R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 should I be expecting this forever?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:29 AM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottinBend

It's sad when folks don't get the whole MINI thing..........;<(
If its just a car to some people, why dont they just go spend some time on a forum thats better suited for people who "just dont get it", like the consumer reports webforums!

Old 07-21-2006, 07:36 AM
anathema
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheetos
Down there, big fella. Yes, I like my mini. And yes, it's just a car to me. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. It's my daily driver. Great fun, zippy, reasonably well screwed together, satisfactory gas mileage compared to my previous daily driver. Makes the drive more tolerable. I will enjoy it for as long as I own it, and probably won't pine much for it when it's gone a couple of years from now. Ok with you?

Getting this stuff in the mail certainly does not disrupt my life, not any more than any other junk mail, so it's no big deal. I just raised the question if this is something to expect going forward as part of the 'mini experience.' Sorry to rile up the tribe!
Glad you dont do MINI advertisements, you make owning a MINI sound like owning a POS honda civic that you dont care if it gets keyed, crashed or written off. Wow...

Old 07-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Cheetos
2nd Gear
You only get the "goodies" if you bought a new MINI from a dealership.

It's sad when folks don't get the whole MINI thing..........;<(

Alrighty then...the venerable "you don't get IT thing" makes it's expected appearance.

It was a simple question folks, sorry if I offended anybody's 'It.'

Old 07-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
AS fas as I know if you've taken you used car in for service you also become part of the whole MINI mailing list

Art

Old 07-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Cheetos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper
If its just a car to some people, why dont they just go spend some time on a forum thats better suited for people who "just dont get it", like the consumer reports webforums!

Let me get this straight, so the only people welcome here are people who 'get it?" Folks who own the car, like it, but may not have a johnson for it are not welcome to come and get simple (or complex) ownership information?

Consumer Reports, Road and Track or any of the other sources are not information about OWNERSHIP. That's what I try to get from this site.

Jeez, and some of you are wondering why the majority of Mini owners aren't waving at you...:impatient

Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Cheetos
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by anathema
Glad you dont do MINI advertisements, you make owning a MINI sound like owning a POS honda civic that you dont care if it gets keyed, crashed or written off. Wow...
I've always cared about all the cars I've owned, be they Civics (yes, I owned a few years back, VERY reliable and low cost to own BTW), or others.

I don't think I made owning a Mini sound like ANYTHING! I just asked if I could expect an ongoing stream of this...err....mail.

Now please, go stand in your garage and stare at your car...

Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cheetos,

I meant no disrespect. I guess the "wink" didn't work. My apologies if I offended you. But most owners have gone thru the whole order, wait for months, and pickup their baby ordeal and enjoy the "goodies" that they get from MINIUSA.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:01 AM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
If its just a car to you, then just dont change the oil, take it to the dealer, and go away. You dont need to **** in everyones cheerios by coming in here and calling the cool promotinal stuff from MINI "junk mail", its just asking to start a huge flame war!

Go buy a Civic or a Camry and see if you EVER hear from them again, unless you need to make a car payment.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:16 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
You only get the "goodies" if you bought a new MINI from a dealership.
I don't think this is necessarily true...my husband bought his used, and he still got a "black box". I got mine yesterday...does having 2 in one household give us an "edge"?
"One man's trash is another man's treasure"...let's let it go at that, folks.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper
If its just a car to you, then just dont change the oil, take it to the dealer, and go away. You dont need to **** in everyones cheerios by coming in here and calling the cool promotinal stuff from MINI "junk mail", its just asking to start a huge flame war!

Go buy a Civic or a Camry and see if you EVER hear from them again, unless you need to make a car payment.
Nice dude ! You might want to go for a job at the UN with that attitude. Cheetos was just asking a question. And I am sure after your tirade he won't be back. Don't add fuel to the flame war you seem to want to start.

Cheetos, don't take his post as a sample of how most of us feel about this. Please continue with your questions and have fun motoring with your MINI.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:21 AM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kgdblu
I don't think this is necessarily true...my husband bought his used, and he still got a "black box". I got mine yesterday...does having 2 in one household give us an "edge"?
"One man's trash is another man's treasure"...let's let it go at that, folks.
As Art posted before, you maybe on the list because of having work done on it at the dealership. Has he registered the car at the owners lounge? That may also get you on the mailing list.

As it is I have not rec'd mine yet, but I am anxious to see it.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:26 AM
kgdblu
6th Gear
No, he didn't register in the OL, so your other suggestion must be right...he's had work done at a dealership.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
GET OUTT!! YOU AREN'T ONE OF US!!!

I think its kind of funny that someone would consider it all junk mail.. but its equally hilarious that the cult gets so riled up. I love how the second someone says their MINI is.. gasp.. just a car!.. the troops storm out to defend MINI's honor. ahaha

As someone else said, if you don't want your stuff, give it away or sell it. Surely someone will want it.

I'm pretty excited to get mine in the mail. I'm sick of getting bills. I want fun MINI stuff!

Old 07-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
I understand how you feel Cheetos (although I don't agree), but I do want to point out that in my opinion, it's only "junk mail" if they are trying to sell you something. You already have the car... so it isn't junk mail. They aren't trying to "get" anything out of the mailings - they just want to do a little bit to increase owner satisfaction... and it's quite effective. A car company that still cares about their customers AFTER they have paid for the product - imagine that!

Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM
HaveBulldogWillTravel
2nd Gear
Forever is a long time...but in a word...yes

BTW...I f you were to go to the Mini owner's lounge, you can find out what's in store. BMW did a hunt a few years back that utilized the BMW film series and someone (maybe several someones) received a new Z4. So...for a few, this may be very worthwhile.
Originally Posted by Cheetos
should I be expecting this forever?

Old 07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Remember, oh soldiers of the MINI cause, that the MINI is about 'you-ification'. If that includes MINI goodies, If it doesn't,
Cheetos asked a simple question, and offered to send his unwanted goodies to the first person who asked. What more could you ask?
So put down the pitchforks, go raid your kids' old comics for a set of 3D glasses and read the latest MINI ad.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:11 PM
LizzyBobio
OVERDRIVE
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoever owns the car has the option to treat their vehicle however they damn please.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:30 PM
anathema
3rd Gear
I dont think it was the question, so much as the aloof/putoff attitude. I have no problem whatsoever with the question...

Old 07-21-2006, 12:49 PM
PrplPplEtr
5th Gear
nice troll, cheetos!

Old 07-21-2006, 01:34 PM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
You seem so angry about it, Cheetos.

Granted, you may not like keeping the stuff, but you're telling me that for the 5 seconds of opening it up, glancing at what they sent you just before you throw it away, you don't chuckle... even just for a teeny little bit?

Not one bit?

Not even at the Force Field sticker?

Eh? eh?.... eh?

It's gotta be better the Capitol One lots of hassle crap mail. Those aren't funny at all.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:40 PM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yow... we're all nice, friendly people here. If mail form Mini bugs our wayward brother, well then OK. Personally, I love it when Mini sends me things- I feel like it's a "value add" and it goes a great deal towards creating brand loyalty. It's fun, and that's what I like about my car as well, so all in all it's a plus for me.

Personally, if I were the OP, I'd put the stuff up on eBay. Try selling Capitol One flyers or those annoying coupon flyers that you get in those plastic bags every week... it ain't gonna happen!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Cheetos
2nd Gear
Tough room.

Actually, it will be forwarded in the future to some kind folks who communicated with me offline, who actually tried to answer my questions...

Old 07-24-2006, 08:09 AM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
*sniff* *sniff*

Mmmm... I love the smell of fresh sarcasm in the morning!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
I just can't help thinking how the money spent to manufacture and post these little cute packages could be put to better use to better the (well, my, anyway) MINI experience.

Zip

Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
sequence
6th Gear
MINI hasn't sent me squat since I got my black box three months after purchase (10/04.) Oh wait, I did some "junk" mail regarding insurance from them, so does that count? (Oh yeah and my monthly paperless statement...)

Shoot I found the black box stuff pretty useful, esp. the bingo games for the kids sitting in back. I liked my black box Why don't I get more?

Cheetos are you the baked or crispy kind? Is your MINI orange? cheers 'quenz

Quick Reply: R50/53 should I be expecting this forever?