Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Thots on Sony XPlod Headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:30 AM
OpusMini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was paging through the Crutchfield catalog and the head unit that jumped out at me is this Sony CDX-MP70. It seems to have a some positive features for a MCS. The faceplate would seem to integrate well, there's a red/orange light scheme and it's primary value seems to be its anti-skip technology. I want to learn more about how to integrate an XM radio. I currently have SkyFi and I love it, but it would be nice to have it integrated into the tuner. I use the SkyFi at home alot so I wouldn't mind leaving it free to stay at home.

Any thoughts on this line of receivers? I'm very much a novice when it comes to this so I tend to think of Sony as high-quality when I realize there are much better units. But I am still curious as to what the afficianado rap is on this line?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
I've got a CDX-CA760x and I love it. Have control over EQ, Sub/Bass/Treble, output voltage, soundstaging, etc and it has seperate preamps for sub, front and rear. The lighting is nice, good red/orange that doesn't stick out at all. Had it for 2 years now and nay a problem. :smile:

R

Old 08-02-2003, 08:29 PM
OpusMini
4th Gear
My Mini catches a boat ride on Monday hopefully and today I pulled the trigger on the Sony head unit I referenced above. It was a tough call. Do you think the guys at Best Buy can be trusted to wire up my Delphi SkyFi to it as well as do the head unit drop in?