Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Shuffled playlists from iPhone "restart" every day

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:43 AM
twriter
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shuffled playlists from iPhone "restart" every day

I've been having an interesting issue, and it seems to me, although I did not track it formally to have actual data, that it began when I upgraded my (now ancient) iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 11.

I connect via Bluetooth, and I have a lengthy playlist that I've been listening to (shuffled) regularly for some time. Lately, and again, it seems to be since I upgraded to iOS 11, the first time I start the car every day, which is the first time my iPhone connects to the car Bluetooth every day, the playlist resets, or starts over. Only "reset" and "start over" aren't quite accurate. The playlist does not continue where it left off the last time I drove. It "restarts" at song 2 of the playlist. But that song 2 is different, so the playlist is clearly getting reshuffled, rather than repeating how it was shuffled the previous time it was started.

If I drive more than once in a day, the playlist continues where it left off--that day. This "reset" happens only at the beginning of a new day, and it seems to be consistent behavior.

I've connected to other rental cars via Bluetooth and I do not see this behavior, so I'm disinclined to think it is an iOS issue.

I know the software that controls the entire system is buggy. I've upgraded the software once, about a year ago. IN the current incarnation of the MINI Owner's Lounge, I can't even find a place where they share these updates anymore.

Anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, have you been able to do anything about it? I'm not thinking that bringing it to a dealer would solve a thing. Pretty much no one there knows anything about tech, and MINI itself would have zero incentive to fix software for a discontinued model.