Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Upgrade my audio Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 05:47 AM
malsalah
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade my audio Head Unit

I am thinking to upgrade the Audio head unit on my 2006 Cooper S Convertible, would like to get a Bluetooth, USB, and Aux output, also able to change colors to match, and be able my iPhone 6 plus or soon to be iPhone 7 plus. I was at CarTunes yesterday and they recommended the Alpine CDE164BT. Wondering if anyone recently upgraded their audio head unit...What did you get? Are you happy? Any feedback good or bad ones?
Are the stockspeakers (Harmon Kardon) good enough for the new unit. Thinking To talk to local BestBuy and get their feedback. Should I go to BestBuy?

Also what do you use to mount your iPhone 6 plus (larger phone) I had Flexpod/CravenSpeed on my 08 Mini Cooper S which don't fit on my 06. Wondering if other nice options out there, what do you use. Need to sell the one for the 08 Cooper S since I can't use it if anyone interested. Appreciate all responses please. Thank you so much.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:55 PM
wvcruffler
1st Gear
HK amp

Does your car have the HK Amp? You might need the HK enabler. Otherwise a straight swap in may not work.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:59 PM
malsalah
2nd Gear
I don't really know if I do or not...I will check.