R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 Need help deciding between two cars...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:22 PM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Matt, we can match that paint Tints, arches, carbon fiber, ...go for it

Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
I was wondering about heated seats... Obviously he didn't get them living in SOCAL, but I LOVED them and so did Kara... I'll have to check on that.

And CHKMINI... I really was thinking of CF mirror caps and maybe a rear boot handle, but we were just about to put that black one you gave us on the orange one and didn't get around to it before we left (luckily) and I was thinking that it would look fabulous on the PH rear.

Can you REALLY match that color paint?? Because, you know, the Areo front fender is really, really awesome... And as far as I know, they never offered the interior trim in body-color purple, only in gray or silver according to what I've read, so I'd love to do the interior bits in the proper color if possible. Not that the gray doesn't look cool, but I think purple would be BETTER. Could you do that???

Last edited by ImagoX; 10-26-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:56 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eVal
Another vote for the black eyed purple car, it sounds like it is a plum

Only thing I'd look into is add on seat heaters, something I consider a must
Originally Posted by bamatt
I think you will really like the PH. It is a really cool color that seems to change hue from different angles. I wonder if you could add heated seats really easily (if you want them)? Aren't all the seats prewired for heat from the factory?

YAY congrats on Dawn. You have many fun motoring miles ahead!!
Wow...what a great thread! Matt, Dawn is a beautiful MINI! I think if anyone could retrofit heated seats, it's you! Where is Dawn located? Very happy and excited for you!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Dawn's in Los Angeles (San Juan Capistrano, technically), almost 2,000 miles from where I'm typing this...

Old 10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
2phun
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ImagoX
Dawn's in Los Angeles (San Juan Capistrano, technically), almost 2,000 miles from where I'm typing this...
So if you ever plan to travel west, travel my way. Take the highway. That's the best. Get your kicks on Route 66.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 PM
2phun
4th Gear
I was wondering about heated seats... Obviously he didn't get them living in SOCAL, but I LOVED them and so did Kara... I'll have to check on that.
Keep me posted on anything you find out on this. I'd love to retrofit a set of these in mine, but don't want to pay the huge sticker to have the dealer do it. The one thing I truly wish I had gotten on my car that I didn't get.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:02 AM
PuppetMaster2u
4th Gear
Congratulations Matt and Kara on the new find!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Purple Haze is an incredible color. My dear wife LOVES her PH Cooper. I can't want to see what you will do with this one!

I think Nano was so incredibly special that his color and meatball number should be retired but kept alive in the NAM hall of fame.

Our Purple People Eater looks great and we really like how well chrome accents really make the purple look fantastic. Maybe you should consider a bright chrome design approach? Silver colored stripes might look great even without the silver roof. . . I can't imagine that carbon fiber accents will have enough contrast against the silver to really look their best.

Here's a pic of PPE to show how purple, silver, and chrome go together so nicely.

Last edited by Yucca Patrol; 10-27-2007 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:01 AM
CHKMINI
6th Gear

And CHKMINI... I really was thinking of CF mirror caps and maybe a rear boot handle, but we were just about to put that black one you gave us on the orange one and didn't get around to it before we left (luckily) and I was thinking that it would look fabulous on the PH rear.

Can you REALLY match that color paint?? Because, you know, the Areo front fender is really, really awesome... And as far as I know, they never offered the interior trim in body-color purple, only in gray or silver according to what I've read, so I'd love to do the interior bits in the proper color if possible. Not that the gray doesn't look cool, but I think purple would be BETTER. Could you do that???
oh yea "purple haze is in my brain......I can't see the same" (as he does a Jimi Hendrix guitar rif)

Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 AM
minianni
2nd Gear
Congrats on the new member of the family. Some things are just meant to be. And this was one.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
oldtrojan66
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't read all the replies, but here's my .02 You can't really replace a wonderful car (wife/dog/rifle/job/_______) you once had. If you buy the HO car thinking it will be like Nano then you will find any/everything that's different. My advice would be go with the PH and enjoy the added miles and the comfort that you're giving the car a good home it was deprived of earlier through tragic circumstances! There, thats my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:38 AM
oldtrojan66
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guess I should have read all the posts. Sorry! So glad you made this choice. There's wonder in this story and bless you every time you tell it!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
CooperGear
Banned
And as far as I know, they never offered the interior trim in body-color purple, only in gray or silver according to what I've read, so I'd love to do the interior bits in the proper color if possible. Not that the gray doesn't look cool, but I think purple would be BETTER. Could you do that???
Yes, it could be done.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Cool! - wonderful story and what a great road trip you have ahead

I'm sure you, if any one, will find a way to retrofit the heated seats - probably with colored led indicators for the temp setting :D

Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow. That's one beautiful MCSC! I'm sure you'll enjoy the drive back home. It's probably as close to a 'brand new' 2005 that you'll find these days. That was an awesome find!

I'd love to retrofit heated seats in my MCS. I bought mine used from California, and I found that most of the cars there didn't have the cold weather package. Keep us posted if you figure out how to retrofit it!

Old 10-27-2007, 04:14 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
I think you will really like the PH. It is a really cool color that seems to change hue from different angles. I wonder if you could add heated seats really easily (if you want them)? Aren't all the seats prewired for heat from the factory?

YAY congrats on Dawn. You have many fun motoring miles ahead!!
The pictures of the PH look like there are heated seat buttons between the seats.

Michael

Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Kamofrogg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pyrrhusmj
The pictures of the PH look like there are heated seat buttons between the seats.

Michael
I talked to the owner, and he said he was wrong about the leather seats, they are leatherette, but it does have the cold weather package. Yeah baby! So you're right about the buttons. That makes me so damn happy.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pyrrhusmj

Michael
Yep, sure does ! Maybe they never used them out there in CA and forgot they had them.

That IS a nice looking MINI... can't wait to see what you do with it, Matt !

Old 10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kamofrogg
I talked to the owner, and he said he was wrong about the leather seats, they are leatherette, but it does have the cold weather package. Yeah baby! So you're right about the buttons. That makes me so damn happy.
I know many love their leather but if I could only pick leather "or" heated seats... heated seats would win out in my book plus I like the leatherette to begin with

Old 10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
motormini04
1st Gear
Beautiful car.. Good choice.. Beautiful story.. Good luck with it!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:03 PM
eVal
6th Gear
I know many love their leather but if I could only pick leather "or" heated seats... heated seats would win out in my book plus I like the leatherette to begin with
There is a big price difference though...

Glad to hear you got the heated seats, to me a must in any car and esp a 'vert

Last edited by eVal; 10-27-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:06 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
I was so juiced when I heard he sprang for the COld Weather package... The car literally has EVERYTHING our old car had except the exterior chromeline trim (which I was thinking of DEchroming anyway) and the panther leather seats, which WERE nice... I don't think I'll even notice the lack, though...

Here's another weird coincidence for you... The seller listed the car for sale on his wife's birthday, October 20th. It was the second anniversary of the day he bought it for her as a 40th b-day gift. She died 8 months ago, and he was waffling on whether or not to get rid of it, and finally decided to list it for sale on what would have been her 42nd birthday.

Consequently, the 20th was the last day that we were able to drive Nano on the Cherohala Skyway, and was the date when we took the very last shots of Nano, at sunset, on the ridge overlooking the valley:

Sunday morning, the listing went live just about the time that we flipped the car on Rt. 129. Somehow, people managed to not notice the listing, and I was the first phone call he received on the car on Thursday. Right after I called, he got a slew of other calls, but knew that I was very interested and was just waitig on the insurance to go forward...

Eerie...

Old 10-27-2007, 06:35 PM
B.A.D.
5th Gear
That is eerie. I also just realized that based on your description of what happened, the accident occurred shortly after sunrise or "dawn".

Old 10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
A great story, and I look forward to seeing what you do with Dawn.

Purple Haze cabrios must be among the rarest combinations. Even with the large number of MINIs here in San Francisco, I don't think I've seen one (and only a few PH hardtops). However, Hot Orange is fairly popular -- even Zipcar here rents HO cabrios.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by B.A.D.
That is eerie. I also just realized that based on your description of what happened, the accident occurred shortly after sunrise or "dawn".
That's actually 100% true. Weird... very, very weird.

Quick Reply: R52 Need help deciding between two cars...