Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio No SADRS ??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No SADRS ??? Help!

I'm hoping one of you can help me with a problem thats cropped up on my XM Direct Blitzsafe combo.

For a month or so I've had to reinitialize the radio with XM. That has worked, but now it won't. I pulled the XM Direct & Blitzsafe & reset all of the connections. Before I did this I could only receive channel 1, the preview channel. Now it says channel 1, but then says "No SADRS". Anyone have any idea what gives? Dead antenna, dead Blitzsafe, or dead XM Direct? I'm not very handy with electronics, but I can follow directions.

Thanks in advance......I need my XM.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey Crash

Depending on how old your Blitzsafe is - my three year old adapter crapped out on me recently. Contact Blitzsafe and they should RMA it for you - or if you're in need of your Opie and Anthony fix, order a new Blitzsafe adapter for myradiostore.com - talk to Ziggy - you won't need all the bits and he'll sell you a standalone adapter.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Thanks krut,

My XM setup has only been in there since February. I'm not very pleased with the reliability so far. I hope it's just one of those things & not a testament to their lack of quality. I have another XM direct sitting on the shelf to try. If it doesn't work then it's Blitzsafe thats tango uniform. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 05-28-2006, 06:35 PM
AntiqueCarNut
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same thing happen when I first installed the Blitzsafe. No SDARS means that the XM Direct isn't working. The XM Direct gets powered by the Blitzsafe and I suspect the internal 3AMP fuse in the Blitzsafe is blown.

Here's what to do:
  • Disconnect both Blitzsafe plugs from the MINI wiring harness
  • Use a small pocket screwdriver to pry the end cap off the Blitzsafe (it's glued on, but will come apart pretty easily)
  • Slide the circuit board out of the housing
  • Check the cables to be sure none of the wires are broken or have come un-crimped from the small connector that plug into the PC board. The red wire from the three pin power plug on mine was never crimped correctly. I soldered the wire back onto the pin.
  • Check the 3AMP mini fuse on the circuit board - it's probably blown. Replace only with another three amp fuse.
  • Button the whole assembly back up. No need to re-glue the end cap - it will hold due to the close fit.
  • When re-connecting the Blitzsafe to the harness, connect the cables in the order specified with the install instructions - otherwise the fuse may blow.
Hope that helps.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Yup.. you're right about the fuse - need to check and see if it's blown. If it's good and still a problem most likely your Blitz is fritzed.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Thanks CarNut!

I really appreciate the guidance. When I get a bit of time this week I'll have a look. I hope it's a blown fuse & not a fritzed Blitz.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Happy ending :-)

There's a happy ending to my story.

Yep it works again!!! Turns out the round multi contact plug that goes into the XM Direct was a loose connection. Guess that's why I had an intermittent problem for a while. I worked it a bit with a pair of small needle nosed pliers to get a better fit then I used the handy mans secret weapon. Duct Tape!!! That bad boy should stay put now. Now my car has two pieces of duct tape on it. Every car should have at least one piece.

Thanks again for your help & support.