R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 disappointed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:28 PM
minitiff
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disappointed...

i am so disappointed. i have been so busy with work that i have not had time to drive my MINI Cooper S all that much. *sigh* it is such a great car. i almost do not mind putting miles on it. ok so i live in alabama. i am so excited about this weekend. i will be taking the MINI (no name yet :(...that is a whole other post) to Destin, FL. This will be my longest trip yet in it (only about 100 miles from where I live). I cannot describe the excitement I feel towards driving my car. mmm and the PW/B...there is nothing like it!! HAHA I have had the car for about 3 weeks now and it has gotten a bath every week...people think i am nuts...but it deserves it. my MINI is so good to me i MUST be extra sweet to it. wow..ok I have rambled a lot!! but i just want to share my love for MINIs with everyone else. i won't even start on the handling!! AHHH i am becoming obsessed!!! people say that you start liking your car less and less as the time of ownership goes on....NOT WITH A MINI!! i am already thinking about the future when I can get my next one. muahahaha.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
qwertmonkey
6th Gear
I went to destin for spring break. Nice place! I stayed in Port Royal if you know where that it. It has a cat walk to the beach. Enjoy your trip!

Oh and congrats on your new MINI

Old 05-23-2006, 01:39 PM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Be sure to wave if you see any local MINI's here. From what I have seen so far, most will wave back. Except for this unaware Chilired driver! I can never get him to wave!

Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
minitiff
2nd Gear
haha. i am lucky to have a sister that lives in fort walton beach, fl...therefore i always have an excuse to go to the beach

the other day i was driving in town where i live and i noticed a beautiful dark silver MINI (this was the first i had seen in town since i've owned a MINI). what was so wonderful was that the driver rolled her window down just to wave at me. i was wondering if she would wave...i was so honored hehe!! there are so many benefits of having a MINI. i am L U C K Y.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
polizei
6th Gear
:( On my way to the MINI dealer today I passed a Chilli Red MINI. I waved way before, then no acknowledgement back....I hate MINI owners who are not true MINIAC's. True MINI enthusics and MINIAC's will wave, so make sure you do!

Congrats on the MINI! I've had mine two weeks, but haven't even put 200miles on it! I want to drive it...but I have no where to go and nothing to do. Plus, I can't do want I want...like take turns! because it's illegal....nothing! I am bumed!

-Cody

Old 05-23-2006, 02:18 PM
minitiff
2nd Gear
i really hate when i see a MINI and i am not in my MINI!! i feel like i should wave but I can't. ha.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:02 PM
C4
Banned
I am a Chili Red owner and always wave and most often gets ignored...

Old 05-23-2006, 03:51 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
ooooh I wish I was going to the beach. You ought to come up & join us for a ride sometime minitiff. We try to get together around the B'ham area & ride when we can

www.bamamini.com

Old 05-23-2006, 04:28 PM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
I didnt mean anything by saying it was a Chilired owner. Was trying to single the guy out and color was the only way! I am taking my once a year vacation in July and going back to Ohio for a few weeks. Go figure, I live in Florida and vacation in Ohio! I hope you dont look for any twisties round here. They are few and far between!
I feel the same way about waving when I am in my truck! It just feels wrong not to!

Old 05-23-2006, 06:38 PM
polizei
6th Gear
Haha, I waved at MINI's when I was driving my Dodge Dakota.... Let's just say I didn't get any waves back...

Where in Ohio will you be? If you near Cinci, maybe you'll be able to come out to the rally on July 29th?

-Cody

Old 05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
minitiff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
ooooh I wish I was going to the beach. You ought to come up & join us for a ride sometime minitiff. We try to get together around the B'ham area & ride when we can

www.bamamini.com
I would love to do that! I will have to keep my eye on any events happening. thanks!

Old 05-24-2006, 08:04 AM
minitiff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by K4KAS
I live in Florida and vacation
i just realized you live in ft walton beach! maybe i will see you on the road this weekend!!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:09 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minitiff
I would love to do that! I will have to keep my eye on any events happening. thanks!
Be sure to check the website but also look in on our NAM threads too

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...splay.php?f=49

Old 05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
I am going to Orlando, FLA in June. It would have been nice to drive Betty there, but I just don't have the time. And the fact that I am would be coming from central Ontario.... :P

Old 05-24-2006, 09:58 AM
minitiff
2nd Gear
Orlando is a lovely city. That would be an awesome drive for me..being that it is only about 6-7 hours. Man I am lucky to live close to great places but even luckier to own a MINI.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:06 AM
JFEINSTEIN
3rd Gear
It's been about a month since logging to NAM ........ were have all the "owners club" badges come from ??? i.e.: pepper white, indi blue, etc.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
minitiff
2nd Gear
as far as i know different members of different clubs have made the badges and make them available to everyone. probably not much help...SORRY

Old 05-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
Orlando is a lovely city. That would be an awesome drive for me..being that it is only about 6-7 hours. Man I am lucky to live close to great places but even luckier to own a MINI.

Well, either next year or the following, I am planning a cross Canada Drive, hitting every province and territory and every capital city. Should be an adventure, just need someone that would be willing to be a co-pilot, or have a couple different ones for each province.. he he.... any takers?

J

Old 05-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JFEINSTEIN
It's been about a month since logging to NAM ........ were have all the "owners club" badges come from ??? i.e.: pepper white, indi blue, etc.
Thanks

I stole it shamelessly...

Right click, save it and then link it in your signature. They might be posted here in NAM somewhere in a user gallery or something, like the Dragon ones are. I forget how I found the Dragon ones though... he he... just start clicking and searching.

A philosopher once said "you cannot plan an adventure, adventures are stumbled upon, so one must be incompitent to find an adventure" or something close to that anyways.

J

Old 05-24-2006, 01:36 PM
JFEINSTEIN
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Xiek
I stole it shamelessly...

Right click, save it and then link it in your signature. They might be posted here in NAM somewhere in a user gallery or something, like the Dragon ones are. I forget how I found the Dragon ones though... he he... just start clicking and searching.

A philosopher once said "you cannot plan an adventure, adventures are stumbled upon, so one must be incompitent to find an adventure" or something close to that anyways.

J
But some that I've seen actually are numbered..... ah, maybe the same number if they got them like you did. jon

Old 05-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
Do you mean like C4's sig in this thread? There was/is a couple of clubs within clubs with nubmers like that in here.. search the threads.... I think I have one acutally.. not sure what it is... LOL

J

Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
polizei
6th Gear
Do you mean like mine? If so, my was custom made by a fellow NAM user but he requests to be anonymous. There is a thread started about "Signatures" or something along that line. As far as the owner's club ones, go here:

http://www.thompsonsmithdesign.com/?page_id=155

-Cody

Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 AM
JFEINSTEIN
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by polizei
Do you mean like mine? If so, my was custom made by a fellow NAM user but he requests to be anonymous. There is a thread started about "Signatures" or something along that line. As far as the owner's club ones, go here:

http://www.thompsonsmithdesign.com/?page_id=155

-Cody
Yes, thanks for your response. Jon

Old 05-25-2006, 11:57 AM
minitiff
2nd Gear
*sigh* I finally saw another MINI in my small town AND i was driving my MINI at that time...well I rolled down the window in excitement and waved my arm like crazy out of the window. sadly...the girl did not even glance at me :( she had a beautiful MINI...oh well. i will not give up!!

Old 05-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Xiek
5th Gear
*sigh* I finally saw another MINI in my small town AND i was driving my MINI at that time...well I rolled down the window in excitement and waved my arm like crazy out of the window. sadly...the girl did not even glance at me :( she had a beautiful MINI...oh well. i will not give up!!
That sux... I understand though.. I do that in the city, and there are some that give you a weird look. I am from a town of 14,500, so we pretty much know each other anyways.. there are 7 MINI's in town at last count. plus the cottagers this summer, they all wave, although I have never seen them parked or when I didn't need to be somewhere so I could chat with them... I am trying though, and hope to this summer, as I don't see them on our Ontario board or NAM.

J

Quick Reply: R50/53 disappointed...