R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 coolest gift

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 07:36 AM
ADVANTAGE
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
merry christmas all!!!! just opened the coolest gift from my wife. i started collecting all sizes of red minis, been eyeing the blue with uj remote controll they sell at sharper images,didn't buy because of the color. opened package, surprise, rc mini,my wife took it to the paint shop and had it customizes to match ours.

Old 12-25-2002, 07:48 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Needs a big hug and kiss - that's special.

Old 12-25-2002, 08:43 AM
JFleischer
2nd Gear
One of my gifts was a glovebox shirt. From my wife and Mother in Law. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Old 12-25-2002, 01:40 PM
VAmini
3rd Gear
Woohoo! I got the cuckoo clock!

Old 12-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
I picked up the classis MINI mouse pad from my mom-in-law. Cool part was she got it from the gift shop in Spartenburg. She also picked me up a BMW Williams F1 race cap that is pretty cool.

Old 12-25-2002, 06:50 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
One of mine was a 1/6 scale radio control Chili red/white Cooper, with 3 speeds, horn, lights, and alarm, opening hood, doors and boot. Not exactly land speed record holding, but cool just the same. A lot of attention to detail inside, under the hood, and all around. Seems that I'm acquiring quite the collection of different scaled Coopers here now.
Cheers to all,

Old 12-25-2002, 07:26 PM
Xeon
3rd Gear
i got the speedo t shirt from my da :smile:

Old 12-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
I got a MINI Motoring Globe (aka snow globe)

R

Old 12-25-2002, 07:33 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>One of mine was a 1/6 scale radio control Chili red/white Cooper, >>>>>>

Are you sure it's 1/6? I have a 1/10 r/c MINI and it's huge! It's a good foot long! I can't imagine a TWO foot MINI! But I'd like one!

Old 12-25-2002, 07:53 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Ok guys (and gals). I got the COOLEST gift ever. But first I did get a few smaller MINI gifts. I got the snowglobe, 2 MORE Cooper S hats (giving me 3), the New 'S' keychain, the black 'Let's Motor' shirt with white stripes, a "World's Best MINI S" Hat, and a MINI magnet. Believe me, everything else MINI sells (except the new MINI dining set) I have. I'm still at the dealer at least every other week and my wife and I have been buying everything (yeah I'm a real sucker for cool "stuff&quot.

ANYWAY, my best gift was ordered by my wife but the best part is I was "allowed" to design it. So although it was not a surprise, I couldn't open the final product until Christmas. I was also not allowed to know how much it costs. I'm sure I'd be sick if I knew.

Without further ado, here is my Custom-made MINI leather jacket:

Old 12-25-2002, 09:08 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
>>>>One of mine was a 1/6 scale radio control Chili red/white Cooper, >>>>>>
>>
>>Are you sure it's 1/6? I have a 1/10 r/c MINI and it's huge! It's a good foot long! I can't imagine a TWO foot MINI! But I'd like one!

Yup. I'm possitive. It's a 1/6 scale radio controled Motor Works MINI Cooper. Says right on it and on the box. She got it from WalMart. It's 2 feet long by 1 foot wide. Runs about $76 (CDN). It's pretty cool and big. Need a 9.6V battery and 4-AA's
Cheers,

Old 12-26-2002, 07:17 AM
MiniZee
2nd Gear
I to got the MINI snowglobe. I was so fricken excited when I opened it, because I had just mentioned it in passing to my mom. BUT, the coolest gift Is what I'm getting on Mon. Thats when my mom and I go up to Knauz MINI and order Lucy, our MINI! Isn't that sad I've named her, and she hasen't even been ordered! Oh well, Merry Merry!

Old 12-26-2002, 07:22 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
>>>>>>One of mine was a 1/6 scale radio control Chili red/white Cooper, >>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Are you sure it's 1/6? I have a 1/10 r/c MINI and it's huge! It's a good foot long! I can't imagine a TWO foot MINI! But I'd like one!
>>
>>
>>Yup. I'm possitive. It's a 1/6 scale radio controled Motor Works MINI Cooper. Says right on it and on the box. She got it from WalMart. It's 2 feet long by 1 foot wide. Runs about $76 (CDN). It's pretty cool and big. Need a 9.6V battery and 4-AA's
>>Cheers,
>>
>>

Thanks! THat's GREAT! I've got to look for that one!!!

Old 12-26-2002, 07:29 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
New driving gloves....I love them I love them I love them......

Old 12-26-2002, 08:05 AM
bmarvin81
3rd Gear
Santa was good to me:

UUC Shift **** (so smooth, and heavy as all get up)

Leather Armrest thingy with the sliding top

Alpine 634 mp3/cd changer

Driver's side shelf kit/parts

Now all I need to do is get my mini. Only a few more days now and the suspense is killing me, I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when I get it and put everything in. The driver's side shelf is on order and should be in soon. Now I just need to scrape up some money so I can get the magnaflow exhaust and bmp filter. I now see how this can get very addictive. Glad everyone had a great xmas.

Blake

Old 12-26-2002, 02:45 PM
rygold
5th Gear
Greatgro: That jacket is Amazing! Wear it well!

Old 12-26-2002, 03:58 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
>>Greatgro: That jacket is Amazing! Wear it well!>>>

Thanks rygold! I'll wear it with great pride!

Old 12-26-2002, 05:15 PM
Morales
4th Gear
>>merry christmas all!!!! just opened the coolest gift from my wife. i started collecting all sizes of red minis, been eyeing the blue with uj remote controll they sell at sharper images,didn't buy because of the color. opened package, surprise, rc mini,my wife took it to the paint shop and had it customizes to match ours.
>>

She's a keeper!

Old 12-26-2002, 05:45 PM
ronspike
1st Gear
Best gift? WOW!! I actually got "Maxine" for christmas from my wife. We went to the dealer just so I could finally drive a MINI (an hour and a half away in Orlando). Next thing I know I hear "Merry Christmas!" I was shocked! This was last month, had to be early to work out the financing but I still can't peel the grin off my face !

Old 12-26-2002, 05:46 PM
ronspike
1st Gear
>>Best gift? WOW!! I actually got "Maxine" for christmas from my wife. We went to the dealer just so I could finally drive a MINI (an hour and a half away in Orlando). Next thing I know I hear "Merry Christmas!" I was shocked! This was last month, had to be early to work out the financing but I still can't peel the grin off my face !

ps MY WIFE ROCKS!

thanks Amy

Old 12-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Azwed
5th Gear
>>>>>>One of mine was a 1/6 scale radio control Chili red/white Cooper, >>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Are you sure it's 1/6? I have a 1/10 r/c MINI and it's huge! It's a good foot long! I can't imagine a TWO foot MINI! But I'd like one!
>>
>>
>>Yup. I'm possitive. It's a 1/6 scale radio controled Motor Works MINI Cooper. Says right on it and on the box. She got it from WalMart. It's 2 feet long by 1 foot wide. Runs about $76 (CDN). It's pretty cool and big. Need a 9.6V battery and 4-AA's
>>Cheers,
>>
>>

Wow 76 CDN is less then 40 USD I will have to look for that.

Old 12-26-2002, 10:31 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
>>>>>>>>One of mine was a 1/6 scale radio control Chili red/white Cooper, >>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Are you sure it's 1/6? I have a 1/10 r/c MINI and it's huge! It's a good foot long! I can't imagine a TWO foot MINI! But I'd like one!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Yup. I'm possitive. It's a 1/6 scale radio controled Motor Works MINI Cooper. Says right on it and on the box. She got it from WalMart. It's 2 feet long by 1 foot wide. Runs about $76 (CDN). It's pretty cool and big. Need a 9.6V battery and 4-AA's
>>>>Cheers,
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>Wow 76 CDN is less then 40 USD I will have to look for that.

Yeah, sure. Rub it in. Your's will be half the price, but hey........mine was free. j/k. Happy hunting.
The thing isn't all that fast, but it is detailed in and out, horn honks, idle and acceleration noises, working lights, opening doors, hood and boot, alarm, and 3 speeds. It's a nice addition.
Cheers,

Old 12-27-2002, 04:19 AM
Paul830
2nd Gear
Happy Holidays.... I recieved the pillow in the shape of the MINI... really looks kewl in my MINI...

Paul

Old 12-27-2002, 08:56 AM
robthemininut
1st Gear
It must be contageous, my whole family went MINI nuts for Christmas.

When Alice finally gets to Seattle (she arrived at the distribution center yesterday which of course is the best present of all), she will be well dressed with her new MINI floor mats, MINI valve stem caps, Lets Motor license plate frames (I already have the personalized license plate "COOPR-S&quot, locking lug nuts and glove box organizer.

My wife and I also scored a variety of MINI clothes including sweatshirts, polo shirts, T shirts and caps. The garage will be decorated with it's own Mini-Cooper Parking only sign, and the office with a very cool MINI poster and scale model. My dear old Mom, bless her heart, must still love me too as she came through with the cash to buy the MINI security system if it ever actually gets to the dealers.

I must have been a very good boy.

Old 12-27-2002, 09:33 AM
MiniB
2nd Gear
Three more liquid yellow MINIs, different scales of course, for the collection in my office and a MINI "cuckoo" clock. For those of you who haven't already seen or heard the clock. The MINI pops out on the hour without the cuckoo noise. You hear an engine start, the car pulls away, you hear an up gear shift, a throaty rev of the engine and 2 horn blasts. It is very cool!!!!

Typical of MINI to design something different into the clock. It has a light sensor above the 12, if it is dark the clock assumes that it is night and doesn't announce the hour with the engine noises.

VAmini and I apparently fooled our loved ones into thinking that we had been good.

Quick Reply: R50/53 coolest gift