Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Harman Kardon speaker wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:23 AM
cavaliers60
2nd Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Harman Kardon speaker wiring

I am in the process of replacing the whole audio system in my Mini. I have the Harman system, and I’m familiarizing myself with the wire layout. I haven’t been able to figure out the wire SIZE though. I would assume they would be a heavier gauge wire to handle the extra power from the amp to the speakers compared to factory?

My my plan is to use the existing wiring. I will be replacing the speakers with some Infinity Kappa series speakers running off of the Infinity Kappa 4 channel amp sending up to 100 watts of power to each channel. These are component speakers, so I can separate the wires from the Harmon amp and hook them up to the crossovers that come with the speakers (that’s the goal anyways). But I want to make sure I get the full benefit of the new stuff.

The end end result will basically be the same setup. The tears will mostly be used for the low end so probably won’t hook up the tweeters there.

Everything will be ran from the Apline HU I installed using two RCA sends so I won’t be using the two factory sends.

So main question is if anyone knows the gauge of the Harman Kardon wiring.