Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

Watch out on service costs at Rass MINI

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
jrprich
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Watch out on service costs at Rass MINI

Well I checked with the only MINI Dealer in Portland about getting my CVT Trans fluid changed on my 04 MC.........here was the reply

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 6:31 AM
To: Jim
Subject: RE: O Service Appointment Request (Rasmussen MINI)
It is around $340...the fluid alone is 100.25 and the time to do it is the rest of the cost...
Debra

Seems outrageous to me. No wonder most users don't get theirs changed

ANYONE have any alternate suggestions on getting the CVT fluid changed in the PDX area ?

Old 05-12-2008, 07:35 AM
psb
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been wanting to talk with pacific motorsports (on powel i think) whom are a local indipendent BMW shop to see about them working on my mini when i am done with the dealer/warranty.

they are from what i have heard a great honest shop and they do work on Minis. do a web search as they have a web site.

good luck!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 AM
jrprich
3rd Gear
Some possible alternatives in PDX, but I don't have pricing from any as yet.........as they come in I will post them below

http://www.pacificmotorsportsonline.com/

http://www.mini-madness.com/

http://www.arautoservice.net/ $235.00

Last edited by jrprich; 05-12-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:28 AM
KD7LAG
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My service experience was somewhat mixed at RM. I made an appointment and indicated that these were SOLID dates and times as my schedule is as busy as theirs. They DID get me in on time (kudos) and back out in the time we agreed on. GREAT JOB there. Now for the bad. They wouldn't reset the oil change interval odometer because I was "due for my major inspection". Well, of course I just reset it myself. It's not a SERVICE REMINDER indicator it's an oil change reminder. DUH!!! So, I will still take my vehicle there for service but if I hadn't been a mechanic in my past life I would have just believed them and not had an accurate oil change reminder. There are some nic-nak things that need to be addressed with my mini and I'll have them do that but I felt like not resetting the reminder was a back handed way of getting me back in there. I wouldn't call it a negative experience. Not at all. I just thought they may have communicated with me at a different level. I'm not new. I do recommend Rassmussen. You just need to be informed BEFORE you go see them.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Bigshot
6th Gear
Actually it is a sevice reminder........oil changes are just part of it.

And I would not recomend MM as a service alternative. Check with the local MINI club for some recommendations.