New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Boston Area MINI Gathering 11/16/02 - Please Join Us!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 08:26 PM
PureSilver
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...main problems for them is parking."

Yeah, but we won't take up much room with our MINIs!

At last count this afternoon, we had about a dozen MINIs willing to brave the weather tomorrow. We should only need about 6 parking spaces.

See ya in the AM.
Ronda

Old 11-16-2002, 11:43 AM
GBMINI
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey everyone ... great to see you all; and wonderful to watch peoples reactions seeing 12(?) MINIs driving around the North Shore in convoy.

I have put up the (large amount) of photos I took onto my companys web site; I will leave them there for at least a week ...
Sorry I am not a web page programmer (I do assembler instead)! So if anyone wants to make a nicer web site, that is fine - feel free to download/print/whatever the pictures there.
And if anyone wants me to make a CDR copy for them, or prints, then just email me.

Go to MiniPics (hope it works!)

Lets do it all again soon :smile:

Old 11-16-2002, 12:37 PM
duckboy74
2nd Gear

Also had a really good time today... Thanks to everyone who helped
organize! It was cool to finally meet some local MINIacs... Great pics
Ian.

Can't wait for the next one!

-Pete

Old 11-16-2002, 02:29 PM
garycoopers
Neutral
Fun time today can't wait till spring thanks for the invite.
PS really cool pic's!

See you all soon
Gary King

Old 11-16-2002, 04:12 PM
MotorinGirl
3rd Gear
Well, I'm most definitely a Mini of Peabody convert now -- what a great facility! Sayonara, Herb Chambers.

Awesome photos! Makes me even more sorry that my husband and I didn't join you all on the road trip. We didn't end up taking his old Porsche b/c of the rain, and the Saab we brought just wouldn't have measured up with your gorgeous Mini convoy, so we ducked out after the group photo at the dealership. Hopefully we can bring Blanche to future events in 2003 (she arrives in January)!

Hope to see you all back in Peabody on December 7th --

-Kara :smile:

Old 11-16-2002, 04:42 PM
snid
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MINI attempts to drive through snowstorm.
Succeeds.
The End.

Jason (aka snid, aka velVeT)

Old 11-16-2002, 04:44 PM
snid
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Obviously, I made it back to Vermont just fine.

Did anyone else who drove through some winter weather have issues with their windshield wipers? Mine iced up really badly (especially the driver's side). I think I'm going to have to look for some new wiper blades for winter.

Jason

Old 11-16-2002, 05:19 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
Jason,
As I said on RoadFly ... glad to hear you are back safe; and it seems you took the snow with you :smile:

I have tried to edit together the final pics (at Woodmans) into a panorama ... here is my best shot:
LotsOfMINIs
Or a small version:
LotsOfMINIs

Only ten MINIs there by the time I took these pics - lets hope for more next time!

Jet Black / White roof Mini Cooper, Combo 1, 2 & 3 and rally lights :smile:
LotsOfMINIs

Old 11-16-2002, 05:46 PM
cscholz
1st Gear
Hey MINIacs,

We had a great turnout for the drive and dine today.

Ian, those pictures are great! Thanks for posting them. I'm going to do the same shortly and I'll send a link around. I'll also email the list of attendees. We'll definitely have to do another one soon.

Kara, yes, I plan to be at the Dec. 7 event at Peabody. I'll see you there. I'm sorry you missed the drive - it was a blast.

Carl

Old 11-16-2002, 06:07 PM
johnniesan
Neutral
Great pics, Ian -- thanks! It was great to meet everyone today. And special thanks to Rhonda for letting me ride (and drive, for heaven's sake!) with her today while I wait one last week for a MINI of my own.

johnniesan

Old 11-16-2002, 07:03 PM
PureSilver
2nd Gear
Hey Johnniesan, You're welcome! Anytime! I can't wait to take a ride in your new EB MCS on the next MINI run. Hey, I'll let you borrow that CD if you want some good motoring tunes on your Christmas trip to Michigan.

Thanks everyone, I had a blast. (My fingers and toes are still thawing out, thank goodness for those seat warmers). I'm so glad I finally got the chance to put faces to the names on these forums.

GREAT pics Ian, thanks for posting them, I'll post mine soon with a link from here so you can all have copies.

Jason, glad you made it back to Vermont safely, looks like it was a bit hairy. Guess those snows are doin' their job.

See ya all in Peabody on Dec. 7th for the accessories sale.
Ronda

Old 11-16-2002, 07:10 PM
cscholz
1st Gear
Okay, I got my photos downloaded and uploaded. Here's my favorite (my wife Leah took it):

The full set is here:
Boston Area MINI Meet

Let's think about another gathering mid-winter.

Carl

Old 11-16-2002, 08:20 PM
PureSilver
2nd Gear
GREAT! Thanks Carl. I think I need more storge space for all of these great photos.

Old 11-17-2002, 06:41 AM
johnniesan
Neutral
Excellent! Can't wait for the next one. Here's a few more pics to add to the mix:

http://mummy.home.attbi.com/20021116-MINI-meet/

johnniesan

Old 11-17-2002, 06:50 AM
SkAlex
4th Gear
>>Ill be there with my MCS (w/TV!) and my MC. see ya sat!

Do you have the Navigation-TV instalation? I really wanted to hear from someone that had this done.

Old 11-17-2002, 08:10 AM
GBMINI
6th Gear
John - I see you and Ronda went back to the Red Barrel to get the old+new pic; excellent! Thanks for doing that ...

Let us know when you get your new MINI.

Old 11-17-2002, 02:36 PM
johnniesan
Neutral
Yes Ian, we did! I'd be happy to send you or anyone else higher-res versions of any of my pics if you like. And I'll certainly let you all know when my MINI finally arrives.

Cheers,
johnniesan

Old 11-17-2002, 04:12 PM
gadgetgav
Neutral
Great to meet you all yesterday. Now I'm really regretting not re-arranging my day so that I could join the drive... That's the last time I believe the weather forecasters..!
Hopefully by the time the next one comes around, my wife and I can form our own mini, MINI convoy... My S should arrive in December.
Unforutately we'll be out of town on the 7th, but I'm sure there will be other events.

Old 11-17-2002, 04:21 PM
gadgetgav
Neutral
By the way... did you guys all manage to keep together on Rt1..?
Coming out of the Peabody dealership in convoy is not the easiest task, despite Herach's best efforts.!!!
They need to make a MINI feeder lane..!

Old 11-17-2002, 05:21 PM
GBMINI
6th Gear
GadgetGav,
Yes ... you definitely should have joined us - it was great fun! Hopefully next time; I did not realize you were keeping the red MC when your MSC comes in ...

I drove at the back of the pack - which was the *BEST* place because I could see the reactions of people we passed, when they saw TWELVE MINIs in convoy.

We were split up initially on Rt1 and 128, but by the 1A junction on 128, we were back in convoy ... some cars "in the midst" definitely noticed the convoy and got out of the way so we could all stay together.
I was very impressed with how we all managed to stay locked together through Manchester, Magnolia and Gloucester.

Who was it that peeled off on 128 when we headed for Woodmans in Essex?

Old 11-21-2002, 07:41 PM
pezboy
5th Gear
Maybe next time I will be able to hang out also.

I actually was there at Peabody Saturday morning picking up my BRG S. I think I pulled out around 10:15 or so. I saw the beginnings of the gathering, but I had to jet and catch a flight that left at 11:25. Put a quick 20 miles on it driving home, turns out my dad put 80 on it while I was away for a few days!

Oh well. I will be at the Accessory Sale thingy on Dec. 7th.

Old 11-26-2002, 07:07 AM
walkerjay
1st Gear
yeah, I have a tv setup with dvd go to http://www.semi.nu/jay/mini for some pics and video of install stuff.

Old 12-02-2002, 09:21 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
OK, this time I'll be there... What time are people planning on being at the Peabody dealership? I'm probably not in the market for any accessories, but I'd love to get a group drive going if people are up for it. Did you guys go all the way around Cape Ann last time, or just Gloucester? That would be a great drive, or maybe even up 1A into New Hampshire to one of the beaches. I have no idea which places are still open for lunch in December...

Hopefully I'll figure out the installation for my Moss air intake and Magnecor plug wires by then! I'm not the most mechanically inclined person you'll ever run across, but I shudder to think what a shop would charge to install these for me, especially since I keep hearing how simple they are. I'll bring them along (tools too) if anyone knowledgeable would like to roll up their sleeves in return for a free lunch!

Old 12-03-2002, 08:15 AM
cscholz
1st Gear
[I just posted this on roadfly.org as well]

I just got some details from the folks at MINI of Peabody (MA). They are definitely having an event this Saturday (12/7). They'll have all in-stock merchandise on sale (not "performance" parts), give-aways, door prizes and catered food. It's from 10-4, with food from 11:30-2:30. Sounds like a fun MINI afternoon.

They ask that you RSVP so they can gauge the catering needs. Please call their receptionist at 978-536-0088. I'll be there. I hope to see lots of you there.

As far as a drive goes, I guess it depends on the timing. I think I'll be at the dealer for lunch, but maybe after the event we could do something. I'd prefer to head west-ish, since that's more in the direction of home for me. :smile:

Old 12-03-2002, 08:41 AM
cscholz
1st Gear
>>Hopefully I'll figure out the installation for my Moss air intake and Magnecor plug wires by then! I'm not the most mechanically inclined person you'll ever run across, but I shudder to think what a shop would charge to install these for me, especially since I keep hearing how simple they are. I'll bring them along (tools too) if anyone knowledgeable would like to roll up their sleeves in return for a free lunch!

Chris - I'd love to help install those parts. The plug wires should be a no-brainer, but the air intake could take a little effort. I don't know about doing it this weekend unless they're willing to let us use their nice service bay.

But, I have a semi-heated garage and I'd love to work on it if you can wait until an evening next week. I live in Sudbury, so I'm not too far from Brookline. Let me know.

Carl

Quick Reply: Boston Area MINI Gathering 11/16/02 - Please Join Us!