Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Media bridge broken, moving to HK Enabler and new HUI

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Patton Dickson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Media bridge broken, moving to HK Enabler and new HUI

My daughter's 2006 Mini came with a dice mediabridge installed from the previous owner. This was being used with the HK headunit without nav

The Bluetooth connection was spotty so I decided to upgrade the firmware to the latest version as it was the original. Unfortunately after the upgrade the only feature that works on the mediabridge is the USB and will no longer connect to Bluetooth at all.

I need to get Bluetooth working in this car again, so I think I need to get an HK enabler and update to a modern head unit. What single DIN receivers have people use with success, any that seem to work better with the HK enabler?

Finally if anyone has an HK enabler they want to sell Stateside I'd be interested otherwise I'll have to order it from the UK

Old 10-14-2017, 01:12 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
For a quick and inexpensive solution, you might consider a Bluetooth adapter, in combination with an OEM aux input jack, or even simpler, one that has FM transmitter.
Amazon Amazon

Old 10-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Patton Dickson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all of the hands free laws going into effect, I want to get here a unit that can be controlled with SIRI. I'm going to have to go modern to do that. All said and done, it doesn't sound like its going to be hard, I just need to find the right unit.