Pro Solo Fontana 2006, Mini drivers rock

Old 03-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Built-by-Bones
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fontana 2006, Mini drivers rock

Just back in the office after the CA SCCA swing.

Great results for the team.

San Diego
Craig Wilcox smacked down the rest of GS big time. 1st place.
I trophied at a Tour for the first time. I was very pleased to run 2nd fastest times on Sunday. The power steering gave us issues on Friday and Saturday.

attempted to have Brecht Mini replace the power steering. Brecht Mini sucks.

Fontana

power steering issues after first runs Saturday (remember Brecht Mini sucks). weather issues all day Saturday, afternoon runs cancelled.

Sunday, clear weather. Dawn Maxwell graciously lends her Mini to Craig and myself. 2nd drivers (the slow ones from Saturday) have an advantage in driving 5 minutes later, on a slightly drier course. I sneak into 3rd spot but cannot catch Hurricane Hernandez or Beth Strelnieks. My first ProSolo trophy.
Mary jumps into the Jensen mobile, many, many thanks. She finishes first in L1, but loses to Annie Bauer in the Ladies challenge.

My fellow Mini drivers rock. thanks to Matt and Jake and Dawn for offering rides in their cars to our 4 drivers. Most gracious, and very sporting. True gentlemen and ladies.

See you all at Atwater.

Bones Barclay

Old 03-14-2006, 12:17 PM
MattMan
Coordinator :: Minis Under the Arches (Oct 25-28)
Originally Posted by Built-by-Bones

attempted to have Brecht Mini replace the power steering. Brecht Mini sucks.

power steering issues after first runs Saturday (remember Brecht Mini sucks). weather issues all day Saturday, afternoon runs cancelled.
I 2nd that motion. Bad experience with them before as well.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MattMan
I 2nd that motion. Bad experience with them before as well.
I 3rd that notion. All Mini owners should boycott Brecht Mini. They suck azz IMO. What kind of dealer refuses to replace a power steering pump thats bad when thats a very very common problem with the Mini's? A-holes IMO.

Anyway, now for the good stuff! Great driving Grant! You are becoming a force to be reconned with!!! I might just start turning the A/C on your car after each of my runs to slow you down a bit when I'm co-driving! Which, by the way, I definitely appreciate, so, thanks for the co-drive. Also, I would like to thank Dawn Maxwell for loaning us the car Sunday as well, that was very cool, hopefully I can return the favor some day.

Oh, thanks to Matt Jensen and Waylan Hunsucker for the Ft Myers loan/coilover/STX swap too. You guys worked so so hard and I came up .6 short for the team. I appreciate the effort/loan though.

I have to completely agree with Grant, You Mini guys are just so damn cool, I just can't thank you enough. :-)

Craig