R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 strange experience...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>>>>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!
>>>>
>>>>I think I've finally figured it out... Ants is neither a manager at A.F, nor a motoring advisor, nor an illustrator. Actually, he's a psychology or sociology grad student who hangs out posting garbage on this site as part of a research project to see just how much b.s. we can tolerate before seeking him out and forcing both of his feet further into his mouth.
>>>> :smile:

Well, gee...here's a thought. Considering how chauvanistic you've been, add that to the temper tantrums about your car...and well, I certainly wouldn't be buying from you. You are no longer "you". You are a "motoring advisor". I would think you'd try to hold yourself to a higher esteem. But obviously you're stuck on your own planet.

$0.02

R

Old 03-12-2003, 01:00 PM
miniSail
3rd Gear
I'd have to agree with Davbret. It's fine to have a "Don't give a damn attitude" on an anonymous forum. After all, no one knows who you are and no one cares. But once that identity becomes public, and you are representing (either directly or indirectly) your employer, then the image you portay does matter. And politically-correct, like it or not, is the road best traveled.

As Haz points out, it'd be interesting to see how your dealership would feel about the representation that they have on this board.

IMHO -

T J

Old 03-12-2003, 01:34 PM
jsun
6th Gear
I'll just toss in the fact that this is not about "political" correctness. Political correctness implies a desire to not speak the truth for reasons political versus factual. But when one chooses make unflattering statements about "women" writ large, they're simply incorrect...period. And doing that on public forum is just stupid. (there's a politically incorrect term, eh?)

Old 03-12-2003, 01:36 PM
antsmini
6th Gear
Actually I serve my customers very well. Also it was a joke. It was a line Jack Nicholson said in as good as it gets, but i guess no one gets that. And in my opinion it is not in the motoring spirit to be uptight all the time. you just need to relax. I also offer a lot of help on the forums, answering peoples questions whenever I can, including at work. But perhaps it is best i not impart my knowledge anymore.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:40 PM
RUMINI
2nd Gear
>>Actually I serve my customers very well. Also it was a joke. It was a line Jack Nicholson said in as good as it gets, but i guess no one gets that. And in my opinion it is not in the motoring spirit to be uptight all the time. you just need to relax. I also offer a lot of help on the forums, answering peoples questions whenever I can, including at work. But perhaps it is best i not impart my knowledge anymore.

I, for one, will do just fine without any more of your "knowledge".

Old 03-12-2003, 01:46 PM
jsun
6th Gear
>>Actually I serve my customers very well. Also it was a joke. It was a line Jack Nicholson said in as good as it gets, but i guess no one gets that. And in my opinion it is not in the motoring spirit to be uptight all the time. you just need to relax. I also offer a lot of help on the forums, answering peoples questions whenever I can, including at work. But perhaps it is best i not impart my knowledge anymore.

OK, sorry, I for one did not recognize the quote...and presented as it was I mistakenly credited to your personal body of "knowledge."

I agree that it's not good to be uptight all of the time, but that's still no excuse for not engaging your brain before your mouth (typing fingers). Motor on.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
Chauvanistic comments and admissions of illegal speeding/racing are hardly knowledge. Not to mention you ask questions ANY motoring advisor should know in their sleep. Like the boot A/C power or tire pressure. So I'm not sure what "knowledge" you are passing here.

We're not knocking you entirely. We just want you to understand that the world is a bigger place than you've made it. When you go so far as to put your employer in your signature you've given up your personal identity. Do you really think your employer wants to associated with someone who "doesn't care" what they say?!?!

Prove us wrong.

R

Old 03-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Haz
2nd Gear

I know the line, it is easily recognizable yet you failed to cite it properly. I read the quote from you/antsmini and it has YOUR EMPLOYERS NAME ON IT for godsake!!

Why don't you show your last 2 posts to your employer? I can imagine the relaxed reaction they might have...all in the motoring spirit.

Old 03-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Red
6th Gear
Me thinks the lady was "pre-pissed". You may have added to it, but I don't recall you hollding a pistol to his head. :smile:

Old 03-12-2003, 03:05 PM
miniblues
4th Gear
thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!

great Jack Nicholson line from the movie he played the obsessive/compulsive nut case dating Helen Hunt...can't remember the name, but funny movie...

Old 03-12-2003, 03:08 PM
antsmini
6th Gear
as good as it gets

Old 03-12-2003, 08:24 PM
mellymel96
2nd Gear
>>A woman that wouldn't want a ride in a Cooper herself???????
>>I think she may be Satan! What kind of moron wouldn't want to join in the fun.
>>
>>If she has a problem with a simple thing like that, I bet the marriage is allready doomed.
>>
>>Frank

seriously!! who wants to be married to a woman like that!!?

Old 03-12-2003, 08:25 PM
mellymel96
2nd Gear
>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!

hey now! watch it. :smile:

Old 03-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Ok I'm getting this thread back on track! :evil:

Yello: I think you may have actually helped whatever situation that couple was in! Check this out; whatever tension was p!ss!ng her off, probley got let out after you dropped our fireman back off. No doubt he was glowing so much that he may not have taken personally whatever her problem was. There's no way to tell what the deal was with them two, but rest assured it can never be your fault (except for supremely satisfying that fireman for a few minutes.....um...with your Cooper)

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 03-12-2003, 08:45 PM
minimonkeygrrl
3rd Gear
>>Wives like that give guys like me a red chapped a$$.

>>LOL!!!!! i would hate to be a wife like that.......that's why I drive the mini and the hubby drives the Volvo!!!! i feel sorry for the fireman... he works hard and should have fun when he isn't saving your town!!

Old 03-13-2003, 12:09 AM
Calvin77
5th Gear
>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!
>>
>>great Jack Nicholson line from the movie he played the obsessive/compulsive nut case dating Helen Hunt...can't remember the name, but funny movie...

OK it's driving me nuts so I must make a correction here:
I believe the line is actually "remove all reason and accountability", not "logic and responsibility".
I know, it really doesn't matter, and no, I have nothing better to do..

Old 03-13-2003, 05:49 AM
mwbmini
3rd Gear
>>>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!
>>>>
>>>>great Jack Nicholson line from the movie he played the obsessive/compulsive nut case dating Helen Hunt...can't remember the name, but funny movie...
>>
>> OK it's driving me nuts so I must make a correction here:
>> I believe the line is actually "remove all reason and accountability", not "logic and responsibility".
>> I know, it really doesn't matter, and no, I have nothing better to do..

LOL, I was thinking the same thing about the correct line. I loved that movie! Some of his lines in that movie were just incredible! I have nothing better to do either, I've even resorted to reading the test forum lately!

Old 03-13-2003, 06:30 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
>>>>>>thats women for you. take a man and remove all logic and responibility and you have a woman!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>great Jack Nicholson line from the movie he played the obsessive/compulsive nut case dating Helen Hunt...can't remember the name, but funny movie...
>>>>
>>>> OK it's driving me nuts so I must make a correction here:
>>>> I believe the line is actually "remove all reason and accountability", not "logic and responsibility".
>>>> I know, it really doesn't matter, and no, I have nothing better to do..
>>
>>LOL, I was thinking the same thing about the correct line. I loved that movie! Some of his lines in that movie were just incredible! I have nothing better to do either, I've even resorted to reading the test forum lately!

R

Old 03-13-2003, 09:40 AM
jstines
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting off-topic here, but my favorite quote from As Good As it Gets is when Jack lets this one loose:

"Where did they teach you to talk like this? At some Panama
City sailor-wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getaway day and your
last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else...we're all
stocked up here."

See ya,
JS

Old 03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
antsmini
6th Gear
>>Getting off-topic here, but my favorite quote from As Good As it Gets is when Jack lets this one loose:
>>
>>"Where did they teach you to talk like this? At some Panama
>>City sailor-wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getaway day and your
>>last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else...we're all
>>stocked up here."
>>
>>
>>
>>See ya,
>>JS

HAHA that was great!

Old 03-13-2003, 09:46 AM
8ball
6th Gear
>>Getting off-topic here, but my favorite quote from As Good As it Gets is when Jack lets this one loose:
>>
>>"Where did they teach you to talk like this? At some Panama
>>City sailor-wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getaway day and your
>>last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else...we're all
>>stocked up here."
>>
>>
>>

"You Can't Handle the Truth!"
" ... you can hold it between your knees ..."
... nobody delivers a line like Jack ...

Old 03-13-2003, 02:00 PM
BMINI
3rd Gear
great movie!

I agree that the woman might be Satan!
Poor guy, at least he got one glimmer of hope in his day...he got a sweet ride in the MINI! And don't worry fellas, not all woman are that evil. I would have encouraged it! ....or fought, ran, & elbowed my way through to get shotgun!

Old 03-14-2003, 06:18 AM
mwbmini
3rd Gear
>>
>>Really, nothing else better to do? Does Ray know this? Or is the dog finally clean.
>>
>>R
>>

and I have to agree, Jstines, "sailor-wanna-hump-hump." was the best line in that movie! hysterical!

MWB

Old 03-14-2003, 06:36 AM
2minis
6th Gear
I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like the fireman
will get more mileage out of a new Mini.(sans caps xpost reference)
Sometimes life is too short to put up with bs.
Nicolas Chauvin was actually a Napoleon supporter.
My wife is a Chauvin. Trying to gauge people by what
they post on a message board....relax, have fun...
that is why we are here. You'd probably have more luck
trying to guage a sparkplug. If your sensitive.........
probably best to stay home and read a book.