R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 This baby is gunna have a sore neck. (Britney Spears)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
don't forget the dealer documentation w/VIN they try their best to adhere to your windshield. Ick. And while I got rid of that, I forgot to hit the "DOn't install anything fun" sticker, and now that one is all globbed up.

I like her choice in colors, though!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
Some people should just not spawn...........

Donna
yah especially attractive ones with enough talent (even if you dont like the music) to start a huge career......

Old 05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
yah especially attractive ones with enough talent (even if you dont like the music) to start a huge career......
Talent and beauty is highly subjective.....and so is taste. Money-making does not equal talent, either....

Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 AM
bluzeke
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Britney should use those big, burly arms to turn that poor baby's seat to the proper rear facing position. Guess she wants to maintain her rep as the great "neglector"! OOOPS! Indeed!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a soft spot for Britney only because of all the teasing she must constantly take. Kinda like the Aztek.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:18 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
No offense to MINI owners out there. But if I were Brit, I would have taken Kevin's F360 Modena..

Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Talent and beauty is highly subjective.....and so is taste. Money-making does not equal talent, either....
Exactly - manufactured "artists" like this, many boy and girl groups, etc are more a product of PR, producers, writers and good studio talent than anything IMHO.

As for the 360 - is there room for a baby seat in one of those? I'd get the new 599 as the baby car for sure

Old 05-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by eVal
Exactly - manufactured "artists" like this, many boy and girl groups, etc are more a product of PR, producers, writers and good studio talent than anything IMHO.
So why does everybody care about the Paparazzi photos of her driving her child around? Just a nuisance IMO.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by motor on
So why does everybody care about the Paparazzi photos of her driving her child around? Just a nuisance IMO.
Part of the disease of our celebrity obsessed culture. I don't care but didn't know what the thread was about 'till I clicked on it, then since I was already here chimed in for the heck of it

Old 05-16-2006, 10:28 AM
DialM
Banned
Worst mother ever. Child seat installed improperly. Child belts not tight enough. Child left baking in the sun. Child's sensitive ears buffeted by wind noise.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
mudflap
2nd Gear
that girl is falling apart..in reference to the 'celebrity obsessed culture' we live in--i have a feeling that someday, if she keeps it up, she'll be on one of those 'where are they now' shows--she'll be found in a trailer park with a half eaten bowl of mac n' cheese spilled on her two-sizes-too-small baby doll t-shirt.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
what's the airbag situation back there, anyway?

Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIclo
I challenge you to sing better than her I dont like her music....but she can sing the notes well That's a talent even if you dont like her.

And of course its all subjective, which is exactly why i questioned how someone could say that others shouldn't spawn

Old 05-16-2006, 12:33 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I challenge you to sing better than her I dont like her music....but she can sing the notes well That's a talent even if you dont like her.

And of course its all subjective, which is exactly why i questioned how someone could say that others shouldn't spawn
Whoa, now! That challenge is just plain silly! I am entitled to my opinion, as Donna was about hers regarding the spawning. The "artist" in question has been caught being less than an adequate mother....'nuff said.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mudflap
--she'll be found in a trailer park with a half eaten bowl of mac n' cheese spilled on her two-sizes-too-small baby doll t-shirt.
STOP! . . . . you're makin' me HOT!

Old 05-16-2006, 01:51 PM
jollygreenmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bluzeke
STOP! . . . . you're makin' me HOT!

Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Not making excuses for bad parenting, but a year ago (or so) a kinda ditzy, girly-girl "hot blonde" started riding our commuter train w/ her 6-7 month old son...her first kid. Apparently she dropped him off at day care...then went to the office. This girl was pretty clueless...repeatedly she failed to dress her son warm enough in the cold among other things, much to the dismay of other older, wiser commuters.

Now the kid is 1.5 years old and she has become, over time, a complete super-mom....eyes in the back of her head, ESP, carries several times her weight in baby stuff, cat-like reflexes.....the works!!! It's been amazing to watch her transformation.

I'm sure she's not as distracted as Britney, but perhaps there's hope.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector

I never said a thing about her singing....my statement was strictly about how good she is as a parent and so far - her track record - isn't so good.... Just because "parents" can sing doesn't make them "good parents". It's apples and oranges.

Donna

Old 05-16-2006, 06:24 PM
sdv515
4th Gear
someone should tell her how to install a baby seat, knowing her she would probably try to turn it around while in the middle of driving. she is so clueless

Old 05-16-2006, 06:29 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Her kids are going to be america's news "paris" & "nicole" brat pack kids in 15-16 years from now.. just watch and remeber i made those claims frist

Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 PM
illegalprelude
4th Gear

are we serious? You do know Britt most of the time either Lip Syncs or sings over her own music. Also, you might note that all of her voice is 100% digitally made. Compare her "oops, I did it again" song to now. Day and night difference and you will notice the digital enhancments.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Wonderdrug
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrDiff
No offense to MINI owners out there. But if I were Brit, I would have taken Kevin's F360 Modena..
No offense to F360 owners out there. But if I were Brit, I would have taken her Enzo...

Old 05-16-2006, 07:26 PM
illegalprelude
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Wonderdrug
No offense to F360 owners out there. But if I were Brit, I would have taken her Enzo...
No offence to Enzo owners but I woulda taken out my Buggati and towed the Enzo with it

Old 05-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by illegalprelude
are we serious? You do know Britt most of the time either Lip Syncs or sings over her own music. Also, you might note that all of her voice is 100% digitally made. Compare her "oops, I did it again" song to now. Day and night difference and you will notice the digital enhancments.
Unfortunately that is kind of the norm for most of today's singers-she just got caught. There have been a few others caught in the 'act' of singing, but they don't get the media attention Brit does. I'm not taking her side, just something I have noticed.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Cherry2005
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
what's the airbag situation back there, anyway?
There are no airbags in the back of the Cabrio. No side pillars in which to install them, no overhead compartments.

As for the baby - My first-born's Pediatrician told me (and at 20, I was an extremely nervous new mommy) that babies grow up anyway. His advice to new parents - don't drop them. If you do, don't step on them.

That baby is fine and looks like he could use a bit of color. Except that the car seat should be turned around the other way, and a little shade & support wouldn't hurt, they look like they're going for a short jaunt down a shady road. Besides, the rules say the top should be down at all times...kudos for following MINI motoring rules, Britt. Chances are, she'd have sunscreen on hand (and on baby), anyway.

Wow - my post seems crass. But I've raised 5 children, all healthy, happy and successful adults now. A little sunburn never hurt them; they grew stronger because of my (and their) mistakes, and none of them ever learned anything from the easy times in their lives.

Can't start getting kids hooked on MINIs too early, I say.

Quick Reply: R50/53 This baby is gunna have a sore neck. (Britney Spears)