R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:56 AM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Hyper Blue with Black roof, Black bonet stripes, and blue leather on order. Should be here mid March.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:11 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
I can't believe I forgot to put pics in here...
here's HB/W with a HB dash and grey leatherette.

Name:  DSCN0681.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  128.0 KB
Name:  DSCN0683.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  76.3 KB
Name:  DSCN0682.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  46.9 KB
Name:  PICT0240.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  114.1 KB

Old 01-19-2006, 12:17 PM
chuckyTLC
2nd Gear
I've got a hyper blue cabrio (06). Completely stock; only two options are heated seats and a spare tire. I'll post pics as soon as I have time to take 'em.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:42 PM
PoonRacing
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Go Blue

Last edited by PoonRacing; 06-26-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Wookie
4th Gear
How'd I miss this thead???

HB/B, and HB Dash!

Love that Hyper Blue

Attached Thumbnails The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread-minifront.jpg  
Old 01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
macnjam
Neutral
Yet Another

Mine is a 06 S, just hit 1000 miles he is three weeks old tomorrow.

Mini has sport and premium packages. Here is a picture the day we got him...

Attached Thumbnails The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread-mini2.gif  
Old 01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cube17576
I have a Hyper Blue with Black roof, Black bonet stripes, and blue leather on order. Should be here mid March.
Dang it... I forgot to add my pix. Not that we need photgraphic evidence that HB is the best color that has ever been or will ever be. Nevertheless as it is, we might as well celebrate that fact in pictures. Hit 700 miles today. All is good. Can't wait to put the new wheels on this spring. So for cube, heres kinda what you're getting sans stripes...

Old 01-20-2006, 08:05 AM
MattMan
Coordinator :: Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28)
Here are some pictures of my won't-love-another-color-ever Hyper Blue Mini at some autocross one at Las Vegas, and the other in the parking lot at Deer Valley. I also included a picture of the Canadian Hyper Blue mini.

Attached Thumbnails The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread-tim1.jpg   The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread-800-x-600.jpg   The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread-0510252109531scca_oct_8th___9th_2005_298_th.jpg  
Old 01-20-2006, 08:13 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Yea for Hyper Blue!

Old 01-20-2006, 08:17 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Matt,
Seeing your pictures and having visited mini.ca, I know why the Canadian Minis cost almost $10K more than the US versions.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Wookie
4th Gear
MattMan - I always wondered what those wheels would look like on my car...

THEY'RE AWESOME

What size are those.. 15"s? with 205/50/15 sneakers? and do they come with centercaps?

Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i used to love that original promo shot of the MINI back in 02 ... the Indi Blue with white wheels.

anyone have a blue with white wheels / white top ... that combo looks sweet.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:32 AM
MattMan
Originally Posted by Aaron_NH-MCS
MattMan - I always wondered what those wheels would look like on my car...

THEY'RE AWESOME

What size are those.. 15"s? with 205/50/15 sneakers? and do they come with centercaps?
They're 16 X 6.5's. I think 18racing.com might have some in that size still available (they were a limited run). They're only $490 Shipped for the set of 4 and weigh around 13lbs. It's amazing how it improves the car's performance. And yes they do come with the centercaps.

Yeah, the mini.ca site is a riot, in a sad way. And you're probably right, they've got to get more out of their Mini's because they have to pay all the models to whip their cars.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:25 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Originally Posted by lurch70
i used to love that original promo shot of the MINI back in 02 ... the Indi Blue with white wheels.

anyone have a blue with white wheels / white top ... that combo looks sweet.
not yet, but I'm planning on getting some nice white aftermarket wheels for the summer. I'll be sure to post pictures once they are installed!

Old 01-20-2006, 09:41 AM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by thefuturequeenofnebraska
Yea for Hyper Blue!
Dont you be coming in here with all your "YEA's"!
You traitor!

Old 01-20-2006, 01:59 PM
anteken
4th Gear
'06 MCS, white roof, web spokes, English Leather, anthracite w/Chrome, clear Bra....Love it

Cheers

Old 01-20-2006, 04:42 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Originally Posted by K4KAS
Dont you be coming in here with all your "YEA's"!
You traitor!
I can still cheer for it... in fact... they kept a small section of Hyper Blue on her so she can remain true to her roots.... AND we kept it in mind when we named the color

Old 01-20-2006, 05:35 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thefuturequeenofnebraska
I can still cheer for it... in fact... they kept a small section of Hyper Blue on her so she can remain true to her roots.... AND we kept it in mind when we named the color
So you are saying her roots are showing? This soon? Must be a cheap dye job.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:05 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
hey bumble,

man, when r u going to change that sig? i missed the other one that you had with the Tiger, and btw, who was that? I really liked the previous one.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Coopernicus
3rd Gear
More HB Pics !!

Guess I should finally post a few pics to this thread... See my sig below for specs and my gallery for more pics.

I previously owned a Honda Civic, BMW ///M3 and Porsche Boxster S - all in very dark blues. Though they all looked stunning when clean, they also basically looked black in dull lighting or at night, with heavy hints of purple or green at certain angles in direct sunlight. Oh, and Yes - they were a complete pain to keep clean!

I always wished for a brighter, purer blue - a rich color with alot of life to it, with no purple or green under-tint. Fortunately, MINI came through for me in '05 with Hyper Blue, and I couldn't be happier!

Old 01-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guess I should finally post a few pics to this thread... See my sig below for specs and my gallery for more pics.

I previously owned a Honda Civic, BMW ///M3 and Porsche Boxster S - all in very dark blues. Though they all looked stunning when clean, they also basically looked black in dull lighting or at night, with heavy hints of purple or green at certain angles in direct sunlight. Oh, and Yes - they were a complete pain to keep clean!

I always wished for a brighter, purer blue - a rich color with alot of life to it, with no purple or green under-tint. Fortunately, MINI came through for me in '05 with Hyper Blue, and I couldn't be happier!

Wow what a nice looking car. Those wheels really look good on there. I'm a white tintop person, but your black one looks nice too. How do you like that minifini cup holder? I've been thinking of buying one to replace that monstosity that MINI puts on the downtube.

Chuck

Old 01-23-2006, 03:45 PM
MattMan
Man, I don't know what it is about Hyper Blue with a black top. I always liked the Indi Blue and was bummed when they took it off the market, and I wasn't so sure about them going to a lighter blue. But, once I saw the new color, I was sold. A couple of my buddies have been talked into buying MCS's and they're probably going to get HB.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Coopernicus
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Crashton
Wow what a nice looking car. Those wheels really look good on there. I'm a white tintop person, but your black one looks nice too. How do you like that minifini cup holder? I've been thinking of buying one to replace that monstosity that MINI puts on the downtube.
Thanks, Chuck! I felt that a white top is more 'Spunky' and traditional, whereas a black top is more Sporty and aggressive. They both certainly work equally well with HB, but I chose black because it tends to make the top 'disappear', which brings your eyes down to the bright blue paint, thereby giving the illusion that the car is a bit lower to the ground.

I find the MiniFini cup holder much more useful then the OEM stock wire 'thing'. The only negative is you have to be careful to either swivel it in front of the shifter when letting someone in the back seat, or you could force the passenger's seat forward against it. If you push the seat hard enough, you could break it or the downtube if you really toss the seat around.

If I use the MiniFini to hold my BlackBerry and still need to find a place for a drink, then the drink goes in the rear console CH. Not a perfect arrangement, but it works...

Originally Posted by MattMan
Man, I don't know what it is about Hyper Blue with a black top. I always liked the Indi Blue and was bummed when they took it off the market, and I wasn't so sure about them going to a lighter blue. But, once I saw the new color, I was sold. A couple of my buddies have been talked into buying MCS's and they're probably going to get HB.
Matt - Interestingly, my car happened to be lined up nose-to-tail with an IB/IB MCS last weekend at the local dealership. The IB car had the black Aero kit grill, black wheels and painted wheel arches, so there was VERY little brightwork on the whole car. It was an interesting comparison, but I was most surprised at just how close HB and IB really are to each other in person (at least in the low-contrast, rainy conditions that were present when I saw this). I really wished that I had brought my camera to capture the comparison.

Personally, I think that HB works better with a black roof then IB - it provides more contrast and is a less subtle combination.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Sam
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopernicus

Love the wheels and the car. Question though - is the mailbox atached to your antenna for AIRMAL?

Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Coopernicus
3rd Gear
Actually Samiam01, the parking brake is off, so I just left the antenna resting against the mailbox to prevent the car from rolling down the driveway ...

Quick Reply: R50/53 The Hyper Blue Brillance Thread