winechic
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good plan. It is a wild drive.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:00 AM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
So is there a plan yet? Anything set up... seems as if everything is still pending!!!! Let me know the official word!

Old 11-16-2004, 10:09 AM
sfjames2
6th Gear
We just need to know where to meet everyone.

My wife and I are down for some motoring.
We will bring some maps we have from previous runs in the area to show you guys just in case anyone is interested.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 AM
mini_one
Coordinator :: U.S. MINI Club (Long Island)
USMiniClub.com Winery Rally on Long Island.

Hi there,

We are in progress to plan a Winery Rally on Long Island either 1st two weeks in December or after the 1st of the year. At this time we are in contact with six local LI wineries offering us tours, and up to 15% discounts on purchases. We also have investigated B&B's for the ones whom want to stay after drinking too much. The specific dates have not been planned yet so your suggestions are welcome. The scheduled Rally dates will depend on the club member’s choice. If interested, you are very welcome join us and to participate at www.USMiniClub.com the new NY Long Island chapter. Right now we have a small shop running, but in next couple of weeks there will be a full chat-room and forum with members gallery for everyone to post so com on in. We have families, singles and just plain folks whom enjoy driving MC’s!

Your Host,

Paul - Mini_One.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:59 AM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
Sorry I have been a little quiet for the last few days, I may have to work on Saturday and may miss the run (I won't know for sure until Friday)...

I don't know who's planning this, and what the agenda is with the exception of one particular winery and a drive, but for those of you who miss this run, Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts will be planning a run (maybe a couple of days) in the spring or early next fall including those places I eluded to in prior posts.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:16 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
James, would you be able to lead the way up to Lake Sonoma again?? Maybe we should just hit a few wineries in Napa and head up there... it would make for some great pics for GCM.

Ok, so lets say this is the plan... I will post this on the GCM forums as well.

1. Bay area meeting point #1: 880/680 Junction on Mission Boulevard in Fremont. Meeting Time:8:00AM

From South Bay Area head to 880 either via 237 or 101 depending on where you are coming from. Take 880 North to Mission Boulevard/680. There is a large parking lot on the right hand side once you go through the first intersection. That is where we will meet.

2. Bay Area Meetin Point #2: 680/80 Intersection at the Saturn Dealership.
Meeting Time: 9:00 AM
If you are headed east on 80, this will be on the right hand side. Since I have never actually gotten off here, Im not sure the name of the exit but I believe it is the very last exit before 680. Coming west I really dont know. The dealership is immediately after 680 on the right hand side. If you are coming from the south bay area, simply follow me there.

Map from their website: http://www.saturn.com/comp/dealer_lo...jhtml?nav=3000

3. Final Meeting Point: St Supery Vineyard in Rutherford CA. Meeting Time: 9:45-10:00 (roughly)

This vineyard is directly off of highway 29 on the eastern side... so if you are headed north on 29, it will be on the right, south it will be on the left. Here is a map from their website:

http://www.stsupery.com/visit/direct.html

If anyone gets lost you can call my cell phone: 408-515-6306
I will do my best to get you on your way.

I think we will hit a couple of wineries in the Napa area and then we can have James lead us up to Lake Sonoma where there are some awesome views and a few twisties on the way up. From there, who knows.... if people are up for it we can head out towards the coast/Jenner area for some more amazing views and some really great picture spots.

See ya all on Saturday

-jason

Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
sfjames2
6th Gear
I thought you'd never ask......hell yeah we'll lead the way up there.

The wifey and I were also going to continue on out to the coast, we got a new 8 mega pixel camera too for the pics. Let's do it!

Old 11-17-2004, 03:34 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Sounds like a plan! I cannot wait. Email has been sent to the folks at GCM.. hopefully some of them can make it even with short notice!

Old 11-17-2004, 04:18 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
WOOHOO!! A PLAN! So to the coast we shall go! Lets do that little off road spot again for some nice pics. Lyle cant make it cuz hes got service at EBM

Old 11-17-2004, 07:46 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Thats too bad about Lyle. Do we know how many MINIs are going to be there? There are a couple of cool places to take some photos along highway 1 off the coast. I took a few when I went through Napa/Sonoma Country last time...

Old 11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
So did we. James showed us a REALLY awesome spot off the road a bit. As far as I know, its just james w\ wife and kid, me, you, and winechic with a maybe from zied. We will see who actually shows up tho.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
As always, the more the merrier!!! It will be fun no matter what. Especailly with winechick as a tour guide... sounds like she is going to show us a great time with the wine! Oh geez that was lame. Sorry!

Old 11-17-2004, 09:32 PM
ultramini
2nd Gear
Lunch at Napa

Hi All,

My wife and I will also like to join the trip to Napa. I wonder where do we plan to stop for lunch? Also, do we need to bring a walkie talkie?

Thank you for organize the drive.

UltraMINI

Old 11-17-2004, 09:48 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Bring the walkie talkie.. channel 14 sub channel 21, Camera and a full tank of gas...

Where are you coming from?

Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 PM
ultramini
2nd Gear
From Milpitas, South Bay. I will meet with the first group Between 680 and 880.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:08 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Sounds good. I am hoping to place a MINIcache somewhere along our trip... I am sure that I will find a few great locations. I need to get some stuff together for it though and have it all ready to place...

Old 11-17-2004, 11:01 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
Good to see you joining us Ultramini. Ill see you at 680/880

Old 11-18-2004, 08:59 AM
winechic
4th Gear
I am not sure how much time I can spend with you all on Saturday. I have a thing that evening and then have to make a 3AM run to SFO Sunday morning. Lots of cleaning and packing needs to happen on Saturday. Plus I am radioless, anyone have nextel? I'll let you all know for sure tomarrow.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:13 PM
pefloresjr
3rd Gear
We're in for Saturday. WineChic, you can use our second radio if you promise to root for Stanford in the Big Game. (I know that even that won't help though!) Also, if you have to leave for SFO at 3:00 am, you should just stay up and do your own late night SF run!

Steph and I will hook up with the group at the Saturn dealership at 9:00.

Cheers,

Old 11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
Awesome! See you guys there!

Old 11-19-2004, 09:19 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
So everything is looking good for tomorrow. Just picked up (borrowed) a few extra lenses for my D70 so we can have some great photo sessions hopefully tomorrow. Checked the weather throughout the area... supposed to be just under 70, but windy so thats good... Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!! See ya tomorrow morning!

Old 11-19-2004, 09:23 PM
JCampos
6th Gear
Yup! So I think it will be 6 of us? Maybe 7? James, 2 from GCM, 2 from south bay, winechic and MAYBE zied.... think a few others will turn out?

Old 11-19-2004, 09:42 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Hope so. Its much better with more MINIs!!! There should be some great photo ops tomorrow as well. I am looking forward to taking some great photos. I gotta keep up with the best on the forum, DiD, Hafid BlacknBlue... and all the others I forgot. I love seeing their shots- it makes me want to just shoot MINIs all day long!

Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 PM
winechic
4th Gear
Well the guy and I are a bit sick tonight but we are gonna hit the sac in a few minutes and hopefully hook up with you all at 10AM at St. Supry. We looked over a map of wineries and picked four or five of the prettiest so you all can get good pics. We figure we can pick two or three once we meet up. Hopefully we will see yall tomarrow. Lunch is Healdsburg or Calistoga will be in order.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:14 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Good Times... Good memories!

Good to see and meet everyone!!! I had a blast. Great trip and great roads by SFJames. Had a good time. I post the pics on the GCM board... there is about 15 pics in all... didn't want to throw them all up here just to give a warning to the dial up folks!!!! Anyways here is the link

Wine Country Photos

Quick Reply: Mini's and Wine: Sonoma/Napa