's Club-img00059-20090821-1334.jpg   British Racing Green Owner's Club-img00060-20090821-1334.jpg  
Old 08-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
I've seen your car in person, RMSE! If you see any fingerprints on it, they are probably mine.
New Country is where I purchased my BRG, too. Wish MINE was going to be there Monday.

Cool dealership, for sure. Enjoy your new clubman!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 AM
rmse46
1st Gear
new BRG/Silver

I was wondering whose fingerprints were all over my new car. It was a little nerve racking as I made the deal over the phone. I was unsure how my wife and daughter were going to feel about the car. My wife loved it and wants one for herself. My daughter loved the car but hated the color. She preferred the Chili Pepper Red. Not really my style.

So far many of my friends have mentioned the the MINI is the perfect car for me. I am coming out of X3 and have had several 3 Series. I suspect dealing with MINI Financial Services will be as good as BMW Financial Services. Since I use my car for business, I have traditionally leased my vehicles but have purchased a couple at end of lease, so I look at leasing as another form of financing. If anyone needs any leasing info, don't hesitate to ask, I have this down as a science especially with the almost secret multiple security deposit program.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Terry F.
3rd Gear
It's great to see the BRG thread get some action. It seems to be a less-popular color although I don't know why...

Best,
Terry

Old 08-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Terry F.
It's great to see the BRG thread get some action. It seems to be a less-popular color although I don't know why...
You mean they come in other colors too?!!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 AM
rmse46
1st Gear
Picked up my Clubman yesterday

The dealer demo rides just do not do this car justice. What a blast to drive. My 90 minute drive home from the dealer just flew by.

Still trying to figure out all of the idiosyncrasies but I got the IPOD intergration working. Very cool feature.

Life is good....ran into another Clubman owners at Dunkin Donuts this morning. She told me she gets questions all the time about her car where every she goes.
Rick
Westborough, MA

Old 08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Cool update, Rick! I pick mine up from New Country this Thursday night. You didn't leave any fingerprints on mine while you were there, by any chance, did you?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 PM
rmse46
1st Gear
your Mini

Good luck with your delivery at New Country. Who is your MA. Scott handled my delivery. He did an incredible job. He spent about an hour with me going over every detail.

The dealership earned its high ratings I will give it when I get survey. Tell me the details about your car?

Anyone going to the Vintage Event at Lime Rock. I am hoping I can get away and spend the day on Monday. I am told it is a great event. Lots of Mini's.
Rick

Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rmse46
Who is your MA.
Tell me the details about your car?
Anyone going to the Vintage Event at Lime Rock.
Jim, he's a hoot!
Justaclubman, automatic, BRG/BlackRoof/Tan Leather/Piano Black trim/Premium Package/10 speaker audio... and frikkin' checkered flag mirror caps, bro. Despite Jim's attempts to turn me into a limey.

Thanks for the Lime Rock info!

Old 08-29-2009, 02:36 PM
SirSweeney
1st Gear
After waiting 40 years

We're getting it Monday! My wife Michelle and I started shopping for a Clubman about a week ago. We are both keeping our other vehicles; her Honda Accord and my Nissan Frontier pickup. Originally, we both agreed that BRG was the only color for this car but when we talked to the first dealer he said that he would have a red and silver one coming in in a couple days so we thought red might work. I test drove that one on Tuesday and loved it, it had stick and the winter package. Michelle was away on business and when she got back on Wednesday she went right to the dealer, test drove it, tried to negotiate a deal got nowhere and hated it. I thought we were dead in the water but.................... on Thursday she went to another dealer and negotiated a great deal on a BRG Clubman with winter package, automatic, sunroof and a couple little things thrown in for not much more than the red one. We are picking it up Monday after work!

So, the other night I remembered the summer before I started college. I found a great commuter car; a Morris Minor Panel Truck. I thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw. All my friends thought differently and talked me out of it. I got a regular car and forgot about it, but now I'm remembering it and finally making up for that mistake.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:28 AM
driveblind
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Terry F.

Best,
Terry
We briefly considered Hot Chocolate when we ordered our Clubman, but I think we were just wowed by the then-brand-new color. I can't imagine driving a Mini in any other color, although I guess I'd be happy to try!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rmse46
Anyone going to the Vintage Event at Lime Rock. I am hoping I can get away and spend the day on Monday. I am told it is a great event. Lots of Mini's.
Rick
Rick, I freed up that Monday (9/7) so that my wife and I can go there in her new BRG clubman. Are you still planning on going?

---Fig

Old 08-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Terry F.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by driveblind
We briefly considered Hot Chocolate when we ordered our Clubman, but I think we were just wowed by the then-brand-new color. I can't imagine driving a Mini in any other color, although I guess I'd be happy to try!
Wife and I had the same problem, I wanted that HC interior and she wanted BRG on the exterior. We got lucky and found a way to get both.

I love the BRG and am considering painting the roof white and the rear black bits green. BRG + white looks so good on the regular MC.

Terry

Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Is there a white roof "decal" that would make this easier?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Terry F.
3rd Gear
Dunno' about any decals. Paint seems like an easy solution to me. Who knows when I'll get around to having it done, been thinking about it for a year, now. )

Terry

Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 PM
SirSweeney
1st Gear
Well, here it is. I got home from the dealer about an hour ago. The ride home was a blast; I took the windy way! Loved the sunroof. I really didn't want it but it is great and really quiet. We're taking it from Long Island to Woodstock, the town not the festival, this weekend. It will be a nice ride up the Taconic Parkway!

Attached Thumbnails British Racing Green Owner's Club-p1020285.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Congratulations on your new beauty! The more I see the BRG/Silver in real life the more I've come to realize what a super color combination it is!

The Taconic will be a great ride for sure. When you're not driving please do take some more photos and be sure to add at least one to the Flickr Clubman Pool, too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/mini_clubman/

Old 08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
rmse46
1st Gear
BRG/Silver

I love the BRG/Silver combination but I am biased

Attached Thumbnails British Racing Green Owner's Club-img00098-20090831-1914.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
taysan
2nd Gear
Just joined the forum - I'm getting my 2008 BRG Clubman in a couple of weeks from the current owner.

We're in Toronto - looking forward to bumping into other Clubman owners up here. Not a lot of them around in Canada yet. Current owner tells me this was the first BRG Clubman delivered in Canada.

BRG with silver roof and bonnet stripes
Tuscan Beige interior with Gravity Leather
Piano Black interior trim
17" Crown Spoke rims
Comfort packaga
Convenience package
Sport package
Electric front window defroster
Media Connect

...and I think that's most of it. More bells and whistles than I can count. Got lucky on the purchase. Wife and I were out test driving cars on our 15th anniversary, including a new Clubman S. That afternoon a private seller put this one up on Kijiji, two blocks from our house. Only 9,000KM (under 6,000 miles) on the clock.

Got a very nice deal on the car and fell in love with the BRG/leather interior the moment we saw it.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Figfuggo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SirSweeney
It will be a nice ride up the Taconic Parkway!
The Taconic is God-like, I can't wait to drive our Mini there!

Old 09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
taysan, really nice Clubbie! I have a special fondness for the Tuscan interior.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:21 PM
SirSweeney
1st Gear
I have a couple of nicer pics I'd like to post. How do you post full size pics? I used the paper clip to attach but only posted the thumbnail.

Quick Reply: R55 British Racing Green Owner's Club