Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio CD Changer woes

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:22 PM
datjams
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Changer woes

Sometimes the CD changer mechanism gets stuck in my R53 2005 MCS Cabrio. I remove the unit, open it, and am able to ease the disc back into the magazine. Not this time. It won't budge at all. Tried lubing the points recommended on a YouTube video posted by a nice Irish chap. Tried reinstalling the unit anyway. Got some of the usual noises, then the "No Magazine" readout on the head unit LED display, and then the head unit acts as if there's no changer connected at all. Checked the fuse in the inside compartment; it seems fine. Also tried connecting another changer I have; same result, although it has no magazine in it. Appreciate any thoughts folks have.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I had a remote BMW changer in my 98 540 and had similar issues. Eventually logic won out and I found an iPhone integration that was plug and play into the changer wiring. No more CD's in that car.

Probably not what you were looking for.