R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Pictures with no license plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:47 AM
CmdrVimes
Stuck in Reverse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
You're right Rick..."protected by H&K" or "Glock" is more appropriate
or maybe the Ruger eagle thing....
that's pretty cool looking.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:13 PM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
or, in my case, protected by an M1 Garand.

;-)

Old 06-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Pankeyguy
2nd Gear
It really should be a Walther PPK!

Bond...James Bond.

Dave
Sunny San Diego
2003 DS/B MCS Lic. # OCLUSHN (Occlusion=how your teeth fit together. I know, I know my wife thinks it's a geeky dentist thing too! What do you expect from a geeky dentist!)

Old 06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
gmcdonnell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CC
1997 Drivers Privacy Protection Act...Federal law. Check it out.

As a matter of fact, any state MVD/MVA caught in violation is subject to penalty. Any individual who gives information in violation of the DPPA is subject to State (as applicable) and/or Federal charges AND civil liability.
Something's amiss here. I believe that it is public information.

I've gotten this information any number of times on vehicles for $3.00 at the county courthouse here in Dallas. For instance, before I buy a used car I always pull the information. Once it turned out the car was stolen. On another occasion we found a pickup truck that had been abandoned at a friend's ranch after being run into a ditch. Called the owner - he was a drunk who had several work trucks and had forgotten he'd wrecked this one. Pretty sad.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Monkey_Boy
5th Gear
Public/Private? Yes and No.

Originally Posted by CC
1997 Drivers Privacy Protection Act...Federal law. Check it out.

As a matter of fact, any state MVD/MVA caught in violation is subject to penalty. Any individual who gives information in violation of the DPPA is subject to State (as applicable) and/or Federal charges AND civil liability.
To be more precise, some of the information is available. That act restricted certain information but not all. The law specifically refers to #3 and #4. So, you can still obtain the zip code, accident and violation info and more.

There are also many permissible uses. Also, a state could ignore the law and would be subject to a fine. No idea how much teeth this law has or what its exact status is. Since Barbara Boxer sponsored it, she probably got the idea from her friends over in Communist China.

(1) “motor vehicle record” means any record that pertains to a motor vehicle operator’s permit, motor vehicle title, motor vehicle registration, or identification card issued by a department of motor vehicles;

(2) “person” means an individual, organization or entity, but does not include a State or agency thereof;

(3) “personal information” means information that identifies an individual, including an individual’s photograph, social security number, driver identification number, name, address (but not the 5-digit zip code), telephone number, and medical or disability information, but does not include information on vehicular accidents, driving violations, and driver’s status.

(4) “highly restricted personal information” means an individual’s photograph or image, social security number, medical or disability information; and

(5) “express consent” means consent in writing, including consent conveyed electronically that bears an electronic signature as defined in section 106(5) of Public Law 106–229.

Old 06-07-2005, 03:50 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
You guys remember the picture of the Mini with the back end loaded for ***** Creek a while back...wish I had that pic still
Originally Posted by Pankeyguy
It really should be a Walther PPK!

Bond...James Bond.

Dave
Sunny San Diego
2003 DS/B MCS Lic. # OCLUSHN (Occlusion=how your teeth fit together. I know, I know my wife thinks it's a geeky dentist thing too! What do you expect from a geeky dentist!)

Old 06-07-2005, 04:03 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My personal favorite is my S&W pump shotgun. If someone is in my garage and I **** that thing he hears it and stays there, well that boy is plain CRAZY and deserves whatever he gets

Randy

Old 06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Ok...let's take this waaaaay off thread Mine is the FN-SLP
Originally Posted by maxmini
My personal favorite is my S&W pump shotgun. If someone is in my garage and I **** that thing he hears it and stays there, well that boy is plain CRAZY and deserves whatever he gets

Randy

Old 06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
bluezone
2nd Gear
I think it's all of the reasons posted above. Some are afraid their plates will somehow reveal other more personal information publicly. Others feel it is just better to sit on the side of caution. Then you have those who do it out of courtesy for others whose pics have been borrowed without their knowledge.