R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 WTB: Carrier Bearing Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Austin123
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB: Carrier Bearing Bracket

Alright all, so I have an 04 r50 in indie blue, that needs a little help to get back on the road. Long story short is that my midlands finally took a **** at 160k (not to shabby) and I decided to go with the 6 speed swap. Got an 03s trans along with the other goodies needed to complete this swap. BUTTT my passenger side axle (you know the one with the mounting bracket haha) never came with said bracket when I bought new remanufactured axles. They figured I had an 04 Mini S so there was no need to send the bracket because I already had it in the car. Well at first I figured no biggie, I'll just hammer the old (04 base model) bracket off my old axle and throw that on my new 03s axle. WRONG! As I've come to learn these are not interchangeable. And you can't buy just the mounting bracket anywhere. Mini doesn't have it listed as a part because it's sold as a pair with the passenger side axle, which is 300$ so screw that option. So I come to the people of NAM to help me out.

Im in desperate need of an 03S passenger side axle bracket. I do believe any 02-06S bracket will work, after that I guess they changed the design again.

Both the base and S model brackets look similar but the S has a slightly (and I mean slightly) larger spacing on the bolts and the S bracket reaches in about 3/4" closer to the engine then the base model one does.

So if anyone has a spare they could sell me I'd greatly appreciate it, please DM me so we can talk price for the bracket.