R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 find a mini

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 07:02 PM
bigboyd
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rather than calling all the Mini dealers, any ideas/tips on finding dealers with inventory? I want to become a mini owner. I'm in north dakota...no mini dealers. :smile:

Old 07-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Tollag
4th Gear
E-bay, or you have to contact your dealer.

Old 07-27-2002, 09:04 PM
cdrober
2nd Gear
If Chicago is not to out of the way call Bill Jacobs MINI in Naperville. I just got my MCS from them yesterday. Ask for Andrew and he will tell you the cars they have and the ones coming in that are not taken. All I had to do was put down a $1000 deposit and they held it for me untill I could get up there(I live in Kansas City Missouri). They charge straight MSRP, unless you get one of the floor models that have already had a lot of stuff added. They even picked me up at the rental car dealership(I drove a one-way rental). More details about my experience will be up once I post my trip experience(Probably Monday, I am really tired now and have to work all day tomarrow).

Old 07-27-2002, 09:16 PM
Joel
1st Gear
Take the drive here to Minnesota Dealership here in Minneapolis Drive back with a New Cooper

Old 07-28-2002, 02:04 PM
bigboyd
Neutral
Hey Joel,
what dealership? what is the inventory? do you have a mini "S"?
ready to buy!!

Old 07-28-2002, 04:42 PM
Joel
1st Gear
Hey there in Minnesota I think its in richfield Minn near Mall of america they have 3 cars you can drive away with I bought the Cooper for one thing i cant drive a stick and i like the looks better More like original dont get me wrong i would get an S but i live in the city and couldnt be botherd with driving a stick. Pepople there are great I dont have it yet only HOPEFULLY another 3 weeks But i can bet you make the treck down here you would have to be the only one in ND with one. I am here and have only seen 2 on the roads I love it hope this craze doesnt turn out be be like the PT or beetle thing everyone has one of those ..

Old 07-28-2002, 06:30 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Hey there in Minnesota I think its in richfield Minn near Mall of america they have 3 cars you can drive away with I bought the Cooper for one thing i cant drive a stick and i like the looks better More like original dont get me wrong i would get an S but i live in the city and couldnt be botherd with driving a stick.

Hey! EXACTLY the same reasons I went for the Cooper!

As for the new Mini becoming a craze similar to the new Beetle and PT Cruiser....I am optimistic that it will not. In my opinion, we Mini owners seem like a rare breed......

Old 07-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Joel
1st Gear
true true they are a lot of work to get you got to really really want one but def worth it

Old 07-28-2002, 07:12 PM
carnellm
1st Gear
BigBoyd,

I am beginning to sound like an infomercial, but if you are willing to come to the East coast, Rick Hendrick's MINI here in Charleston has cars on the lot. I believe they may finally be out of Ss, but they certainly have Coopers up for grabs. You can email them or visit their website from the link on my MINI's page - just see my signature.

Happy Hunting!

Michael

Old 07-30-2002, 06:31 AM
carnellm
1st Gear
To add to what I said above, I just heard from Martha at Rick Hendricks. They have gotten in more Ss! So, on the lot right now they have available two base Pure Silver S's and two base Red S's and then two Yellows S's w/white tops and 16"wheels only.

Can't understand why they have them when nobody else does. But, if you want one, they have them.

Michael

Old 07-30-2002, 06:04 PM
deering
2nd Gear
>>Hey there in Minnesota I think its in richfield Minn near Mall of america they have 3 cars you can drive away with I bought the Cooper for one thing i cant drive a stick and i like the looks better More like original dont get me wrong i would get an S but i live in the city and couldnt be botherd with driving a stick.
>>
>>Hey! EXACTLY the same reasons I went for the Cooper!
>>
>>As for the new Mini becoming a craze similar to the new Beetle and PT Cruiser....I am optimistic that it will not. In my opinion, we Mini owners seem like a rare breed......
I hate to say it, but the PT people were this way 2 years ago....the newness will fade.