Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio iPhone Pairing with 2010 R55: What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 05:46 AM
scottyb043
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
iPhone Pairing with 2010 R55: What am I doing wrong?

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a new to me, 2010 R55 JCW. Love the car. Its a nice change to my commute from my R53.

That said, I am having no luck whatsoever with pairing my iPhone 7 with the car's bluetooth.... its making me crazy! I take business calls during my commute, so this is something i'd really like to solve.

I've done all of the usual tips; purged all of the other phones from the car's bluetooth list, tried resetting the network settings from my iPhone followed by a hard reboot, attempted pairing while the phone was in airplane mode with BT turned on, even tried all of the same with my wife's iPhone 6 and an iPad.... all to no avail. Same thing happens every-time. The car shows up on the phones, it goes into the pairing process, but the pairing is never successful. I checked the mini-connected webpage and ran my VIN, to which it says my car is up to date.

My wife has a work Blackberry, i'm going to give that a try just to see if this is an apple specific issue, or if the car just doesn't want to connect.

Any top tips? Has anyone actually paired an iPhone 7 on a 2010?

Thanks

Old 09-23-2017, 11:45 AM
scottyb043
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Disregard... Turns out i'm a moron.

When the car was prompting for a code during the pairing process, I didn't realize that I needed to actually create a code. I had just been waiting for a code to appear on my phone in order to key it into the car.

Anyway, delighted to finally have workable BT in a car.