Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio R55 Navi Update problems!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Semper Fi Huck
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
R55 Navi Update problems!

I have a 2012 S Clubman with the Mini connected navigation. It was last updated in 2016, so I decided to do an update. I did a lot of research and got a lifetime FSC code with North America MOVE 2019-7 maps. I downloaded, unzipped, and put all the files into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted 32 gig USB drive. I put the drive into the glovebox port and turned on the power. Everything was going great and got up to 10% uploaded into the car. Then the power shut off, because I was doing it in the accessory and not with the engine running since I was low on fuel. When I went back to turn it back on I couldn’t get it to continue updating, and the navigation that was on there will not work either. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to continue downloading, but I have not been able to so far. The directions from BMW say that it’s ok to shut off power during the update process, and that it will just pick up where it left off when it’s powered up again. Whenever I power it back up it tells me to put the USB drive back in even though it’s already in the port. So I remove and reinstall the USB drive and it goes back to the update progress screen, but just stays at 0%. After a while of showing nothing happening it kicks me back to the home screen, but when I select navigation again it just pops up the message saying to put the USB drive back in.
Does anyone know how to fix this, or is it corrupted and unfixable? If it cannot be reflashed or something, which part of the system do I need to swap out to get things working again? Also if I change out a part how do I get it mirrored up to my VIN so everything works together in my car? I hope that someone can help!