Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:29 AM
ESA1179
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AfterMarket Headlights

Hello all..
2017 R55 owner here...
I would like to replace the OEM headlights with those that have more distance.
My teen drives the car and will be driving after dark, when the days get shorter.
I would like to give her all the tools for a safer night time drive.
Any advice as to which lamps ?
Should I also replace the replace the fog lamps ?

Many thanks!

Mark
Sacramento, CA

Last edited by ESA1179; 09-07-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:39 PM
DDriver
1st Gear
If it's 2017 model year then you probably mean f55.

Look into upgraded light bulbs. If you have base plain headlamps then you can look into Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA, zXe High Performance, Philips CrystalVision and alike.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 AM
OGwoody
1st Gear
on my previous vehicle I wasn't satisfied with normal bulbs. I went with the upgraded model's kit that came standard on the vehicle (from Subaru WRX to STI headlight housings purchased on Ebay). They came with the housings, ballasts, and HID bulbs. It required some retro fit to allow for the beam adjustment dial from the cockpit.
Now I own a 2017 MINI Cooper Hardtop, with the clear LED headlights as the upgraded option. I love them.

I found several MINIs sitting in junkyards on Craigslist last night. Some were Cooper S which normally come standard with the projector LEDs. I would suggest going that route, and keep it MINI. You may find some low mileage headlights for a good price to fit your needs.

on the previous post, yes upgraded bulbs would make a little difference. It's up to you to decide if you want significant difference or better bulbs.
​​​​​​​
Good luck