service engine soon light

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
alamomini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
service engine soon light

39,000 miles and change and the service engine light comes on. My guess was correct and it was the O2 Sensor. But wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's more! ECU Replacement!!!! yep thats right..

Ok enough of the dr house style diagnosis.

Wednesday I was on my way home and before getting on the freeway I noticed that my Service Engine Soon light was illuminated.
I immediately went over to mini of concord to make an appointment.
David was not there, but his colleague was. I did not get your name but you are an angel for setting up my appointment for today!. remind me to get you a latte next time I come in.
On to the story!
David took in the car, had it diagnosed and then called me at noon to tell me that I was correct in my assumption and it was the 02 sensor. But he said there is another problem. The ecu is bad and it will have to be replaced. I figured that the car would be in over the weekend, but once again the boys at mini of concord have surpassed my expectations and David informs me that the car will be washed and ready by closing time. Hey it even smelled good when I got in.

David,
You need to really print out this post and start some sort of customer comment bulletin board because you get mad props for being probably the best mini service advisor in the bay area. I have not dealt with the other dealerships but why ruin perfection.
Thanks man.
You saved the day once more.
I owe you a frappacuino.

Patrick