Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Harman Part# ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Rakillia
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harman Part# ?

Hello,
I am one of the lucky ones with a broken Harman amp in my 2013 MCS Convertible. I'm getting confused on which amp to buy off eBay. The model# is HS9599 which I have found in the $200-$300 range. But I read somewhere that the D-Muster must match. Mine is D-Muster 9296629 AI:01 I can't find that number anywhere for sale. What # do I need to match for a replacement? Are the pinouts different on different models? Also with this being such a common problem I'm surprised there is not a refurb market. Any companies take the old amp for a core charge?

Old 08-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
realoem.com for part numbers.

consider buying a https://technicpnp.com/ harness and a real amp with more power. the owner of that company can make a recommendation.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Rakillia
Neutral
I'm trying to avoid a project. I worked pro audio for 10 years so I know how to wire a system. I'm sure if I did the research I could find an after market amp but with the crossovers and dsp all inside the amp it would be difficult. I read that its a 2 ohm system and I'm assuming that its wired in parallel so I'd have to wire it in series to get the ohms up. I know Harman is a terrible company that likes to buy and ruin good pro audio companies like JBL,AKG. The system doesn't even sound that good but right now I'd rather just spend the money on an eBay amp, plug it in and get back to rocking my face off.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Rakillia
Neutral
Thank You Minnie. I figured it out thanks to realoem.com. The D-muster is the last 7 digits of the part# Using the oem list I can see which amps are the same. Though I'm not sure what "bilaterally exchangeable" means. "Exchangeable retrospectively" I'm guessing means backwards compatible.