Aftermarket Headunit - Constant 12+ missing and ACC setting =no sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 06:28 AM
Bohead
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Headunit - Constant 12+ missing and ACC setting =no sound

So my F56 originally came with the base stereo system. No navigation/screen and no HK audio. So I'm working on upgrading with an aftermarket head unit. I was able to get the system setup and mounted. Using a Scosche wire harness I got everything up and running but am running into 2 issues:

1. The 12+ constant from the wire harness doesn't seem to actually be constant. When the mini shuts off, after about 10 minutes it also cuts power. This lines up with the ecu and other accessories (like lights) powering off. So my question to you is, where else (other than running a line direct to the battery) can one get power? I was thinking the cigarette lighter and maybe grabbing from the fuse? But I can't for the life of me figure out which fuse is for the lighter. I bought the mini used so the diagram in the fuse box is missing.

2. When I put the Mini is ACC, (press the start button once without pressing the clutch) everything powers up EXCEPT THERE IS NO SOUND??!?!? I'm thinking the original head unit would send a signal to the amps to power up? Anyone know which wire/colour on the original harness handled this signal? Would it be as simple as connecting the remote lead from my aftermarket head unit?

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate all ideas. That's what the forums are for!!!

Old 05-06-2022, 12:07 AM
Mr Meowgi
2nd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Bohead
So my F56 originally came with the base stereo system. No navigation/screen and no HK audio. So I'm working on upgrading with an aftermarket head unit. I was able to get the system setup and mounted. Using a Scosche wire harness I got everything up and running but am running into 2 issues:

1. The 12+ constant from the wire harness doesn't seem to actually be constant. When the mini shuts off, after about 10 minutes it also cuts power. This lines up with the ecu and other accessories (like lights) powering off. So my question to you is, where else (other than running a line direct to the battery) can one get power? I was thinking the cigarette lighter and maybe grabbing from the fuse? But I can't for the life of me figure out which fuse is for the lighter. I bought the mini used so the diagram in the fuse box is missing.

2. When I put the Mini is ACC, (press the start button once without pressing the clutch) everything powers up EXCEPT THERE IS NO SOUND??!?!? I'm thinking the original head unit would send a signal to the amps to power up? Anyone know which wire/colour on the original harness handled this signal? Would it be as simple as connecting the remote lead from my aftermarket head unit?

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate all ideas. That's what the forums are for!!!
I believe fuse number 52 is the one you're looking for. As far as the stereo lead I'm not sure. I kept the head unit and just added an amp and subs. Used a line out converter wire to the under the seat subs. Thicker red/black and brown/black between rear amp and going through door jamb at the edge of the back seat