Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Nexus 6P bluetooth randomly stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:11 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nexus 6P bluetooth randomly stopped working

I've used my nexus 6P's Bluetooth ever since I got the car about 4 months ago with no issues connecting, calling, or playing media through the speakers. This past weekend I was doing some mountain runs with some other mini owners and after about 6 hours through North Georgia we decide to leave and head back home.

The whole time I had my phone playing music, but on the drive back it started to cut out and I lost functionality (next, previous, play/pause). Eventually that stopped altogether and I tried reconnecting the phone. The mini showed my phone but it didn't let me choose audio. I could check the box but it wouldn't save the option. My phone displays connected (no media).
Have any fellow nexus 6P owners had this issue in the past couple of months? I have mini Connected on a 2012 r56S.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in case anyone else gets this issue, I disconnected my Bluetooth, "forgot" the phone on my car and "forgot" the car on my phone and let it stay disconnected for a couple days. I reconnected my Bluetooth and everything worked fine. Not sure why I had to do that, but it's working again