R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 A Cooper Tale

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
illegalprelude
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Cooper Tale

Well, some of you have viewed a thread I made last week on how I had hit up the parking lot of the mall and took some pictures of the Coopsta! Well, yesturday seemed like a very beautiful day, Camera was fully charged this time so no dying 10min battery and off I was for a little bit of cruising.

It all started out so simple but funny how the Cooper can change things so fast.

I took off around oh I dont know, 4 or 5 in PM and decided to enjoy the nice w eather. Both Windows Down, sunroof fully open and still using the last burned CD I had made for my last weeks adventure. I decided to take a road that I had always passed but never seemed to have gone down. Figured, I always knew where I was going but nothing exciting came out of the drive and no interesting places for photo's.

So Left it was at the corner of Via Princessa and Siera Highway. Oh a good 5 miles or so passed. In the mean time, i was travelling parallel to highway 14 where all a sudden, on my right hand side, I spot a fantastic place for pictures. So off I was on the dirt. The place quickly reminded me of the European backroads I had seen in many pictures and so quickly I dual weilded my Camera and water in my hands and off I was to take pictures.

I guess being so excited, I didnt read the little BIG sign that said it was all private property This entire time tough, sense the road was a little off to the right, it couldnt be really seen from the main road and it did dip and and for most, there wasnt a whole lot of traffic there anyways. My biggest worries were A. Snakes and B. getting mugged.

Wel, an hour into taking pictures and I see from Farrrr away dirt being pushed around and a white pickup truck emerged from it. I already figured they were coming for a chat with me and they did. The person was very nice and just told me that I was on private property and I told him that I would leave and end of that.

So nothing too terrible yet. Off I was down the main road again. I decided that at one of the turns, a left turn was in order and so left I went. I very quickly began to go uphill and into the mountain sides and sideskirts of the mountain and looking on the right side was not a good idea because it was a longgg way down

Not being a big fan of heights but loving my cooper, 4th gear no longer was doing it and into 3rd we were Not too many cars out there, every 5min or so, you would see one pass by and suddenly I noticed a sigh "LA National Forest". Dear lord, where was I going. If I only had a handy Nav right? but I didnt

Well no worried, I kept on going and going and found many beautiful places to take more pictures but didnt stop untill I just finally chose one and started to take pictures. Along here it was slowly getting dark. While taking pictures too, I saw 2 crotch rockets racing down the mountain path as I waved them a peace sign and they did back (only after it did I smack myself for missing such an amazing photo oppertunity of them and then of them racing past the MINI on the side of the road )

A few more cars passed by here and there and I again got pernoid of snakes of some car stopping and taking my car or just hitting me and then taking my car so I jumped in the Mini and down the mountaian I went till I found another interesting spot.

Quickly, more pictures were due and so I did take more pictures. At this point, it was near 7 or so and from the pictures you will tell that it will be dark soon. Same fears as before but while in middle of the picture taking events, I heard 2 growls. Deciding not wanting to find out what the hell was around there, I quickly jumped in the cooper, yelled MINI COOPER!! while I honked twice (windows were still down so I didnt need anything jumping in) and did a 180 in the dirt, raising all the dirt around me like a torando and jetted down the hill.

And So, the Cooper saved my life...somehow...

Pictures = A Limited Tale I took a little over 200 pictures but ive posted about 50 of them there. As always, if your interested in the pictures or more pictures or the high res version of the picture, let me know and ill charge you a shipping and handling of Free and hand them off to you

Old 05-21-2006, 07:28 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a perfect little MINI adventure!!! Glad the critters and landowners didn't get ya!!

Old 05-21-2006, 07:34 PM
hollis3
Coordinator :: Motoring Underground Club Forum
how fun.
a documented day's adventure.

great shots too!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:47 AM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
I'm glad I'm not the only guy freaked out by snakes.

Good pics, I like #2828 especially.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:31 PM
illegalprelude
4th Gear
thanks alot for the comments so far. I dunno, having gone out both times have been a very enjoyable drive with the Cooper and very relaxing and fun.