Navigation & Audio 2017--just some notices

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Kazmini
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017--just some notices

Got my 2017 S 2dr fourteen months ago. Here are some audio/phone related issues, oddities, and some other cool stuff!

My iPhone 7 Plus is always up to date and always connected via bluetooth (hence, always connects when I get in the car), however:

-Sometimes, within the first thirty seconds of getting in and turning the ignition on, dialing out yields no bluetooth audio, although connection is clear. Simply switching my phone from bluetooth to iphone and then back to bluetooth does the trick, but annoying nonetheless.

-I am an audiophile and can tell you that 100% 320 files sound the same whether plugged in via USB or over bluetooth. On the flip side of that, my promoonly tracks that are 1440 contain far more depth when plugged in via USB. The depth is too much not to notice.

-Why oh why oh why oh why does being connected via bluetooth sometimes yield "no entries"...everywhere you guys know what I'm talking about! Why haven't they fixed this?

-To add to that, why do I sometimes go alllll the way through into a playlist, select a song from it...but then when I use the steering wheel to go to the next song it either says no entries, or sometimes it will say the next song but never move along. USB is much more accurate than bluetooth, but the issue happens sometimes when connected to either, more often over bluetooth.

-May I ask if anyone knows if there's a setting I've simply not discovered to take care of this issue: Google maps begins my route. She's chatting, but I've not yet turned up my volume on the steering wheel, so I can't hear her. When I do turn it up, bluetooth or usb, my music will start playing...so then I have to listen to music while she's talking until I pick my phone up and pause the music.

-I've begun to come to the realization that when in sport mode and plugged in via usb, whether volume is up or not, you don't get the "piped in" noises of the car. I swear, although that software in the car could also just be glitching, but seems obvious to me that the sound is different. I am not complaining...I wish I could turn that feature off entirely.

-Can't clearly find a solution to using a USB stick--I use one of those too and have zero steering wheel related issues. The issue with the usb is organization and I wonder if anyone's found a way to be able to throw on a playlist from iTunes (and it's files), but also just be able to have folders.

There are lots of cool things I've noticed in my MINI and I finally sat on the site to share a few, so if you have any fixes for the issues or comments, please share below!

Old 04-04-2018, 01:53 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Kazmini

-I am an audiophile and can tell you that 100% 320 files sound the same whether plugged in via USB or over bluetooth. On the flip side of that, my promoonly tracks that are 1440 contain far more depth when plugged in via USB. The depth is too much not to notice.

, so if you have any fixes for the issues or comments, please share below!
Im sorry, but the word audiophile, and music from a USB stick, (which Im assuming is MP3),
don't make sense in my head!!

If they are at least 44.1K 16 bit PCM files, I apologize.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Audiophile and MINI sound system don't work for me either. You can't really think the sound is great if you are playing 320 or full on CD rips in lossless flac or whatever.

USB stick is more than capable of very high resolution music files, which the DAC and HK crap-onents will render moot.

As to the piped in noises you refer to are easily coded out with Bimmercode app, or a physical harness from technicpnp.com .

The rest of the stuff I've heard from my wife on her car which has the fancier set up than my basic version. We've got no good answers for ya.