PDX MINI Club The PDX MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pdxmini.org

I'd like to recognize...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:08 PM
shooler
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to recognize...

This is a bit long, but worthy of reading....
I would like to take a moment to recognize a few PDX-Mini members. I recently decided my Mini was in need of a rediculously large big brake kit. I contacted D-i-c-k Graves about using his beautiful new shop to do the install, and he agreed. I also asked Allan and Bronson if they would like to attend to provide assistance and direction. This all started last Sunday. I bet now all wished they had "other plans".
As it turned out, Allen ended up doing all of the install (on his days off), and it hasn't been without issues. Even after a few parts runs (Thank you D-i-c-k, John, Bronson and Allen), we were unable to complete the job Sunday due to some wrong brackets and a trashed brake line. The parts arrived the following Thursday and Allan (once again, his day off) finished the job for me. They work and look great!
I would like to thank Allen for his selflessness. He is very good at what he does and I completely trust him (after all, it is brakes). More than once, he has donated his time to help club members with seemingly unsurmountable (at least for me) tasks that have saved all of us quite a bit of $ and potential misery (like not being able to stop ). He is a great person and an asset to the club.
I would also like to thank D-i-c-k and Becky, Bronson and John for all their help. Without Bronson (sorry Tania!), I would still be hoofing it home (Sherwood to Sandy is quite a ways).
Times like these remind me of how wonderful this club is. It's a great feeling to be associated with so many awesome people! BTW-leave your Xenon headlamps alone! That's a whole other story...

Last edited by shooler; 07-05-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh man..........glad mine went as smooth as it did. Yep, those guys are the greatest and I would add old John R. to that list without hesitation. He and D ick spent an entire day helping me with my suspension install earlier this year.

PDXMINI ROCKS ! !

Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Gr0mit
1st Gear
ABSOLUTELY!

I'll second Shooler's comments. All present (and even those there only in spirit) have been an unending source of support as we tinker with our cars. Not only that, they've become great friends too. Thanks for all the help!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Glad to have been asked to be there! I'm sorry I wasn't more help. But, when you've got Allen (within arms reach of an automobile) in the midst, that renders most of us mortals pretty useless. Apart from providing moral support, I suppose. Which is all I really did anyway.

Who would you rather have turning wrenches on an install like that anyway, eh? Had I been more hands on, it would've taken a month and you'dve ended up in the weeds on the shakedown run.

A big thanks to you, Big A, for lending your extensive expertise, patience, and as it turned out...hands on hard labor. I learn something new each time I'm around ya, dude! .

Glad I was able to help somehow, even if it was merely shuffing people around and chasing elusive parts.

Oh, BTW.... POST PICS! The system is HUGE!. Todd at TCE Performance....(plug)

(un-plug)

....really knows his braking systems, despite managing to ship a few erroneuous parts, and ship non-fitting replacements USPS instead of Fed Ex or something that guarantees on-time delivery) the kit is pretty impressive. Makes the Brembo kit on my car look positively skimpy.

I'll now patiently wait for shooler to do the worlds first endo...in a new MINI.

Did I say, post pics? Yes I did.... so.... POST PICS!

Last edited by JCW Driver; 07-06-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:22 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Also, sorry for Gr0mit getting hosed on the lift time at D and B's house. Gotta love modding. Never goes as planned.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
OK, Tania took a pic!:

Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Methius
2nd Gear
I was glad to finally see them in person! Those brakes were the size of my head

I would also like to thank Allen for his help with my "shaking motor syndrome"... It took less than 10 minutes to locate 2 SHOT motor mounts, and a SHOT power steering fan.

Thanks again Allen

Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
iceckid
3rd Gear
Amazing!, and those brakes are just so huuugeee. nice work

Old 07-10-2007, 03:47 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Methius
I was glad to finally see them in person! Those brakes were the size of my head

I would also like to thank Allen for his help with my "shaking motor syndrome"... It took less than 10 minutes to locate 2 SHOT motor mounts, and a SHOT power steering fan.

Thanks again Allen
Aha!!! Now I know who this is!! Nice to see ya yesterday during my crazy monday!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Methius
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jaridp
Aha!!! Now I know who this is!! Nice to see ya yesterday during my crazy monday!
haha yeah... glad I got kicked off my flight.. finally got the motor mounts all in stalled... holy power off the line!